Lightning

NJ sent me a Ticket "w/pic" in the Mail ? WTF ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005 | 11:57 AM
For those of you making comments about the change machine deal, the NY/NJ area hasn't used those "throw in" change machines in probably 10-15 years (I miss them though).

If you don't have EZ pass, you have to stop at a cash booth and pay an attendant. Rob stopped and payed an actual person.

Just for future referance Rob (and anyone else), always ask for a receipt, they will be happy to give you one.

Old 12-09-2005 | 12:45 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Rob_02Lightning
I mailed them a .70 cent check this morning and wrote right on the ticket
I DO NOT have EZ Pass
I DID NOT use the EZ Pass Lane
I PAID CASH FOR THAT TOLL

I also explained what I think happen,
My Friend Vinnie was in front of me towing a vehicle and he must have only paid the toll for one vehicle, then speed off so fast that by the time I pulled up, WAM you took my pic. Enclosed is pic's of the Person you want

I also enclosed Vinnie's License Plate Number, Address, and Tele #

LOL thats wrong Rob! At least we'll have something fun to talk about at the party tommorow, when the NJ staties pull up and ask for V....Dont worry we wont Rat on you Vin.

JimIII

Old 12-09-2005 | 01:07 PM
quit your friggin crying will ya
just pay the fine or stay on your side of the river

you coming to the party saturday?
Hope so, so the Parkway can f you again

**edit**
btw Rob.........RAS=Raritan South
Remember going over the big bridge? You went into the high speed lanes.
Remember seeing the large structure overhead? That was the equipment that captures the signal from the people that have ezpass transponders and the cameras that catch those cheap bastards that figure they are getting away with something.......

Case closed

Last edited by Fast Gator; 12-09-2005 at 02:36 PM.
Old 12-09-2005 | 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by LightningTuner
For those of you making comments about the change machine deal, the NY/NJ area hasn't used those "throw in" change machines in probably 10-15 years (I miss them though).

If you don't have EZ pass, you have to stop at a cash booth and pay an attendant. Rob stopped and payed an actual person.

Just for future referance Rob (and anyone else), always ask for a receipt, they will be happy to give you one.
Sal, the Parkway still has them all over, they're the "exact change" lane.

Rob -- it will take a picture if you run the exact-change lane too, not just EZPass lanes...if you didn't wait for it to register, threw the wrong amount or it was busted, you'll get one.

--Dan

PS
If you want to hear something really funny, the whole EZPass project in NJ was massively underbudget for the first few years, they had anticipated many more people running the tolls and them collecting the "$25 admin fee" for it...but people didn't, and they had a budget shortfall, lol.

PPS
In NJ, we don't have "toll gates" on almost all of the tolls either...You can cruise through most EZpass's at about 35-40mph without issue.

Old 12-09-2005 | 01:44 PM
Rob

Just remember when your in the County Jail and you need to use the bathroom - that is when the Fat Man sings.....

Hey Superstar - PASS THE SOAP

Old 12-09-2005 | 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by VINNIE
Welcome to N.J.

NOW GET THE FU(K OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL....

Old 12-09-2005 | 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by netoje
+1 on that one.
My friend did that back home in CO. He eventually had to pay the fine but it was worth a laugh!!

They might send you back a picture of handcuffs!

Old 12-09-2005 | 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by thepawn
PPS
In NJ, we don't have "toll gates" on almost all of the tolls either...You can cruise through most EZpass's at about 35-40mph without issue.
Just to let you know. They do send you tickets flying through the ezpass. They will u a warning and after 2 u loose ur ezpass for a year. Just FYI, happened one my parents friends.

Old 12-09-2005 | 06:20 PM
If you don't pay the fine you will be fined $250.00.

Old 12-09-2005 | 06:46 PM
|
Originally Posted by JimIII@jdm
LOL thats wrong Rob! At least we'll have something fun to talk about at the party tommorow, when the NJ staties pull up and ask for V....Dont worry we wont Rat on you Vin.

JimIII

WE WONT ???

See you tommorrow Jim

Old 12-10-2005 | 12:11 AM
I don't miss the NJ tolls... I used to always try to set off the alarms by throwing in the change and blasting out of the tolls before the change was read... All this Easy-Pass stuff is voo-doo magic.

...and Rob - delete Vinnie's address and ph# already from that post!!

Old 12-10-2005 | 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by 150Lariat2000
Just to let you know. They do send you tickets flying through the ezpass. They will u a warning and after 2 u loose ur ezpass for a year. Just FYI, happened one my parents friends.
Yes, they will. Keep it under 40 and you'll never get a warning. I play on the GSP all the time, because for the most part the road is in GORGEOUS condition and from mid 130s-mid 140s (? I think) it is all barriers on both sides, 3-5 lanes wide.

Late at night, when no one is on the road that stretch is a beautiful drive. Slight twists and turns, little up and down...the way a good road should be.

I would complain about toll roads, but if it keeps the road paved and smooth, f'it, I'll pay for it.

--Dan

Old 12-10-2005 | 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by got hp
That is a damn good idea. I wonder if it will work with the new redlight cameras they are putting up here?
Why not simply stop for the red light like a normal human being>??? -Mat-

Old 12-10-2005 | 12:31 AM
NJ sucks... I don't even have ezpass from jersey, mine is from PA....none of those stupid yearly fees NJ charges.

Old 12-10-2005 | 02:29 AM
Originally Posted by got hp
That is a damn good idea. I wonder if it will work with the new redlight cameras they are putting up here?

same thing im talking about leave er down and theyll be getting a pic of a a truck that theres way to many of to do anything with

Quick Reply: NJ sent me a Ticket "w/pic" in the Mail ? WTF ???