Lightning

bad spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2000 | 07:02 PM
|
Thumbs down bad spark plugs

i posted the other day that my dealer found out my truck had 3 bad plugs and that was my problem with my bucking at low rpm maintained speed. they got the plugs installed today and that was not the problem it still bucked. ford wanted them to try a precision cam sensor (whatever that is). anyways they should get it put on tomorrow ill let yall know if that is it.

oh yea does any of you think this could be a burnt piston? i thought of that today. what would the symptoms be if i did have a burnt piston. i know this could result from too much spark advance and i am just wondering.

------------------
Rusty McLain 99 Red Lightning w/ cd changer and towing package,superchip,and PSP Filter and a red 94' lightning.
99' 1/8 mile 8.76 @ 81.6mph

Old 01-31-2000 | 07:15 PM
Really Old "Member"
Rusty:

Several of us replied to your topic and suggested that if you run your chip in the normal mode and it did not buck, surge or whatever, then that was most likely the problem.

Are you still experiencing the problem with the chip in the normal mode? As I said earlier, I had the problem with both Sal's and Superchips' chip with winter gas and switching either chip to the non-performance mode eliminated the problem completely, as well as the detonation and other drive-ability problems.

Just curious.

Bill

Old 01-31-2000 | 07:22 PM
|
bill,
it was worse in chip mode but it still did it in chip mode. i even took the chip completely out when i took it to the dealer and i think it is doing it worse than ever when the tech rode with me. the only thing on the truck that isnt stock is the psp filter.

------------------
Rusty McLain 99 Red Lightning w/ cd changer and towing package,superchip,and PSP Filter and a red 94' lightning.

Old 01-31-2000 | 10:52 PM
Rusty,
Mine did the same thing,they
also replaced the plugs but
that wasent the problem,it
was a bad mass air flo sensor
that was the problem.

Old 01-31-2000 | 11:02 PM
|
**** thanks but that was the first thing they did to mine and that wasnt the problem with mine. 1)replaced mass air sensor 2) spark plugs 3) next tomorrow is a precision cam sensor whatever that is. they said it'll take about 3 hours to do. so ill try that tomorrow. thanks anyway ****

------------------

Old 02-05-2000 | 09:56 PM
Have them ck the o2 sensor reading if they are lean start looking at a fuel delivery problem ie. injector or control circuit of same , if rich then look at mechanical or plugs.

Quick Reply: bad spark plugs