Lightning

Built motor guys

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005 | 09:21 PM
|
Built motor guys

Does anyone have a start up issue when hot? I have to give the truck about 1/16 throttle to get it to fire up then its all fine. Also My truck idles a lot rougher sometimes stalling when i put my 2.8 upper on compared to my 3.5 I figure this is due to adding more RPMS to the blower @ idle so it is moving more air making it not idle smooth?

Old 11-16-2005 | 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by LatemodelRacer2
Does anyone have a start up issue when hot? I have to give the truck about 1/16 throttle to get it to fire up then its all fine. Also My truck idles a lot rougher sometimes stalling when i put my 2.8 upper on compared to my 3.5 I figure this is due to adding more RPMS to the blower @ idle so it is moving more air making it not idle smooth?

I do from time to time but I'm runing stage 3 Crower cams on a daily driver. I use a 2.69 upper and and a 10 lb lower.

Peace,

Suavy

Old 11-16-2005 | 10:52 PM
Mine has done it stock, modded with a eaton, modded with a KB, and built motor with cams. Only does it occasionally is the kicker.........

I've heard other non L Fords trucks do it. One of these days I'll figure out what in the computer program controlls it fix it.

Old 11-16-2005 | 11:48 PM
A correct tune will cure that needed part throttle starting problem....Should be able to crank it just like stock with no throttle..

Casey who is your tuner?

Old 11-17-2005 | 12:07 AM
|
ok next small problem.....my truck doesnt like to idle in park. it will idle fine in drive but put in P or N and it will chop for a sec or two and then just die. Checked the IAC valve and its good. Not sure on this one

Old 11-17-2005 | 12:34 AM
ok next small problem.....my truck doesnt like to idle in park. it will idle fine in drive but put in P or N and it will chop for a sec or two and then just die. Checked the IAC valve and its good. Not sure on this one
Is your idle rpm set right? One setting for drive, one for neutral. (park)

Old 11-17-2005 | 12:47 AM
Single Blade Throttle Body? If so you might try moving the adjustment screw to open it up a little more. I found out that fixed a lot with mine. Basically were out of the range of the IAC valve with cams and such done. You will have to adj it back and forth till you find the sweet spot.

Old 11-17-2005 | 12:48 AM
Originally Posted by JeffsLightning
Casey who is your tuner?

Old 11-17-2005 | 01:29 AM
|
Originally Posted by Casey02L
Single Blade Throttle Body? If so you might try moving the adjustment screw to open it up a little more. I found out that fixed a lot with mine. Basically were out of the range of the IAC valve with cams and such done. You will have to adj it back and forth till you find the sweet spot.
Yeah i have a accufab single blade. I have already adjusted it once when i first got my motor back and it solved it then but removed my NX kit today which meant i removed the PSP plate so i dunno what that could have caused no vacuum leaks i tested for them already with starting fluid. I went out and adjusted the idle screw out some so ill try it out in the AM.

I have read by some people that you should unplug the IAC and then set the tb screw to where the truck will somewhat idle with it unpluged then plug it back in and its suppose to idle smoother?

Old 11-17-2005 | 01:54 AM
I have read by some people that you should unplug the IAC and then set the tb screw to where the truck will somewhat idle with it unpluged then plug it back in and its suppose to idle smoother?
That is how I got my S/C SVTF to idle, computers are weird, what ever happened to a good ol motor with plug wires, a ground and a positive!

Old 11-17-2005 | 01:52 PM
|
I got it to where it will actually idle now but it still surges pretty good. 700-1000 in park. I tried setting it with the IAC unpluged it seemed to help a little. The TPS is set @ .998 It also now when driving it the truck takes a while to idle down. Im beging to think its this TB

Old 12-03-2005 | 02:47 AM
Mine runs fine. I have lil biatch cams though

I tuned it with tunercat

Quick Reply: Built motor guys