Lightning

Tossing around the thought of Nitrous...

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005 | 12:25 AM
|
Tossing around the thought of Nitrous...

Well, im thinking about adding just a small shot of nitrous for next year, just to see what it will do for the truck. My current set up is:
6lb lower
Apten port
E-Fan
C&L Upper/Accufab Throttle body
Maf-x
Jlp Ram air
FTVB
JLP long bars/28"Hoosiers or Nitto Drags on the Street wheels
JDM Long tubes/high-flows/Silver Bullet

Anyhow, beings im making about 18psi, i figure I am already pushing my luck. I was thinking along the lines of a 25 or 35 shot. I think that would make for quite a lethal combo if I could keep the stock block together. I will also be adding a Stall converter shortly, so I am figuring 12.0's/11.9's all S/c. Am i off in thinking maybe 11.6's are possible w/ a little spray? Well just curious to what everyone thinks. I'm tossing around some setup ideas.

Old 11-22-2005 | 02:26 AM
go with a 35 for the money you spend on the kit at least get some use out of it. BUT be warned youll be starring those 50 shot jets down after the first WOT on the 35

Old 11-22-2005 | 10:50 AM
I'm in the same boat as you. I have the same mods as you minus the C&L which I already have on order. I also ordered a converter that will be going in on Friday. I put a wet kit on this past weekend. Haven't had a chance to get to the track with it yet. It's a 50 shot and I did a 1st gear run with and without the nitrous I couldn't even tell the difference.

Old 11-22-2005 | 12:02 PM
|
Sounds great, get back to me on your results. I was actually thinking of running it maybe in only first and second gear, because i know 3rd places so much stress on the engine. I dunno, just thought i'd see what everybody thought. Get back to me on it!

Quick Reply: Tossing around the thought of Nitrous...