Lightning

Cobra-R rims on an L?? Adaptors??

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005 | 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by scv8
It amazes me that there isn't a single good looking aftermarket wheel for the L. Not one!! They all look like they belong in a rap video. Unless of course Jim Fikse made you some. Skelton's are 20's and that broken wheel is an 18".
Quoted for truth. Sorry guys, but this is my biggest pet peeve of the Lightning community. Some of you guys want to be 50 Cent blingin' with 49 cents worth of polished pot metal.

Old 12-09-2005 | 09:20 AM
It amazes me that there isn't a single good looking aftermarket wheel for the L. Not one!! They all look like they belong in a rap video. Unless of course Jim Fikse made you some. Skelton's are 20's and that broken wheel is an 18".
Actually there are several wheel manufacturer's that make high quality light weight strong wheels that fit the L. The problem is most are not willing to buck up and pay the high cost. So they op for the cheap heavy cast bling wheels.

Old 12-09-2005 | 10:36 AM
|
Originally Posted by Silver-Bolt
Actually there are several wheel manufacturer's that make high quality light weight strong wheels that fit the L. The problem is most are not willing to buck up and pay the high cost. So they op for the cheap heavy cast bling wheels.
Plenty? I've been looking for almost a year now, when I bought my first lightning, now I'm on my second. If I had a Mustang I'd have TONS of wheels to choose from. Example... 20" Cobra R replicas for a 5 lug Mustang are 200 bucks a piece. Cheap 20's, bling bling, and or cast pot metal wheels; 250 a piece. Owning a cnc machine and making your own wheels? PRICELESS...LOL ...I used to own a cnc, no longer... But either way, there isn't a great selection for under 400 a wheel for the Lightning, PERIOD. I wont pay 300, plain and simple, but I'm a cheap bastard.

Old 12-09-2005 | 12:15 PM
It amazes me that there isn't a single good looking aftermarket wheel for the L. Not one!! They all look like they belong in a rap video.

Thanks a lot!

It's a good thing your opinion doesn't mean diddly squat; or, some folks might be offended.

Last edited by Odin's Wrath; 12-09-2005 at 12:19 PM.
Old 12-09-2005 | 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by bwkelley76
Plenty? I've been looking for almost a year now, when I bought my first lightning, now I'm on my second. If I had a Mustang I'd have TONS of wheels to choose from. Example... 20" Cobra R replicas for a 5 lug Mustang are 200 bucks a piece. Cheap 20's, bling bling, and or cast pot metal wheels; 250 a piece. Owning a cnc machine and making your own wheels? PRICELESS...LOL ...I used to own a cnc, no longer... But either way, there isn't a great selection for under 400 a wheel for the Lightning, PERIOD. I wont pay 300, plain and simple, but I'm a cheap bastard.
There in the problem lies. Good quality forged wheels will run you $750/ea and up.

Old 12-09-2005 | 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by Silver-Bolt
There in the problem lies. Good quality forged wheels will run you $750/ea and up.

Exactly! Compromise or dig deep.

Old 12-09-2005 | 12:49 PM
I didn’t mean to offend you. I’m happy you like your wheels and it’s my problem that none of the (affordable) aftermarket wheels are my taste. It’s a good thing for me the stock wheels are pretty dang cool.

It's too bad that Moda doesn't make those F5's in our application any more. Those aren't too shabby.

Old 12-09-2005 | 12:57 PM
I didn’t mean to offend you.

Offend? More like bewilder.

Old 12-09-2005 | 01:00 PM
Old 12-09-2005 | 02:57 PM
|
Discontinued Wheels

I didn’t mean to offend you. I’m happy you like your wheels and it’s my problem that none of the (affordable) aftermarket wheels are my taste. It’s a good thing for me the stock wheels are pretty dang cool.

It's too bad that Moda doesn't make those F5's in our application any more. Those aren't too shabby.
THats another thing that burns my hide. Most of the wheels that were affordable and nice are discontinued. I find that all the time. Like the 20" Chrome 99-2002 replicas. You guys like those?? I do. I'm working on getting them back in production, been talking to a few manufacturers about it. BK

Old 12-09-2005 | 03:51 PM
BK- Yeah, those are cool. Maybe you can talk them into doing an '03-'04 as well.

Old 12-09-2005 | 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by bwkelley76

You get what you pay for.. if you wanna pay 250, dont expect quality... If you want to be that cheap... dont bi*tch

Old 12-10-2005 | 02:35 AM
|
Originally Posted by E-luzion
You get what you pay for.. if you wanna pay 250, dont expect quality... If you want to be that cheap... dont bi*tch
LOL, I don't do cheap, just inexpensive, it's a level of intelligence. People who go CHEAP tend to be misinformed, and the ones that spend too much are either lazy or buy into a gimmick or name, or maybe they are smart because they get what they pay for and they did their homework and thats the only thing that will work with their application. Tomato Tomaato. I'm somewhere in the middle of that. I won't spend 500 bucks a wheel just for a NAME when I can get a great wheel that is better for my application for less money. It's easy to assume that someone is a cheapskate, but not if they know what they are doing, and it fits their application. I wouldn't tell someone that wants to run high 12's in their lightning to go and spend a ton of money on a forged Long Block when they only have 12k miles on their stock block. Now if they wanted to run 10's? NO DOUBT they need to spend the money on the longblock. Most guys that want to run 20's arent gonna race on them, so why go and spend 500 a wheel?? Heck no, they are my second set, why would I go do that? The stock wheels are for racing. Like I said tomato tomaato. To each their own, and we need to respect eachother for it.

Old 12-10-2005 | 02:38 AM
|
BK- Yeah, those are cool. Maybe you can talk them into doing an '03-'04 as well.
THAT WOULD ALSO BE COOL!! I'm workin on it. I have some inside guys in the wheel business. If I find some better options for us L-Guys I will share the wealth with you all. I hope to achieve this, and I think I will. BK

Old 12-10-2005 | 02:50 AM
I ended up selling my bling *** wheels after a couple years, so far after painting my stockers I have been really happy with them.

Quick Reply: Cobra-R rims on an L?? Adaptors??