Lightning

rear eaton bearings

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005 | 11:30 AM
|
Question rear eaton bearings

is there a certain type of grase used to lubricate the rear bearings in the eaton? it has been some time since i switched to the breathers and cleaned all the oil from my intake.i beleive i had heard the "oil in the intake" had helped to lubricate the rear bearings.i am hearing a noise from the blower and think the rear bearings may need lubricating.

Old 11-13-2005 | 12:19 PM
Stiegemeieres uses Mobil I synthetic grease on the rear bearings.

Old 11-13-2005 | 02:30 PM
|
thanx.i assume that i should be able to remove the nose assembly grease the end of the rotors and slide them back in? the rear bearings are pressed in correct?

Old 11-13-2005 | 10:34 PM
Correct. Make sure when you separate the case, that you do it between the housing and the first plate and not between the two front plates as you will then have the s/c oil leaking out. Just in case, it might be a good idea to get two bottles s/c oil. You can get it at most GM Pontiac dealers ($7/bottle). Check the oil level after you have it back together again, needs to be at the lower edge of the filler hole when you have the blower sitting on a flat surface.
I eliminated blower noise last weekend, by washing out the rear bearings with WD40 and repacking with Mobil 1 synthetic grease (Pepboys $6). When you put the blower back together tq it to 24 lb-ft.

Quick Reply: rear eaton bearings