Lightning

Spacer Mod

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005 | 10:41 PM
|
Spacer Mod

Did a search on the mod. so what you all think of it is it worth the cash.Im refering to the spacer that goes under the sc...
Thanks Bob

Old 12-04-2005 | 10:49 PM
I dunno if you read the latest issue of Ford Truck Performance, but they have some info of a spacer from Reichard Racing that, supposedly, is similar to ones used by the Cobra guys who claim 30+rwhp gains. Also someone on this board or maybe NLOC did testing on one and claimed some big gains.
I heard its $$$, too!
-OJ

Old 12-04-2005 | 11:39 PM
Now if you added a Nitrous port or ports to it, you could sell hundreds of them!
If it fit between the S/C and the LOWER manifold that is.

Old 12-05-2005 | 08:00 AM
No gains to be had. Dyno tested on my truck.

Don't waste your cash.

Old 12-05-2005 | 11:17 AM
when i had my blower off to get ported i figured im ight as well throw it on it wouldnt hurt. my opinion it was a well spent 80$ i bought it from JDM. i wouldnt say i noticed an increase in power but after back to back to back runs at the track i noticed my upper intake was cool to the touch unlike before.

Old 12-05-2005 | 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by BLUE N BLOWN
when i had my blower off to get ported i figured im ight as well throw it on it wouldnt hurt. my opinion it was a well spent 80$ i bought it from JDM. i wouldnt say i noticed an increase in power but after back to back to back runs at the track i noticed my upper intake was cool to the touch unlike before.
I think he was talking about the spacer between the S/C and lower intake.

The upper intake spacer does keep the upper plenum cooler, but at what expense? ...and dyno runs w/ that revealed same thing - no gains at same operating temps..... but who knows if it actually does good between runs. We have a local guy who locked up his blower, and I believe he was running one. May have just been a coincidence, but some of us local guys have since ditched the spacer.

Old 12-05-2005 | 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by BLUE N BLOWN
...i noticed my upper intake was cool to the touch unlike before.
Just curious, is this really a good thing? The way it's set up from the factory the upper plenum acts as a heat sink and helps to pull heat away from the blower. By isolating it, doesn't it just force the blower to hold in more heat?

Old 12-05-2005 | 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by SILVER2000SVT
Just curious, is this really a good thing? The way it's set up from the factory the upper plenum acts as a heat sink and helps to pull heat away from the blower. By isolating it, doesn't it just force the blower to hold in more heat?
I think there is more benefit by straightening airflow than by temp reduction. It is always good to eliminate inlet restrictions with a Roots blower.
Good question on the heat sink theory.
Jim

Last edited by Ct.TOPGUN; 04-16-2006 at 09:44 PM.
Old 12-05-2005 | 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by SILVER2000SVT
It wasn't on my truck. The supercharger got so hot, it locked-up. Stiegemeires looked at it, and the front of the supercharger's intake had gotten so hot that it sank .020 and made serious contact with the rotors.

Old 12-05-2005 | 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by MaxPower
No gains to be had. Dyno tested on my truck.

Don't waste your cash.
You talking about the the spacer between the SC an Lower Intake or the phenolic spacer that goes between the plenum and SC? Any pics or dyno graphs??

Old 12-05-2005 | 03:36 PM
I picked up 20 hp with the RR spacer that goes under the blower. JLP also bought one to test and I heard he was trying to get an exclusive deal with Reichard to sell them once he tested it. It is $160 on the Reichard site right now.
http://www.reichardracing.com/modular_engine_parts.php

Old 12-05-2005 | 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by 2bscrewed
I picked up 20 hp with the RR spacer that goes under the blower. JLP also bought one to test and I heard he was trying to get an exclusive deal with Reichard to sell them once he tested it. It is $160 on the Reichard site right now.
http://www.reichardracing.com/modular_engine_parts.php
Sal put one on my built motor. No dyno #'s yet, still braking it in.

Old 04-16-2006 | 06:53 PM
Any new opinions/updates on the the RR spacer??

Old 04-16-2006 | 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by Rat Trap
Any new opinions/updates on the the RR spacer??
Don't know if it made any HP, but Sal said my IAT's were dropping during the dyno runs.

Old 04-16-2006 | 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Ct.TOPGUN
I thik there is more benefit by straightening airflow than by temp reduction. . . . Jim
Then someone should try a copper or aluminum spacer there (to keep the heat flowing while straightening the airflow).

Quick Reply: Spacer Mod