Lightning

Short on cash, Need a Dyno Tune!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005 | 02:45 AM
|
Unhappy Short on cash, Need a Dyno Tune!

O.k. I know it's asking alot, but anyone know of ANYONE that can get my SVTL on the Dyno somewhere in North Carolina on the coast? The closest one I know of is the guy who did my SVTF, but he his a 3hr drive away, just out side of RDU area. I am in Havelock, NC. I can get by with out a dyno for now, if I can get some tunning tips with my Predator. From what I read, I do not trust the Generic Tune that came with it. How about all you big guys out thier? All you profesionals who do this for a living, and have thier own tunner shops, any help I can get? I just don't want my SVTL to blow up if I take it to the track, but I can not afford a pro right now, not untill Feb. or so.

Thanks guys.

p.s. Anyone selling a used 4lb or even a 6lb pulley for around $50.00 or so? E-bay has nothing, nor do the classifieds, well thier was one, but the guy said he sold it the same day I e-mailed him.

Last edited by HalfTime; 11-18-2005 at 05:40 AM.
Old 11-18-2005 | 06:43 AM
Bro

Ben's selling a Hub and ring set up for $75.00 WITH BELT (which you need)
(the pulley has an area thats a little beat up, but it looks ok to me ???)
Remember with a Hub and Ring set up, you can add or delete boost very quick and easy, and extra rings are very easy to find
http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum...p?topic=2142.0

And right here in the F-150 Classified there's this 6lb'r

Headline: Selling Lots of go fast goodies!!! CHeap! 23393
I have a 90mm Big air MAF off my 2000 Lightning for $200 plus shipping. Also a Diablo Predator for $350 with computer hookup. The 6lb lower has never been installed and will go for $50 with belt. The JLP cold air kit has only been on for about a month and will go for $120 obo. The track link bars are used but in perfect condition, make offer. Also have a Bassani Cat-less midpipe that was installed for less then a month. Make offer. All items are negotiable.Please call or email me anytime

Here's a link
https://www.f150online.com/classifieds/view.cfm
Click on Accessories For Sale (Lightning)
then it should be the 7th down

As for your tuning, Supporting Vendors and Tuners from here at F-150 can do it through the mail just fine for your set up. PSP and JLP do Diablo, prob cost you $75.00 and it can actually be done through e-mail if you have the cables

Old 11-18-2005 | 09:28 AM
Dude just dont let Rob email you any of his programs or the gremlins might come visit you too

Old 11-18-2005 | 10:08 AM
Not to be a smart a$$, but If your short on cash you should probably use that $50 on a dyno rather than pulley's. Your truck is way more important

Old 11-18-2005 | 05:25 PM
|
All the pulley f/s in the classifieds are already sold, or are just as much as a new one. And as for the used/dmg 6lb, I'm at the Library, can not see pictures on this 1985 POS computer, will not be back into work untill Sunday night, but thanks.

And I am in no real hurry to get a pulley, just looking to get one so in Feb, I can put it on, and Dyno tune it at the same time. I figure if I start looking now, I can find one for a good deal. If not, I'll just have to buy a new one after tax season. And as far as the truck is right now, I have it running rich, with delayed timeing so I wont lean it out, it'll be fine until I get it tuned, but I was really hoping that SOMEONE on here has a Predator, and can look on it to see what the paramtiers for the fuel and timeing are so I can get a bit more out of the truck with out hurting anything.

Quick Reply: Short on cash, Need a Dyno Tune!