Lightning

Attn Gregg Evans.. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005 | 11:03 PM
|
Attn Gregg Evans.. HELP!

I have an issue with my Monster Box. It's 7 months old with 7,000 miles on it.

Here is the issue. During coasting situations ( fully off the gas ) in both 2nd and 3rd gears the rpms will drop to idle like it slips in neutral. It allways happens in 2nd gear no matter what but if I shut off the OD it acts normal in 3rd gear! Turn the OD back on and it drops rpms as soon as you let off the gas.
I know it's under warrenty still but I'd to know what's going on with my transmission. Is this something I can swap out myself? I have the skills to replace any and all things inside the pan.
Any and all help would be great.

Thanks,
Jason.

EDIT: After a quick search I found someone with a similar issue. Is this normal and just more noticable with a big stall? If it is..why does 2nd gear not get affected by turning off the OD like 3rd gear does..PLEASE explain!

Last edited by ByByBird; 12-02-2005 at 11:18 PM.
Old 12-03-2005 | 12:23 AM
I have a monster box also I have the 2600 stall my truck will do the same thing like if I have a clutch but when you romp on it it hits hard and luanches hard.
I think it's the stall doing it. I have had my monster box for almost 3 years no with no worries.

Peace,

Suavy

Old 12-03-2005 | 02:57 AM
When you shut off the OD it engages the coast clutch in third but not second, that's that one. As for the RPMs dropping, unless the coast clutch is engaged, it's overunning and that's normal with or without a converter, but more noticeable with a higher stall.

G

Old 12-03-2005 | 07:28 AM
|
OK! I feel better now

Thanks for taking the time to help me.

Quick Reply: Attn Gregg Evans.. HELP!