Lightning

480 rwhp and only 12's

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 11:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like silver2000's idea. I am in the same boat as all you are, kb + alllll the bolt-ons. She went 12.31 at 113.5 w ~480rwhp. It feels like converter slip is killing my e.t's. I cannot tell exactly but is definitely losing some power somewhere. My converter is set to lock in 3rd only above a certain rpm wot(can't remember what that is). I wonder if we are all losing et from drivetrain control settings and not engine control settings?
Dan

Old 11-10-2005, 12:02 PM
if i had some new wheels for the track i would like to play around with the weight ratio as far as the tailgate no spare tire assembly and no passenger seat i smell 11's all day long oh yea and a roll pan of course i just dont have one yet..

Old 11-10-2005, 02:12 PM
Jim III,
Thanks for the response I guess I'll be giving you guys a call soon. I feel a little more at ease now that you guys are aware of my situation and have a good idea of what I can do to fix it .I also think that fuel pumps might be a good idea too. I'm also happy to hear that we might be able to squeeze some more power out of the truck with a revised tune.

By the way do you guys have a good intrest free payment plan...only kidding...well maybe.
Talk to you soon
ED
p.s. I will work for parts!! heh heh heh

Old 11-10-2005, 03:30 PM
yeah

28" hoosiers
QA1 rear shocks
Maybe a MP bracket or just bring it by and see if we can come up with a good idea for it.

Yes, That should do the truck.

Also, you might be at your max for pumps witha bigger maf and injectors.....

Old 11-10-2005, 05:58 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by tallimeca
Yes, That should do the truck.

Also, you might be at your max for pumps witha bigger maf and injectors.....

I think we covered the MAF for ED but the pumps like he and you said are a good safe gaurd especially if we are going to turn it up some!

JimIII

Old 11-10-2005, 07:10 PM
NATAS
As said it's ALL in the 60ft, and 1.8's are hurting you. And you do need 112-114 MPH to get those 11's. Can I ask why your only running a 6lb lower ???
Why not throw some more boost at it ??? The tq goes up BIG TIME with more boost on the mag. I've always run 22-25lbs of boost on mine, schitt I can catch 15lbs backing out of my driveway

My feelings are why did I build a lower end to handle over 1000HP if I'm not going to enjoy it, massive boost on these puppys make a tire ripping street & strip beast. Torque is our friend, I say throw a schitt load at it
Even my Eaton will put down over 600ft lbs of tq with the 10lb lower, Friday when the valve / valves let loss (still to be determained), I had a 1.5 60ft launching WITH NO N20 (and for the record, that was on the Eaton). As Jim said there is a HUGE diff between 1.6's compared to 1.8's. YOU NEED SLICKS if you want to catch a good 60ft, without them all your going to do is destroy your street tires and get fustrated. As for Boost, I sure the hell never plan on running less that 20, I SAY PUMP IT UP, woo hoo.....

Quick Reply: 480 rwhp and only 12's