Lightning

Alaskan Airline Crash (Off-Topic)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2000 | 10:30 PM
|
Banned
Post Alaskan Airline Crash (Off-Topic)

Many of our F150 members, specifically Lightning owners have been in recent accidents.

I am glad all of you are alive and well, but I felt this made me relize how difficult it would be to loose any of you.

I am showing my respect & sending my condolence to the families who have lost loved one's in the plane crash , as well as any members here who have lost someone along the way.

Old 02-01-2000 | 10:40 PM
I hear ya Metallic. Hard to think about life without you guys now. Much love and prayers. I'm a corporate agent now, but as a leisure LMX agent I booked those flights on a daily basis. Very sad.
CA

------------------
Christy Ann
99WhiteLightningSVTGirl
RookzRook@aol.com
WhiteLightninSVT@aol.com
Have you ever seen an Angel riding a Lightning bolt~

Old 02-02-2000 | 06:06 AM
Rest In Peace
From: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
Very Tragic. I've never been so hurt by a plane crash, probably becuse its so close to home for me, and worked at the anchorage airport last summer. Seems similar to the Egytair 990 crash, nose first into the ocean

Old 02-02-2000 | 09:07 AM
in keeping with the off topic, i gotta say the most disappointing crash i recall is JFK's, wasnt feeling good for a week after it

Old 02-02-2000 | 08:43 PM
Regarding the airline, I have flown Alaska Airlines many times and have always considered it to be one of the very best - my favorite, in fact. The always seem to be on time; everything seems to work as it should; the food's good; and the crews are great.

Also, last November, my wife and I were in Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia - an erriely beautiful little fishing village on the southern coast with one of the most beautiful lighthouses I've ever seen. About 8 km off the point, Swiss Air 111 went down a few weeks prior to our visit. As we ate lunch at the resturant next to the lighthouse, a search helicopter would take off every 20 minutes and fly out over the foggy, cold and grey Atlantic to look for recoverable items. We walked out to the rock cliffs at ocean's edge and could see the remains of flower arrangements thrown into the sea in memory of the passengers. Very sad.

May the family and friends of those aboard Alaska Flight 261 find the strength and solitude to endure this terrible tragedy. Our prayers are with them.

Mike

Old 02-03-2000 | 05:09 AM
just to add two cents to an off topic..

being born and raised in Anchorage, and Dutch Harbor, Alaska. It struck pretty close to home to hear of the plane going down. I flew them all the time and every where when I lived back home. Never had any problems, as close to on time as an airline can be, great service, good food, and just a pleasure to fly with. Watching the news I about fell of the couch when I heard the story about the plane going down. I have not heard from friends back home if anyone I knew was on it, but in some ways it really doesn't matter if I knew anyone or not, it is tragic non-the less. I will continue to use Alaskan Airlines as a hop from California to Seattle when I fly over to visit my sisters, this doesn't make me the elast nervous about their safety record or anything. Just a tragic accident that you wish never happened.

------------------
Ryan Vowell
Owner
Performance Injection

Quick Reply: Alaskan Airline Crash (Off-Topic)