Lightning

Ported Eaton Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005 | 10:14 AM
|
Ported Eaton Question

Hey yall. I jsut had my eaton ported and installed it yeaterday. It ran fine with no problems. This morning i fired it off and i have a squeeling like a bad idler bearing. I think its the blower, but i cant tell. what are the chances that its the blower. How can i be sure. Also what kind of grease do i need to use for the bearings. What kind of supercharger oil.

Old 11-21-2005 | 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by moses Black 01'
Hey yall. I jsut had my eaton ported and installed it yeaterday. It ran fine with no problems. This morning i fired it off and i have a squeeling like a bad idler bearing. I think its the blower, but i cant tell. what are the chances that its the blower. How can i be sure. Also what kind of grease do i need to use for the bearings. What kind of supercharger oil.
Simplest thing to do is remove the belt and start it up. You can get S/C oil at any GM parts department. Cheaper than Ford's. Price-wise that is.

Old 11-21-2005 | 04:54 PM
Moses your here in Valdosta right so go to Tommy Grinners on Inner Perimeter they have it for cheap I got some there a couple years ago it had 2 inches of dust on it.
jeff

Old 11-21-2005 | 09:44 PM
Mine did the same thing after my Steig port/polish. I had it installed and after a few weeks noticed the same thing. I have called them several times but can't seem to get anyone to call me back.

I just want to make sure it is normal.

Old 11-22-2005 | 01:35 AM
I've had two cases ported by Steig and they both sound the same as what you are describing.

When cold they both make a wailing sound like a bad bearing. Once warmed up it goes away

Old 11-22-2005 | 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by madferraristi
I've had two cases ported by Steig and they both sound the same as what you are describing.

When cold they both make a wailing sound like a bad bearing. Once warmed up it goes away

Hmmm. My ported Eaton, FrankenEaton made noise like that in the mornings, turned out to be case-rotor contact. If the front or rear berings have play it will contact when overnight-cold (has to be spinning 600< RPM) or if the case has warped - same thing. You need to take some time and inspect your box. You can pull the front case/rotor pack eaisly enough...

Old 11-22-2005 | 08:50 AM
Had the same cold bearing sound after a DYI port job, repacked the rear bearings with Mobil 1 synthetic grease (the red stuff) and it has been gone ever since.

Quick Reply: Ported Eaton Question