Lightning

State Farm is the deal!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005 | 09:41 AM
|
State Farm is the deal!!

I went in yesterday to get insurance on a newly purchased engagment ring (round of applause), and left with a new auto insurance policy for both my Lightning and daily driver 1992 Ranger. I now have more than 2X the coverage and it costs me $200 less than I was paying before. I now pay $280 every 6 months for the Lightning. Yippee!!

Old 11-22-2005 | 09:50 AM
Nice! And congrats on the ring! I actually looked for the first time the other day. Its going to be a happy spring I think!

Old 11-22-2005 | 10:07 AM
It must depend on the area...I was paying 336.00 semi annually for my 01 L thru State Farm (with multi car & home owner discounts). Now, thru Travelers I pay 221. semi annually for better/more coverage. I left s/f after 28 years with the same agent. S/F is good...but kept getting higher over the years with less coverage!
Congrats on the engagement btw!! Come on in...the water's fine!! I've been married to the same one for 37 years!

Last edited by Eds 01 Lightnin; 11-22-2005 at 10:09 AM.
Old 11-22-2005 | 10:33 AM
holy crap, I pay $900 every 6 months with multi car and homeowner insurance discounts, 28 years old with a clean driving record.

Old 11-22-2005 | 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by SILVER2000SVT
holy crap, I pay $900 every 6 months with multi car and homeowner insurance discounts, 28 years old with a clean driving record.
Is that with State Farm? If so, you need to get some price comparisons as I did! I knew s/f was HIGH but didn't realize how much higher than other top name companies. If you have a clean record you have "bargining power" just like credit!
On my 98 Mustang GT (daily driver) I was paying s/f 396.00 (semi).
Now with Travelers it's only 242.00...again with better/more coverage. Yea, a 98 GT costs more than a 01 L to insure! Go figure!

Old 11-22-2005 | 11:47 AM
I've got State Farm and my L is much cheaper then, are you ready for this, my 03 Taurus. I will never understand that.

Old 11-22-2005 | 12:13 PM
wow, i pay 450 semi annually through S/F for my truck, i called around and the gecko wanted 450/month, and Liberty mutual was 1200 every 6 months. It must make a huge difference in where you live.

Old 11-22-2005 | 12:19 PM
State Farm is not bad at all because they treat a Lightning the same as a regular F-150 as far as premiums go. My cousin handles mine and my premium only went up $100. per YEAR going from an 89' GMC truck to my 02' Lightning.

Old 11-22-2005 | 12:27 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Whaler
State Farm is not bad at all because they treat a Lightning the same as a regular F-150 as far as premiums go. My cousin handles mine and my premium only went up $100. per YEAR going from an 89' GMC truck to my 02' Lightning.

I have state farm too Larry, SC insurance is so much cheaper than NJ good thing I have residence in charleston!

JimIII

Old 11-22-2005 | 01:13 PM
There are alot of big name insurance companies out there right now, that are huge in commericial and investing and what not(I believe Travelers is one of them) Anyway they are now tapping into the private passenger market and are buying up business so to speak.
What this means for Joe Consumer is if he shops he can find it dirt cheap from them as they need to be cheap as all get out to start so they can get that business quick.
So your savings can be astronomical off the bat. Once they have enough business their rates will most likely rise and once they start dealing with the claims side of it and pay out more loss than they recieve in premium.
I would just keep an eye on my premiums and enjoy your savings while you can.
It might help while shopping to find a company that is "captive" to your state you live in. They won't be as volitalie as the companies that insure in Florida or New Orleans or places where they pay out huge losses due to catastrophe's.
Happy Hunting!!

Old 11-22-2005 | 01:51 PM
State Farm Is The Best

I've had em all. But State Farm is the best, PERIOD. I've been with them for the last 3 years, and in that time they cut me a check to fix my old Mustang, no questions asked, and I could do the reapairs myself or go blow the money, they didn't care. They had an adjuster come out and he wrote me a check on the spot. Same story on my old Jeep that I almost rolled off-roading, they didn't put that on my record since it was an off-road accident and no one else was involved. They also took great care of my boss and I last year when I was caught up in the middle of a pile-up on a major highway. It never went on my record as it was an employment related accident, and they faught for us tooth and nail, AND PAID FOR EVERYTHING! His insurance never went up either. State Farm has also taken care of my folks over the years. They are the best for the price, and you do get what you pay for and MORE with them. You can also get as low as a 100 dollar deductible on comp and 250 for collision. It's not even that much more a month for the lower deductible. They are great!!!!!

Last edited by bwkelley76; 11-22-2005 at 01:53 PM.
Old 11-22-2005 | 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by bwkelley76
I've had em all. But State Farm is the best, PERIOD. I've been with them for the last 3 years, and in that time they cut me a check to fix my old Mustang, no questions asked, and I could do the reapairs myself or go blow the money, they didn't care. They had an adjuster come out and he wrote me a check on the spot. Same story on my old Jeep that I almost rolled off-roading, they didn't put that on my record since it was an off-road accident and no one else was involved. They also took great care of my boss and I last year when I was caught up in the middle of a pile-up on a major highway. It never went on my record as it was an employment related accident, and they faught for us tooth and nail, AND PAID FOR EVERYTHING! His insurance never went up either. State Farm has also taken care of my folks over the years. They are the best for the price, and you do get what you pay for and MORE with them. You can also get as low as a 100 dollar deductible on comp and 250 for collision. It's not even that much more a month for the lower deductible. They are great!!!!!
I certainly agree that s/f is good when it comes to a claim! Myself being an Insurance Inspector now and at one time an adjuster I know s/f is reliable. I presently do allot of work for s/f agents. Of course, other reputable companies that write business are subject to state regulations as well. If s/f would have only been up to a few hundred dollars a year more I would have likely stayed with them after 28 years. However, at 573.00 more a year (includes homeowners) I didn't think they were that much better than Travelers...IMO, of course.

Old 11-22-2005 | 04:26 PM
You get what you pay for

State Farm is the best all-around option- period. If you want to shop around for ONLY auto insurance, then yes, you may find better deals. The nice thing about SF is that they can take care of just about every possible insurance need the vast majority of us will ever have, and they reward for multiple policies. My life and auto policy cost combined is cheaper than when I had auto only.

From a claims standpoint, I have never had a bad interaction with them. Going through a claims process with a fender bender is one thing, but if you get seriously injured, some of these fly-by-night operations suck big time.

Old 11-22-2005 | 05:14 PM
Suspended
I just switched from State Farm to Nationwide... I never had any problems with State Farm and had been with them since 1990, but One of my best friends work for Nationwide and they were the exact same price as State Farm...

Old 11-22-2005 | 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by rtroha
I've got State Farm and my L is much cheaper then, are you ready for this, my 03 Taurus. I will never understand that.
I just bought an 04 Taurus SES 2 weeks ago and the insurance thru Travelers is 210.00 semi annually, only 11.00 less than the 01 L....and it's worth about half as much as the L in the event of a total loss...go figure! It's funny, but the advalorem tax is less on the 04 Taurus as well?

Last edited by Eds 01 Lightnin; 11-22-2005 at 06:15 PM.

Quick Reply: State Farm is the deal!!