Lightning

Ok it's time I talk about what happen :o(

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005 | 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by tallimeca
Exactly. That's why I think it's CRAZY that you are paying someone else to make it right when you already paid.
Not quite.

Rob got what he paid for. The setup he wanted to do was a 450-460rwhp setup and that's what he got. He expected closer to 500rwhp off spray, and we tried everything we could do get there with what he had to work with. Not hitting that mark was not my fault. He wanted 600rwhp on spray. He got 550rwhp using the nitrous kit HE wanted to run, as opposed to the brand that I usually used. Upping the nitrous for that last 50hp did not gain any power. Again, not my fault. I tuned the truck best I could using what I had to work with. Rob also had quite a few gremlins along the way. Each one wound up being related to parts that HE supplied, that I wasn't keen on using. But it's what he could afford at the time, so I did my best to work with it. Little by little, we got those issues fixed, from parts I did not supply, so again, not my fault. In the end, Rob's truck ran awesome, was killer on the street, was not killing plugs, and was running very well and he was very happy going into JDM day. I have a good idea what happened to his truck at JDM day, but I want to hear back from him first on what he thinks.

There's really nobody to blame. It was a learning experiance and it didn't work out. Rob wanted to do a budget buildup to try to get the same results as people spending 15-20k. I tried to accomidate what he wanted. The expectations weren't met, but who was to know, it was the first time anyone wanted to try that. It's not Rob's fault, and it's not my fault.

So for all of you who think Rob didn't get what he "paid" for, you are quite wrong. None of you know how little Rob really paid for his job compared to most other build ups, and none of you know how much I did for him for free because he was supposed to be promoting PSP and my work.

Old 11-12-2005 | 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by LightningTuner
Not quite.

Rob got what he paid for. The setup he wanted to do was a 450-460rwhp setup and that's what he got. He expected closer to 500rwhp off spray, and we tried everything we could do get there with what he had to work with. Not hitting that mark was not my fault. He wanted 600rwhp on spray. He got 550rwhp using the nitrous kit HE wanted to run, as opposed to the brand that I usually used. Upping the nitrous for that last 50hp did not gain any power. Again, not my fault. I tuned the truck best I could using what I had to work with. Rob also had quite a few gremlins along the way. Each one wound up being related to parts that HE supplied, that I wasn't keen on using. But it's what he could afford at the time, so I did my best to work with it. Little by little, we got those issues fixed, from parts I did not supply, so again, not my fault. In the end, Rob's truck ran awesome, was killer on the street, was not killing plugs, and was running very well and he was very happy going into JDM day. I have a good idea what happened to his truck at JDM day, but I want to hear back from him first on what he thinks.

There's really nobody to blame. It was a learning experiance and it didn't work out. Rob wanted to do a budget buildup to try to get the same results as people spending 15-20k. I tried to accomidate what he wanted. The expectations weren't met, but who was to know, it was the first time anyone wanted to try that. It's not Rob's fault, and it's not my fault.

So for all of you who think Rob didn't get what he "paid" for, you are quite wrong. None of you know how little Rob really paid for his job compared to most other build ups, and none of you know how much I did for him for free because he was supposed to be promoting PSP and my work.

Sal,
THAT hits the nail right on the head as I see it... again just my opinion, JR

Old 11-12-2005 | 07:04 PM
yes

I tuned the truck best I could using what I had to work with. Rob also had quite a few gremlins along the way. Each one wound up being related to parts that HE supplied, that I wasn't keen on using. But it's what he could afford at the time, so I did my best to work with it. Little by little, we got those issues fixed, from parts I did not supply, so again, not my fault.
I understand completely Sal. I've had equipment come into my shop with major issues. Then I call the customer and have them come down and explain what they are in for. Well then they don't have the money to fix it RIGHT so they want me to do what we can and we do our best to make it as safe and as functional as possible. Then six months down the road it ****s the bed again and they come back and blame me for not fixing it right.

The only difference is Rob isn't coming back and blaming your because he knows you did what he asked you to do.

I've come to learn that it's not worth even doing the job in the first place if you aren't going to do it 100 percent. You think you are doing someone a favor and it comes back to bite me and the customer in the ***.

I just think it sucks that you set out to achieve something , and it fails, you have to pick up the pieces and start all over.

What's i'm saying is maybe this is a lesson to both tuner and customer.

A) If a customer wants you to do something that you don't feel 100% positive about......should you do the work???

B) If guys are spending twice as much as you to achieve results you hope to, there's probably a genuinly good reason for it.

What is the guess on what happened that caused 7 plugs to melt in all of 2 seconds of running????

Old 11-12-2005 | 07:36 PM
Rob, I knew I couldn't start a new thread with this, as it would surely be moved or deleted, but I figured you could use some cheering up, and I immediatly thought of you when I saw this pic. She said she would make you feel better!

Old 11-22-2005 | 07:26 PM
Rob02, just wanted an up date if you have one yet?

God Bless,

Suavy

Old 11-22-2005 | 07:42 PM
I'll bet it was fuel related...Normally when you melt plugs your lean... Rob is the shortblock ok?

Old 11-22-2005 | 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by JeffsLightning
I'll bet it was fuel related...Normally when you melt plugs your lean... Rob is the shortblock ok?

You could also have a vacumm leak. I had a cracked brake booster line that I never knew about. The truck went lean on the dyno and melted plugs and a head.

Peace,

Suavy

Old 11-22-2005 | 08:30 PM
[box]

Just my observations from someone who has not kept up with the build and cares nothing about your truck.

If you dont have time to do it right the first time, when will you have time to do it over? Obviously you are realizing the term "pay to play"... and you claim you have no hard feelings about what happened. But I find it quite odd for you to ****ing worship a tuner you have no experience with "TEAM JDM!!!!" as you say it or something. If you were a humble guy, you would keep it all quite till you figured something out, let both tuners be the first to know about the findings, then make any findings public. Right now you are basically ****ting on Sals head in the kindest most indirect way there is...

[/box]

Last edited by PhillipSVT; 11-22-2005 at 08:32 PM.
Old 11-22-2005 | 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by PhillipSVT
[box]

Just my observations from someone who has not kept up with the build and cares nothing about your truck.

If you dont have time to do it right the first time, when will you have time to do it over? Obviously you are realizing the term "pay to play"... and you claim you have no hard feelings about what happened. But I find it quite odd for you to ****ing worship a tuner you have no experience with "TEAM JDM!!!!" as you say it or something. If you were a humble guy, you would keep it all quite till you figured something out, let both tuners be the first to know about the findings, then make any findings public. Right now you are basically ****ting on Sals head in the kindest most indirect way there is...

[/box]
Phillip, most people like Rob work for a living and make a fare wage. However, the average American only makes around 35K a year. If you figure house payments car payments and all the household over head that doesn’t leave much left for 20K worth of up grades. What I'm trying to say is he upgraded using the cash he had available like most people. There are the select few who have the means to be able to drop their truck off and say I want a 10 sec truck here is my CC #.

This is not a slam just my .02 on this issue I my self have heard the why didn't you do this or why didn’t you do that? My answer is, "Hey give me your CC# and I'll get it tomorrow!"

God Bless,

Suavy

Old 11-22-2005 | 11:17 PM
You would have thought Rob would have chimed in now....especially with 11 gazillion posts... ..

Old 11-22-2005 | 11:54 PM
He chimed in on the other thread.

Jody

Old 11-23-2005 | 01:52 PM
Unhappy Man How Much More Pain Can Rob Stand????

Man rob has to be hurting. my self i couldn't stand it.

Old 11-23-2005 | 06:14 PM
I'm suprised he hasn't chimed in for the last few days. I pray all is well and moving forward for him.

Peace,

Suavy

Old 11-23-2005 | 07:13 PM
Looks like the chimed in on what happened in the thread bout highest horsepower with stock cams and heads.

Old 11-23-2005 | 07:43 PM
|
Sorry havent been around much lately, a lot going on...
No news yet on if the bottom end is use-able but the motors been out a while (just not taken apart "yet"). The New Heads are done and ready to go so soon it'll all start clicking together I'm sure. When I know more I'll let you all know.

As far as worshiping a tuner I dont know that is outright funny
I have been "very good friends" with Jim Jim and JDM for over 4 years now,
all my early Mods came from JDM, I've been going racing with them for years,
and the only reason I didn't go there for the initial build was location location location.

The funny part is Sal was the only one I didn't do business with all through the years, JLP provided most of my Mods and all my tuning for years (and did an amazing job I may add), and I happen to also be good Friends with Johnny and Sue. As I always say no one owns me, I deal with who I want, and I have been loyal to all, UNTIL THIS FRIGGING NIGHTMARE @$@$(@%$(@$
As a result a lot of schitt happen this last year, and yes I ended up causing some damage to people I care about like Charles, and of course now Sal
As for the Mag the only reason the Eaton was tried after the build was because of all the tuning issues and burnt plugs, when it put down the identical #'s all I did was report it, NOTHING ELSE. I said it was going back on, AND IT DID. Charles and the Mag being hurt was something I NEVER expected, and IT WAS NOT SOMETHING I COULD CONTROL. What sucked was the fact it couldnt show it's true colors because of the springs, what sucks more is Sal WAS NOT willing to change them. Now that Mag is going to give me a daily driving 10 sec L and there is NO DOUBT in my mind about that.

I am very upset with myself over what happen to that other post and more upset that I had to throw up like that last night
Maybe I do talk to much, maybe I do say too much, but for those that know me you know thats who I am, I call a spade a spade.
So for the people that are posting all over that I fk everyone that helps me, THAT IS ABSOLUTE BULLSCHITT, no one is more loyal than me.
BUT YOU FK ME, YOU BETTER BE OPEN TO HEARING TO TRUTH

I will end this by saying "once again" I WAS TOLD THAT THIS BUILD WOULD WORK, and it didnt. I would have never done it KNOWING it couldnt......

Quick Reply: Ok it's time I talk about what happen :o(