Lightning

SnugLids

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2000 | 01:40 AM
adp
|
Cool SnugLids

A plug for the SnugLid.
For those of you contemplating which lid to buy: Drove from Flagstaff to Sedona last week, (30 miles) with a refrigerator in the back, lid full up at 45 degrees, tailgate closed. The lid did not budge at speeds to 75. (OK, I was taking it easy.)
Today, drove the same route with a large box in back that allowed the lid to just break over center and close on the box. The lid extended about 5 degrees above the tailgate rail. Speeds were somewhat higher than last week and, once again, the lid did not budge. I used no bungies or tie downs.
This is a well engineered piece of equipment.
I recommend it highly!

adp
Black

Old 01-30-2000 | 01:50 AM
Question

I too am thinking about getting the dealer to install a Snuglid, but was wondering if the top covered the plastic bed rail cover and what the inside mechanism looked like. I'm going to be entering the L in car shows and would prefer a neat appearance. Do you have any pix of the cover, inside and out? Thanks.

------------------
Gilbert Vega
2000 Black Lightning on order.

Old 01-30-2000 | 02:52 AM
adp
|
Cool

Gil,

Here is a URL to follow for pictures of my truck with a snug Lid. The lid covers the rails and should be ordered with an untrimmed edge and a grey under lid cover. If you get a BedRug the colors inside will match.
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/Hob...TruckPics.html

Here is one picture of the Snug Lid, there are two others on the site.

adp

[This message has been edited by adp (edited 01-31-2000).]

Old 01-30-2000 | 08:28 AM
Thumbs up

adp,

Nice homepage. Good to see yet another motorcycle rider in our ranks. Very nice looking Sporty. And, a high performance sedan too. Sure is amazing how much we all are alike when it comes to automotive tastes.

Mike
SHO & Harley FXLR

P.S. -- Wow, this is my 400th post!

------------------
Mike Philpott
Orlando, FL
'99.5 Black Lightning
SVT #2190 - Build Date 6/9/99
NLOC #361

6 CD Changer, Class 3 Hitch, A.R.E. LSII Lid, BedRug Liner, Invinca-Shield/3M Scotchcal protective film, Wyldman's Clear Lexan Fog Light Covers, 16% Window Tint, LoJack, Val-1, Sal's PSP Chip & Air Filter Kit

Old 01-30-2000 | 01:01 PM
adp
|
Wink

Mike,

Thanks!

I've noticed all along that most of us have a great deal in common. When I was a teen, we knew every make and year of car. (Of course, now I can't tell half of them apart.) The L reminds me of those days!

adp

Old 01-30-2000 | 04:46 PM
Cool

I have the Snuglid/Bedrug combination and agree.They both have quality construction,fit and finish.
adp... I really like your homepage,looking at your photos makes me kinda homesick.I spent 8-10 summer vacations in the canyon when I was young.
Jim W.

------------------
99.5 WHITE LIGHTNING
SNUGLID,W/BEDRUG
SUPERCHIP
PSP FILTER KIT
13.50@101MPH
PHX,AZ.

Old 01-30-2000 | 05:21 PM
ADP,
What price did you pay for the snug lid and how much did it cost to paint. BTW, It does look awesome on the Lightning.

Thanks,
Terry

Old 01-30-2000 | 06:00 PM
I had a snuglid on my truck when I bought it, the reciept in the glove box said it cost $450.00 installed. I thought the snuglid was the best looking cover made, but me personally like the trucks lookl without it. So I sold it to a buddy for $200.00. I know pretty stupid right, but I bid get get new plastic bed rail covers with the swap. Later!
99-White
superchip
airaid
borla muffler

Old 01-30-2000 | 09:53 PM
Smile

adp
Nice pix of all your vehicles! You've convinced me that the Snuglid is the way to go. From your pix, looks like the covered is bolted on, is that right? I was thinking of getting it without the paint and having that done by a custom paint shop in town, that way it will be absolutely smooth. By the way, looks very similar to the cover I had on my R/T (made by Stockland) http://users.jnlk.com/dakrt/bedrug.htm

------------------
Gilbert Vega
2000 Black Lightning on order.

Old 01-30-2000 | 11:20 PM
adp
|
Thumbs up

Guys & Gals,

The SnugLid cost me $735 installed. The headliner like covering on the underside cost $75 additional. (Snug Rug?) The lid is painted at the factory. They check your paint code when you order it. The fit, color, and finish on my lid is absolutely first rate! I believe that they make each one to order; it took about 4 weeks for mine to come in. I decided not to get the optional ($65) bolt on kit and have it installed directly. For me, it was the right choice. The front of the lid has two lips that install into slots secured by rings. The rear secures with two key locks, one on each edge. With our locking tailgate, it would be very difficult to break in. When you remove the safety rings at the front and pop off the gas props, it can be removed by two people and your bed is like before. The seal between the lid and the rails keeps out any rain that I've been exposed to. The lid does not raise at any speed (well, up to 130 Mph) even with the locks not secured.

The Bed Rug I installed myself. It cost $341.96 and took about 45 minutes to install. It too is a quality piece of equipment.

By the way, the BedRug is warranted for the life of your truck warranty and the SnugLid is warranted for life!

If you need any more info, e-mail me at adp@ispchannel.com and I'll fill you in.

Sedona is on the way to almost everywhere. If any of you plan to drive through, call me, I'm in the book. I'm sure we can find something to talk about!

adp

[This message has been edited by adp (edited 01-31-2000).]

Old 02-01-2000 | 07:20 AM
All;

Thanks for the rousing accolades for the SnugLid; I want one now...

OK then, the question begs to be asked; anyone know where to get one of these puppies in the Atlanta area?

-Jim

------------------
----
Jim Cain
JHCain@raising-cain.com
White 99 Lightning
Black 00 BMW M Coupe

Old 02-01-2000 | 08:45 AM
Question

Good morning all;

I have a question regarding the Snug-lid. Is there some sort of device to keep the elements out of the locks?

Thank you.

------------------
Mark P. Jacobs
jacobs@kvr.com

2000 Black Lightning on order

Old 02-01-2000 | 11:29 AM
Does $689.00 sound like a fair price ?? That
includes painted and installed.

------------------
99.5 F-150 SVT Lightning (Red)
SuperChip
Mobil 1
Clear Corners
Dual 40 Series Flowmasters
Window Tint
WetOkole Seat Covers
Build Date 8-20-99
Build Number 3889 of 4000

[This message has been edited by redrocket (edited 02-01-2000).]

Old 02-01-2000 | 11:51 AM
adp
|
Cool

Baby Jake: No!
What elements; (Just a dig for you non Arizonans.)

redrocket: Yes!

adp

Old 02-05-2000 | 02:18 PM
ADP,

Did you order your snuglid over the internet? I live in OKC, OK but have no dealers around here that I can find. Is there a place on the internet that can I can order from? Also I 'm having my Lightning painted (Ferrari Gailo Modena Yellow) can I have them ship it without paint so I can get the badboy painted myself? Thanks for the input.

Thanks,
Terry

[This message has been edited by asdeman (edited 02-05-2000).]

Quick Reply: SnugLids