Lightning

Ok it's time I talk about what happen :o(

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005 | 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by tallimeca
Did you honestly expect this to be a 1 page thread?
Maybe if you quit throwing subtle digs it will be one page ! you've had your own issues with your truck and took your trail to ride so, let others solve their issues between theirselves without you throwing gas on the fire ! sal is 1# in my book and does what he can for evryone he does bussiness with so SHUT-UP ! in simple english !

Old 11-24-2005 | 05:46 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by l-menace

IMO and from what I've read on here for tthe past few years:
Less boost and more nitrous will get you a better time at the track than more boost and more nitrous.
I definatley agree to that! Our best nitrous times with our 2000 White truck, Kevin Whites truck, and a few others were when we dropped boost down about 2-4 psi from where we normally ran the race tune.

JimIII

Old 11-24-2005 | 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by Rob_02Lightning
Want a little more truth you may not want to hear ???, I already had plans to give JDM my truck this winter to make it right, and this was long BEFORE it blew up. There are people reading this now that know that to be the truth and thats all I care about.
Rob, if you are all about the TRUTH, then why did you hide this from Sal? You CONTINUED to let him HOOK YOU UP with deals when all along you were planning on screwing him.

I felt a little bad when I got that email from you today. I thought for a few hours that maybe I came down a little hard on you. Now I can see it's just all Rob doubletalk.

So how much are you dropping at JDM? You doing a built trans for that 10 sec DD or will we have a thread in 4 months about how you begged Jim to rebuild your trans but he refused and now JLP is putting in a Level 10?

-Mark

Old 11-24-2005 | 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by St Louis Lightning
Rob, if you are all about the TRUTH, then why did you hide this from Sal? You CONTINUED to let him HOOK YOU UP with deals when all along you were planning on screwing him.

Ouch. Thats focked up no matter way you look at it.

Sal, you did all you could.

Old 11-24-2005 | 06:32 PM
but the bottom line is MY L was never right after the build, I havent been able to enjoy it for a full year, he wasnt able to get it right, and it's MY decision to move on.
Thats what matters most. Your money, your truck, your decision.

Old 11-24-2005 | 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by St Louis Lightning

true colors.

Old 11-24-2005 | 11:29 PM
I believe Rob was feeling trapped. Sal agreed that the deal could be done in the beginning. As a businessman, I turn down customers all the time that want my company to do work that I know is not right. Sal should have done the same thing. If Sal thought it was a bad idea from the beginning, but did it anyway to make a buck, he is in the wrong here.

After umpteen failures...Rob was loosing faith in Sal. Rob making a decision to give it more time before going elsewhere is not underhanded at all.

He was not trying to "milk" Sal. He had dropped 5 grand on a project that Sal agreed to do. Sal was failing to get it done. Rob was giving Sal the chance to get it right before he went elsewhere.

You people need to get off Robs ****. Many of you folks that are throwing stones right now, helped to encourage this deal to begin with.

What the hell is wrong with you people? Sal ****ed this up...not Rob. Rob was trying to figure out how to recover...which is what each and every one of us would do in the same situation.

Again...Sal is suppose to be the expert. He agreed to do a project...he didn't get it done and then threw his customer to the dogs.

Shame on the lot of you. Quit giving Rob *****. Especially those of you that helped encourage this "budget build" in the first place.

Rocks

Old 11-25-2005 | 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by 03LightninRocks
I believe Rob was feeling trapped. Sal agreed that the deal could be done in the beginning. As a businessman, I turn down customers all the time that want my company to do work that I know is not right. Sal should have done the same thing. If Sal thought it was a bad idea from the beginning, but did it anyway to make a buck, he is in the wrong here.

After umpteen failures...Rob was loosing faith in Sal. Rob making a decision to give it more time before going elsewhere is not underhanded at all.

He was not trying to "milk" Sal. He had dropped 5 grand on a project that Sal agreed to do. Sal was failing to get it done. Rob was giving Sal the chance to get it right before he went elsewhere.

You people need to get off Robs ****. Many of you folks that are throwing stones right now, helped to encourage this deal to begin with.

What the hell is wrong with you people? Sal ****ed this up...not Rob. Rob was trying to figure out how to recover...which is what each and every one of us would do in the same situation.

Again...Sal is suppose to be the expert. He agreed to do a project...he didn't get it done and then threw his customer to the dogs.

Shame on the lot of you. Quit giving Rob *****. Especially those of you that helped encourage this "budget build" in the first place.

Rocks
LOL!!!!!!!

i enjoy your posts

i also get the feeling, that no matter what your opinion is you will go against the grain to show the "other" point of view.

"other" meaning the oposite of the majority

sal's position as the "master" is solidified. this one instance no matter what the reason can not take that away.

however, from reading sal's posts i could not help but notice the anger he is feeling.

and from reading robs posts i could see the spiral that is going on in his mind with no clear cut answers.

rob wanted more power,,,,,,sal says we didnt add anything to make more power,,,,,,rob says more boost?,,,,sal says ok lets give it a try,,,,,,,,,20lbs of boost and nitrous doesnt mix with a cylinder with no exhaust opening.

sometimes when you get two great guys together to do something that wont work,,,,,,,,you get two great guys that dont like each other anymore.

when you give your blood sweat and tears to something and someone and that someone turns its back on you,,,,well that hurts bad

"no good deed EVER goes unpunished"

Old 11-25-2005 | 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by lightninquick
LOL!!!!!!!

i enjoy your posts

i also get the feeling, that no matter what your opinion is you will go against the grain to show the "other" point of view.

"other" meaning the oposite of the majority

sal's position as the "master" is solidified. this one instance no matter what the reason can not take that away.

however, from reading sal's posts i could not help but notice the anger he is feeling.

and from reading robs posts i could see the spiral that is going on in his mind with no clear cut answers.

rob wanted more power,,,,,,sal says we didnt add anything to make more power,,,,,,rob says more boost?,,,,sal says ok lets give it a try,,,,,,,,,20lbs of boost and nitrous doesnt mix with a cylinder with no exhaust opening.

sometimes when you get two great guys together to do something that wont work,,,,,,,,you get two great guys that dont like each other anymore.

when you give your blood sweat and tears to something and someone and that someone turns its back on you,,,,well that hurts bad

"no good deed EVER goes unpunished"

I can't disagree with anything you said. Not even the part about "going against the grain"...LOL.

Sometimes ...the dog pack is chowing on rotten meat. I don't much go for rotten meat. Maybe that causes me to appear contrarian.

I don't really believe Rob deserves this crucifiction. If being retarded where grounds for crucifiction...there would only be about three or four of us posting around here.

I go with what I believe to be right...regardless of the "popular" opinion.

edit out unnecessary coment...

Yep....Sal is good...but he is not perfect. None of us are.

Rocks

Last edited by 03LightninRocks; 11-25-2005 at 01:02 AM.
Old 11-25-2005 | 12:48 AM
I think everybody is flipping out over this. In my opinion, you have an example of trying to do something against the grain, that ended up not working. Each side probably has it's wrongs. Sal did as told, and if that was against what he thought/knew would work, he should have spoken up and refused the liability. The only thing that i see wrong in this entire situation, is the POSSIBILITY Sal built it exactly how Rob asked, maybe knowing in the back of his mind it wasnt truely possible? But on Sal's side, he hooked Rob up with tons of support, free stuff, yada yada. The experiment proved it wouldnt work. I dont know why everybody is taking sides, i really dont think anyone is to blame. Just an experiment gone wrong I guess.
Me personally, i would have never thrown the nitrous on the engine without making passes off nitrous. I think everything should be gradual, and work its way into place. I think the nitrous should have gradually of been worked in, and gradually stepped up, rather than just jumping accrossed boundaries and the engines limits. Why not start w/ the blower at say 18psi, and 75 shot, and gradually figure out what works? I think frustration mounted with the difficulty of the build, and impatience ended up being the culprit. No fault to Rob, I truely understand how mad/upset he would have to be, constantly replacing plugs, and troubleshooting.
I've constantly been curious to what has been causing the plugs to be burnt so badly, I mean rob is running a lot of boost through stock heads, but so are Fast Freddy and a few others. How much more was rob actually running than say Fred, who is on stock heads etc as well? That's all im curious to?
And as far as Rob switching vendors, thats Rob's choice, and no one else's. I don't see how he through anybody under a bridge, or what people are saying. He tried a project, it didn't work... so he's moving on to something else. Regardless of how magnificant someone's work is, or whatever, blowing an engine up is going to leave a sour taste in your mouth. I think starting fresh is the best for both sides, and it will eliminate any hardships or arguing between the two if they just cut losses.

And another thing, I hate to say it, but who didn't see all of this coming a mile away? Ever since the build its been problem after problem, something just has never looked right or worked right. When Rob made his post declaring his engine destroyed, I wasn't in the least suprised.....food for thought.

All in all, Rob and Sal are still A+ in my book. Kudos for trying something different, but sometimes you get burnt trying to go against the grain. I think neither side should be bad mouthed in the whole ordeal.

Old 11-25-2005 | 02:32 AM
Originally Posted by Derek94
The experiment proved it wouldnt work. I dont know why everybody is taking sides, i really dont think anyone is to blame. Just an experiment gone wrong I guess.
Kinda like Frankenstein

Everybody got burned.

Old 11-25-2005 | 10:16 AM
|
I have not been back to this post since my last reply, I have not read ANYTHING after it, AND I WONT, I also will not be back to this post again
I only want to post this

I broke my number one rule and I'm very upset at myself for doing it. I said alot of schitt over the last few days that I thought I never would. I guess being attacked from so many all at once brought out a pretty ugly side of me, a side I really dont like to look at. Sometimes schitt happens at a point and time of your life when you just cant take no more, believe me when I tell you this is that point and time of my life.

Seeing Sal tell me I'm not welcome, then have what I consider a really good friend Richie stike out at me, and of course other Team PSP people, just hit me hard and I counter attacked the only way I know how by giving it back 10 fold. My "I'm sorry for being an a$$hole" is directed to those people

As for the other people telling me FU rob, drive a whatever Rob, everything you touch turns to schitt Rob, all I have to say to you is go EDIT yourself EDIT obviously you dont know me. My truck ran flawless through all of 2002, 2003, and 2004, with me doing 100% wrenching, moding, and being in control of my tunes 100%, nothing I did wasn't a total success so go sell your schitt to someone else.

And to the other EDIT I NEVER EVER claimed to be some big shot racer, I usually get to the track 10-15 times a year but once they closed the local track here (last season) that will now be cut in half, NOT ONCE A YEAR

Rich Chim Mark and other Team PSP peeps you disappoint me the most, you turned on me like animals and came out in attack mode without EVER looking at MY SIDE. This was never about money, it was never about Sal DIDNT do for me. What it's about is after we all knew there were problems IT COULD HAVE AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN SAVED, and it wasnt. What it's about is when is too much just too much, where is the line drawn ??? A year of not being able to floor my truck is that line for me, I AM SORRY IF YOU CANT UNDERSTAND THAT.

I would like to say to Sal and PSP, Rich Mark Chim and the other people
"I" care about, from the bottom of my heart I am so so sorry for what was said here the last few days. I NEVER should have struck out, I never should have thrown up on you, and most important I never should have allowed people to push my buttons, (especially the few who know nothing about me)

Richie is like a Brother to me, Chim was the first AND ONLY person EVER to beat me street racing, we've been hanging together at the summer car shows for years, he's offered help to me on numerous ocassions and we were all one big happy LOONY family before all this schitt happen, and I pray we will be again some day

I still feel none of you are seeing my side, and I still feel all of you are blaming me for something I had NO CONTROL over, but after letting it sit a while I do understand your side and only hope you someday understand mine.
The bottom line is with or without heads and cams, this SHOULD HAVE WORKED AND DIDNT. The springs are not to blame for the burning plugs, and how ironic is it after installing the 60's the truck was rendered 100% useless and un-drivable from that point on, (that was tune related as I've been saying all along btw)

But let me make sure EVERYONE reading this understands this
Sal is one of the finest Mechanics, Tuners, and Builders out there, and I would
recommend him to anyone. Yesterday, Today, AND TOMORROW. He did things for me no one ever would have, he saved me tons of $, and yes he even got me help from others. Yet with all the issues we had we still did put down massive amounts of power. Personally I think BOTH of us jumped the gun by taking it racing JDM Day, and your dam right I was impatient (if you can call waiting a year that) But it was suppose to be ready, and obvioulsy it wasn't.
But thats no excuse for throwing up on him and the other Team PSP peeps that jumped in, AND FOR THAT I WILL ALWAYS BE SORRY. I'm not saying I was wrong, BUT I AM SORRY for what I said.

As for moving on to JDM it's where I belong now, he has a proven method for building the 10 sec DD Mag, AND I WANT THAT. I didnt at the begining of my build, but as the saying goes the second time around you make it bigger and better and dont look back........

Although Sal and PSP choose to close the door on me, I WONT ON THEM,
Sal is a Great Guy, and can offer anyone in the Community anything they want, so PLEASE dont let any of the feelings posted lately steer anyone off track.

Doug, Steve, Brooks, I never asked this before, but I sure wish you would go through those two post and delete it all, everyone said what was on their minds, we all know how each other now feel, and for peeps looking at it in the future I see no value of it anymore

I AM TRULY SORRY TO SAL, TEAM PSP, and the Community

Last edited by Rob_02Lightning; 11-25-2005 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-25-2005 | 12:14 PM
I just read this entire thread and in my opinion, it is best not to post a blow by blow of troubles with any issue. Rob would have been far better off if he had never said word one until the final results were in. That way nobody gets hurt along the way and nobody has to save face in the end.

Some of you know that my 32V conversion refuses to run properly, I have been struggling with it off and on for six weeks and it refuses to diagnose or log any errors. At the moment, I don't believe it is in the tune but it is a new and untried combination. The whole combination came from my head so I am responsible for whatever happens.

Sal is my tuner of choice. I am of the opinion that he is one of the few who truly understands the logic and interrelationships of tuning on these trucks. He will get the credit when I get it straightened out (and I will) but I will not post about it on a daily basis.

I learned many years ago, possibly before some of you were born, "if you can't say something good about somebody then say nothing at all".

Old 11-25-2005 | 01:42 PM
Well maybe Rob should let Tommy Lightning build the next one....
Sorry had to....

As for the Whole deal to me even though Rob says hes not going to post I am sure he will read what we all write.

I think he had high expectations with low funds which is fine..Almost everyone I know has champange taste and a beer wallet.

I also belive Sal tried his best to get it right after the fact, But I feel as the expert he should hold some accountablity( a big part of it) if this was something Rob knew how to do he would have done it himself instead like most of us he relies on an expert and what they recomend and should not be held accountable for numerous failures because of an obvious problem (springs).
If this holds true Sal was told by numerous people to change them Rob also was aware but if Sal refused or even said thats not the Prob what was Rob supposed to do? ( I don't know this was true basing it on what I read)

I also don't care about all the claimed freebies Rob supposedly got Dyno runs labor ect ect Where did it get him...put on a trailer and back to the bank...
I think Sal has had enough of Rob for what ever reason there is usually more than meets the eye only Rob and Sal know the real deal.

I think even if Rob posted his usuall play by play posts which help alot of us by the way after reading this Sal got pissed and took it personal and Rob just defended himself.

When it is all said and done I think after Jim and the crew determine the real cause thats when the total accountablity should come into play not to say JDM is the best but they seem to be the most consistant and have the least amount of breakage and most build ups no matter what anyone says there work is great..people just don't like the price/personallity but that has something to do with it to obviously look what happend here.
If it turns out they find a fault that should have been noticed (by SAl) or was something was put in wrong Sal should pay Rob back if it was something else oh well Rob...expensive mistake

I remember when this happend to Matt(svt150) by Tommy nobody likes paying twice for anything.
Well sorry for my ramble I am stuck at work on a holiday while most of you are probably stuffed.
Rob I don't think we are gonna let you join J-LO no matter how long your truck in in NJ we will let Gator decide I hope your truck gets going soon if not JDM's party could result in some extras you don't want.....alot of beer for Gator ='s alot of pee......lol
Hope you hit the road soon buddy if not just steal all of Vinnies and Gators stuff let there insurance pay for the next build up, racing season is over for them those bad boys are just sitting in garages....mmmmmmm

Sorry for the rant
Slick

Old 11-25-2005 | 02:34 PM
wow

Originally Posted by SLICK0478
Well maybe Rob should let Tommy Lightning build the next one....
Sorry had to....

As for the Whole deal to me even though Rob says hes not going to post I am sure he will read what we all write.

I think he had high expectations with low funds which is fine..Almost everyone I know has champange taste and a beer wallet.

I also belive Sal tried his best to get it right after the fact, But I feel as the expert he should hold some accountablity( a big part of it) if this was something Rob knew how to do he would have done it himself instead like most of us he relies on an expert and what they recomend and should not be held accountable for numerous failures because of an obvious problem (springs).
If this holds true Sal was told by numerous people to change them Rob also was aware but if Sal refused or even said thats not the Prob what was Rob supposed to do? ( I don't know this was true basing it on what I read)

I also don't care about all the claimed freebies Rob supposedly got Dyno runs labor ect ect Where did it get him...put on a trailer and back to the bank...
I think Sal has had enough of Rob for what ever reason there is usually more than meets the eye only Rob and Sal know the real deal.

I think even if Rob posted his usuall play by play posts which help alot of us by the way after reading this Sal got pissed and took it personal and Rob just defended himself.

When it is all said and done I think after Jim and the crew determine the real cause thats when the total accountablity should come into play not to say JDM is the best but they seem to be the most consistant and have the least amount of breakage and most build ups no matter what anyone says there work is great..people just don't like the price/personallity but that has something to do with it to obviously look what happend here.
If it turns out they find a fault that should have been noticed (by SAl) or was something was put in wrong Sal should pay Rob back if it was something else oh well Rob...expensive mistake

I remember when this happend to Matt(svt150) by Tommy nobody likes paying twice for anything.
Well sorry for my ramble I am stuck at work on a holiday while most of you are probably stuffed.
Rob I don't think we are gonna let you join J-LO no matter how long your truck in in NJ we will let Gator decide I hope your truck gets going soon if not JDM's party could result in some extras you don't want.....alot of beer for Gator ='s alot of pee......lol
Hope you hit the road soon buddy if not just steal all of Vinnies and Gators stuff let there insurance pay for the next build up, racing season is over for them those bad boys are just sitting in garages....mmmmmmm

Sorry for the rant
Slick

Wow!!!! It's like we share the same brain. I just posted almost the same thing in another thread.

Quick Reply: Ok it's time I talk about what happen :o(