Lightning

Waxing question

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 08:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waxing question

It seems that everytime I wax my black L it looks blotchy when Im done. It was cool tonight when I did it and I let it dry for a good while and it still did it. Does anyone else have this problem and know how to solve it? Thanks in advance.

Old 11-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Dark colors tend to do that. It is either one of two things - either it was a thick area of application, or the paint really absorbed it in that area. My suggestion would be to wash the truck again, and then apply another coat of wax. When I purchased my black expedition (91,000 miles on it when purchased), it did this at first. It really had not been cared for and took three coats of wax to restore an even shine. I use Cherry Wet Wax on all of my vehicles and it is excellent at restoring the original deep shine. Use whatever wax makes you happy.... just beware of the Zaino clan

Old 11-08-2005, 09:06 PM
Thanks a lot, Im planning on adding another coat here in a little bit, and another one tomorrow. Thanks again, I hope it will start evening out after a couple coats.

Old 11-08-2005, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by Cub Cadet
I use Cherry Wet Wax on all of my vehicles and it is excellent at restoring the original deep shine. Use whatever wax makes you happy.... just beware of the Zaino clan
Ditto
Mike

Old 11-08-2005, 11:49 PM
I have never had that problem with mine to be honest. I used show class for awhile and then tried Zaino. Killer stuff, I just don't have the time to go over my truck at least three time every time I wax. Just switched to NXT and this stuff is awesome.

Quick Reply: Waxing question