Lightning

8 days to the Whipples start shipping.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005 | 05:34 PM
well, I'm not afraid to call her a Ho! When there are Whipples under everyones Christmas tree I will take it back.

Old 11-13-2005 | 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by whip
well, I'm not afraid to call her a Ho! When there are Whipples under everyones Christmas tree I will take it back.

Old 11-13-2005 | 09:24 PM
Guys...

This BS has to stop. Just because product delays exist, doesn't mean they lied to you!

HOW MANY TIMES HAS WHIPPLE POSTED ON THIS BOARD GUARENTEEING DELIVERY?

I'm on here every day and haven't seen one yet. It's just others saying this is what I've heard and now I've heard this yada yada... It's called RUMORS! THen others hop aboard and b!tch and complain about these rumors being false, all leading back to WHIPPLE lied to us.

Odd that RUMORS aren't always true...

I don't know who SHONDA is, nor do I care.

Old 11-13-2005 | 09:37 PM
Nor do I know who shonda is or care. Just having some fun, relax. And while I wasn't one of the chumps dumb enough to give them my money (a free loan) only to get nothing but promises in return, they should have never told people when it would be available if they didn't have hard details. When the first rumors came out, I thought it was going to be AWSOME to have another choice to the kb. Now I would never buy one, or atleast not new, if thats how we are going to be treated. I bought a blower that had proven power gains, and proven reliablity, and top notch customer support. Its called Magnum Powers, even if its not the Fastest blower out there, I thought it was the best choice at the time.

Old 11-13-2005 | 09:45 PM
Whip -

Why is it that you believe the lightning "community" is being lied to and treated so horribly? What makes the lightning guys so special as to be mistreated like "red headed step children" ?

You do realize that Whipple as NO blowers whatsoever, right? No Marine blowers, no GM blowers, no pontiac blowers, nothing. Lysholm has been jacking them around on delivery. If Lysholm tells them they will have their blowers on xyz date, then thats what they tell the customer. The lightning blower isnt something new that even needs to be proven. This is the same blower (2300ax) that they have installed in THOUSANDS of other vehicles / marine applications without issues. The rest is just castings and adapter plates...

I dont know Shonda and have never even spoken to her, but calling her a Ho, whether you are "playing" or not, is a bit out of line.

-Dale

Old 11-13-2005 | 10:22 PM
Sad part for Whipple is they are so slow to market there are now other proven choices KB, Magnum, Turbo (well early yet but the proof is starting to poke it's head).

I wanted Whipple but it took to long and went with a Pro Turbo kit. It will be here in just a few weeks and others have already started to ship. The Pro Turbo kit is about a 8-9 week wait so I guess you can't win in a limited specialty market, it's just not on the shelve when you want it.

Old 11-13-2005 | 11:44 PM
New compressors:

These are whipples own compressors that they designed. They are NOT lynsholm compressors. Mine and the one on Fords Lightning are the ONLY lynsholm compressor lightning kits out and will only be.

2.3l compressor comparison:

Will

Old 11-14-2005 | 06:35 AM
Originally Posted by Dale-01L
Whip -

Why is it that you believe the lightning "community" is being lied to and treated so horribly? What makes the lightning guys so special as to be mistreated like "red headed step children" ?

You do realize that Whipple as NO blowers whatsoever, right? No Marine blowers, no GM blowers, no pontiac blowers, nothing. Lysholm has been jacking them around on delivery. If Lysholm tells them they will have their blowers on xyz date, then thats what they tell the customer. The lightning blower isnt something new that even needs to be proven. This is the same blower (2300ax) that they have installed in THOUSANDS of other vehicles / marine applications without issues. The rest is just castings and adapter plates...

I dont know Shonda and have never even spoken to her, but calling her a Ho, whether you are "playing" or not, is a bit out of line.

-Dale
First off....tell me where in my post did I say they lied? All I'm saying is, they got peoples hopes up and didn't come through. I'm sure it was unitentional, but they should have never made that promise until they knew they could deliver. And as far as us being special. We are not, but they did pass us over to build the kits for chevy trucks, the new mustang, and some other kits, before the compressors ran out all together.

Old 11-14-2005 | 08:13 AM
To get away from more rumors

Here is the press release from the website

Supercharger Delivery Problems
For Immediate Release: 8/30/2005
Phone: 559.442.1261
Fax: 559.442.4153

To our current and future customers:

Thank you for your interest and continued support of Whipple Industries. As many of you know, were currently experiencing delays in filling orders for the Whipple-Lysholm superchargers. We know this is frustrating to our customers, and we would like nothing other than to be in a position to meet your supercharger needs. Unfortunately, due to problems in its supply chain, Lysholm Technologies was unable to ship us the superchargers that we have ordered for our customers, resulting in significant backorders that began in mid 2004 and escalated through May of 2005. As a result, we are unable to fill your supercharger orders currently and this has resulted in a delay of our release for the much anticipated Ford Racing SC systems such as the 05’ 4.6 Mustang, 04’-05’ 5.4L F150/F250 and the 99’-04’ 5.4L Lightning/Harley kits.

Please be assured that we are doing everything we can to supply superchargers for you that meets our stringent quality and performance demands. Our relationship with many of you goes back years and it saddens us greatly that we find ourselves in this predicament. We have every intention to supply superchargers in the very near future and we have very exciting news that will be released soon. We ask for your continued patience and understanding during this unexpected and unfortunate delay. Should you have questions or need to speak with us, please feel free to contact us. Please stay tuned for more information to be released soon.

Thank you,
Dustin Whipple
Vice President, Whipple Industries, Inc.

Originally Posted by Spanky99L
New compressors:

These are whipples own compressors that they designed. They are NOT lynsholm compressors. Mine and the one on Fords Lightning are the ONLY lynsholm compressor lightning kits out and will only be.

Will
The above press release suggests that they are waiting for Lysholm compressors for ALL kits

Last edited by Silver_2000; 11-14-2005 at 08:15 AM.
Old 11-14-2005 | 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by Silver_2000_;)!

The above press release suggests that they are waiting for Lysholm compressors for ALL kits
The above press release is 2 1/2 months old too.. So who knows..

Old 11-14-2005 | 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by Rob_02Lightning
Agreed

Shonda has been extremely helpful and she's kept us up to date on whats been happening. Ok we were lied to a million times but god knows that WAS NOT her decision.
And the anger may be better directed at Autorotor/Kenne Bell for the Whipple delays. Can you say resrtiction of trade?

Old 11-14-2005 | 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by Spanky99L
New compressors:

2.3l compressor comparison:

Will
Spanky,

What compressor's are being compared in the graph, and do you have a bigger version?

Thanks

Old 11-14-2005 | 10:27 AM
|
Originally Posted by St Louis Lightning
The above press release is 2 1/2 months old too.. So who knows..
I know as of Saturday, WHIPPLE says they start shipping on Nov 21, and thats "1" week from today. I guess we'll know soon enough....

Old 11-14-2005 | 10:32 AM
Should be alot happening in one week

Old 11-14-2005 | 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by Silver_2000_;)!
. . . The above press release suggests that they are waiting for Lysholm compressors for ALL kits
I don't read it that way. It says:

"Please be assured that we are doing everything we can to supply superchargers for you that meets our stringent quality and performance demands. . . .We have every intention to supply superchargers in the very near future and we have very exciting news that will be released soon."

Sounds more like a hint that Whipple will be introducing a new supercharger that is equivalent to a Lysholm.

Quick Reply: 8 days to the Whipples start shipping.....