Lightning

Electronic antennas?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005 | 03:34 PM
|
Question Electronic antennas?

Have any of you used the electronic style antennas in your trucks? Just wondering how they work apposed to the stock style. I drive 152 miles round trip to work and reception is crappie in the country areas. Kinda want a power electronic style.

God Bless,

Suavy

Old 12-03-2005 | 03:48 PM
I just had mine shaved and now my reception sucks which I kinda knew what would happen. I need to run it up into the windshield somehow.

Old 12-03-2005 | 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Suavy
Have any of you used the electronic style antennas in your trucks? Just wondering how they work apposed to the stock style. I drive 152 miles round trip to work and reception is crappie in the country areas. Kinda want a power electronic style.

God Bless,

Suavy
Hey Suavy,
I am kinda in the same situation as you. I think I am just gonna forget the normal radio and get satellite radio instead. Its only like 12 buks a month.

Old 12-03-2005 | 07:50 PM
when i shave mine im going to try and put it in the wiper cowl. Just superglue it down and see what happens

Old 12-03-2005 | 09:08 PM
|
I kinda don't want the satelite radio cuz it's not like the local radio stations.

I remember the old school used to have the atena boosters. I had one that I bought from a swap meet new in the package but lost it! The used to plug in before the antena and have a power wire with them and a toggel switch.

Peace,

Suavy

Old 12-04-2005 | 07:44 AM
I kinda don't want the satelite radio cuz it's not like the local radio stations.

I remember the old school used to have the atena boosters. I had one that I bought from a swap meet new in the package but lost it! The used to plug in before the antena and have a power wire with them and a toggel switch.

Peace,

Suavy

Maybe this will help: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-mA4mw7t...er&i=12044UA60

Old 12-04-2005 | 10:11 AM
Suavy
The stock antenna is about the best your going to do, that antenna amplifier that Nuhklz might help.

I have Sirius in my truck and it is the best thing I have ever done. Great music, tons of sports, news and entertainment channels. I hid the sirius antenna under the wiper cowl, so no one can tell I have it in my truck.

Check out there channel guide
http://www.sirius.com/pdf/channelguide.pdf

Old 12-04-2005 | 10:18 AM

God Bless,

Suavy
U drive 152 miles to go to work everyday? I really hope u dont use the L everyday because i cant see how anyone can afford to drive these things that much everyday. Not to mention ur spending two hours a day driving on top of work. Anyways, sorry i was just wowed by ur long drive! ... Sorry had to say something

Old 12-04-2005 | 10:28 AM
I got a powdered antenna inplace of the stock one. You will need to cut the support brace to the fender to install the straight antenna for clearance. They make a remote powered antenna (metra) that would require almost no cutting.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/li...er&i=12044UA60

Old 12-04-2005 | 04:25 PM
|
Originally Posted by Dman25
U drive 152 miles to go to work everyday? I really hope u dont use the L everyday because i cant see how anyone can afford to drive these things that much everyday. Not to mention ur spending two hours a day driving on top of work. Anyways, sorry i was just wowed by ur long drive! ... Sorry had to say something
I guess I said it wrong. It's 76 miles each way but 152 total I did drive the lightning everyday for a year or two it has about 130K on it

thnaks for your concern & God Bless,

Suavy

Old 12-04-2005 | 06:24 PM
Just a matter of getting the right wavelenth,electronics are good if you can adapt them to fit fender inside. the bilinier amp. will help reception alot which can be installed right at radio-plug. Crutchfields are good products. check with a good radio outlet them can hook you up Suavy ! circutcity,tweeters real good. goodluck!

Old 12-04-2005 | 06:36 PM
|
Originally Posted by SMOKINTRUCK#1
Just a matter of getting the right wavelenth,electronics are good if you can adapt them to fit fender inside. the bilinier amp. will help reception alot which can be installed right at radio-plug. Crutchfields are good products. check with a good radio outlet them can hook you up Suavy ! circutcity,tweeters real good. goodluck!

Thank's I'm gonna check it out after Christmas.

Peace,

Suavy

Quick Reply: Electronic antennas?