Lightning

Bad vendor service

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005 | 10:31 PM
|
John your story is contorted for your benefit. One thing that can be solidly proven is that I did NOT pay 1600 for the heads.. try 1700 plus shipping. I did not call your cell phone...that is a lie. I called the shop once because I could not get ahold of you to find out info the heads. I was impatient as anyone would be when their L is apart and at the shop.I also did not know about the leaking plug UNTIL the heads were put on and by no means did I ever expect anyone other than myself to pay for the install. If that head would not have leaked oil from the get go we would never be having this discussion. I will admit asking if you wanted just to compensate me for my additional money because of a defective head with product. You seemed like you didn't have the funds so I thought this would be easier on you. A few hundred dollars is all it would have taken and NOT the full amount that I had to incur for fixing a defective head. Bottom line is once again you will not stand behind a product that you sold. Even thinking of using RTV is ludicrous. I'm just trying to communicate to other potential customers what you are capable of.. Do you have stock in Permatex? To me Rtv is not an option for fixing that gouged sealing surface.. I hope at least one person has seen how you are wrong with the way I was treated... Jeff

Old 12-09-2005 | 10:45 PM
|
As anyone can see you have edited your original post. Please keep the facts truthful...

Old 12-09-2005 | 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by JeffsLightning
As anyone can see you have edited your original post. Please keep the facts truthful...
Jeff

Give him a break - He posted 5 or 6 paragraphs. If I had typed that much it would have taken me 8 or 10 edits to get all the spelling errors and format problems fixed.

I have never purchased anything from Johnny and I dont make any money from this forum so I really dont have to care either way.

But I have met Johnny and in reading both sides I have to side with JL ( and believe him ). If it were me I would have refunded your money when you called me to change your mind the second time. By then I would have already wasted too much valuable time on the small transaction and would have tried to cut my losses.

Doug
PS- There are no facts on the internet - even pictures are doctored.

Old 12-09-2005 | 11:22 PM
|
Doug,you or I did not need to edit our posts.. Sometimes words get changed around and all we want here is the truth...I wish he would have refunded my money BEFORE I got the heads too...

Old 12-09-2005 | 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by JeffsLightning
Doug,you or I did not need to edit our posts.. Sometimes words get changed around and all we want here is the truth...I wish he would have refunded my money BEFORE I got the heads too...
Why didnt you just send the heads back when Johnny offered you the full refund?? i would have done that if it were me.. just my opinion.. i also met Johnny at the NMRA events at ATCO Raceway back in August, and Johnny is one of the nicest guys i have met.. what other vendor will give there personal Cell phone number for the customer to call if there were any issues.. i dont know of any and i know my tuner didnt give me his, and i really dont plan on asking for it, ill continue to do business with all Vendors, im with PSP, but have purchased parts from JDM, and yes even JLP.. and if there is anything that i can add to this is that,even though it is only him and his wife JLP's customer service is nothing but top notch.. and if there is ever anything that i need that i cannot get from my vendor for whatever the reason, and JLP has it, i will purchase from JLP again ..

support your story Jeff show us some pics of your problems.. maybe then everyone here can understand better of the problems you are going through...

Old 12-09-2005 | 11:56 PM
What is there to better understand>???
I have purchased from JL as well and have recieved great service but that will not stop me from speaking my mind.
I would NEVER slap RTV on any part of my motor to fix a problem. That is HACK! Plain and simple. Fix things the RIGHT way! -Mat-

Old 12-10-2005 | 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by Hostile03SVT
Why didnt you just send the heads back when Johnny offered you the full refund?? i would have done that if it were me.. just my opinion.. i also met Johnny at the NMRA events at ATCO Raceway back in August, and Johnny is one of the nicest guys i have met.. what other vendor will give there personal Cell phone number for the customer to call if there were any issues.. i dont know of any and i know my tuner didnt give me his, and i really dont plan on asking for it, ill continue to do business with all Vendors, im with PSP, but have purchased parts from JDM, and yes even JLP.. and if there is anything that i can add to this is that,even though it is only him and his wife JLP's customer service is nothing but top notch.. and if there is ever anything that i need that i cannot get from my vendor for whatever the reason, and JLP has it, i will purchase from JLP again ..

support your story Jeff show us some pics of your problems.. maybe then everyone here can understand better of the problems you are going through...
So you've paid the freight on the heads and paid a shop to install them. You'll throw all that away, pay them to remove them, and pay to ship them back for a refund? Then pay for some other heads, pay freight again, and again pay to have them installed? Why????!!!!! Much cheaper, easier, and faster to just repair the problem on the head. Remember, the leak only shows up AFTER you install the heads and start the engine, not before. It was not visible from the outside but easily seen once the leaking plug was removed. Would I do it with silicone? Only if I was stuck on the side of the road and had to get home, get pretty creative in those situations. I would want it fixed correctly and permanently.

Jody

Old 12-10-2005 | 01:49 AM
Originally Posted by tlfwatch
MAN. I LOVE JDM NO PROBLEMS WITH THEM/ TOM

LIGHTNING FAST
2003 LIGHTNING POWERED BY JDM

Oh Puuuulease ...

Old 12-10-2005 | 02:48 AM
Would silicone actually hold up to the oil pressure coming through that galley? I understand that it was a small leak but the plug is where an oil tentioner would be mounted if the head was reversed. There is a good amount of oil pressure coming through there, correct?

P.S. I'm not taking sides here, just merely trying to get a better understanding of how silicone is supposed to hold back pressurized oil.

Old 12-10-2005 | 03:43 AM
wow

Old 12-10-2005 | 06:59 AM
Originally Posted by camcojb
So you've paid the freight on the heads and paid a shop to install them. You'll throw all that away, pay them to remove them, and pay to ship them back for a refund? Then pay for some other heads, pay freight again, and again pay to have them installed? Why????!!!!! Much cheaper, easier, and faster to just repair the problem on the head. Remember, the leak only shows up AFTER you install the heads and start the engine, not before. It was not visible from the outside but easily seen once the leaking plug was removed. Would I do it with silicone? Only if I was stuck on the side of the road and had to get home, get pretty creative in those situations. I would want it fixed correctly and permanently.

Jody
LOL, I agree 100% with Jody. This is getting absolutely ridiculous. The guy had a leak that was only evident when the heads were installed and the motor is started. Yet he was supposed to somehow accept the refund offer before even knowing the leak exists?

Any refund offers prior to that point due to the missing oil plug are irrelevant. They are totally unrelated and seperate issues!

The heads should have been assembled properly the first time around (Not the threaded oil-galley plug, but the press-in plug) and this would have been a non-issue! How can a "vendor" not be held responsible for the parts they deliver?1?!

-Dale

Old 12-10-2005 | 07:23 AM
Johnny
Glad you replied to the post And for those that don't know Johnny Sue and the Crew "THEY ARE" the nicest people you will EVER meet in your life. I've done A LOT of business with them through the years and their product price and service has ALWAYS been amazing. Had me "well over 500/600" on a stock block for over 2 years with a AF of 10.2

But thats not what this is about, this is about Jeff and his situation Although I still personally dont feel Silicone is the answer, Johnny if the offer was put foward to try the Silicone and "if it didnt work" THEN you'd stand behind it, (Johnny is that what your saying ?) then thats a differant story.
The answer I'd like to hear if it happen to me is, Rob give it a try and if there's any leaks afterward you bring me your truck and I'll fix it and grrnty the fix

I always try and look at BOTH SIDES after hearing both stories.
The problem here is Johnny sure doesnt want to eat a Head, and mabe even labor allowance, (something I do have A LOT of experience with) that can be simply resealed with a new 2 cent push in plug (if my memory serves me correctly me and my Dad always used permatex on push in plugs, maybe it just wasnt sealed right when it originally went it ???)

And of course Jeff feels silicone is not the answer, which a lot of us seem to agree with me included. But what some are still confused about is, when Johnny offered to take them back that was over the missing first plug, which wasnt really missing, our Heads are universal and can go on either side, so they do have openings that will need to be plugged BEFORE installation.
But that is not the problem at hand

NO ONE could have known the push in oil plug was going to be an issuse until after the installation and start up. Jeff had them installed, it leaks, hence the problem at hand. I really dont know what I would have done unless I was in the same situation, but this does become a horse of a differant name. Bringing it back to my industry (which is also about Product Price and Service) when a componant of the product fails we obviously dont give them a new product, we give them a new componant to replace the defective one, it's simply how corp america works. (another words we dont throw a $1500.00 boiler away because a $20.00 wet well is leaking, we replace the wet well)

So what we have here Jeff and Johnny is truly a unique and very difficult situation. I surly see Jeff's side, why should I have to pay labor to fix something that shouldn't be leaking, and I also see Johnny's side, hey I bend over backwards for you Jeff and offered to take them back, and now this. After hearing both sides I truly dont think there's a simple answer here, I guess all you can do is try and put yourself in the others shoes and work this out somehow ??? ........

Old 12-10-2005 | 07:31 AM
Originally Posted by SVT F15O
I would NEVER slap RTV on any part of my motor to fix a problem. That is HACK! Plain and simple. Fix things the RIGHT way! -Mat-
you'd be suprised how much rtv the oem's can and have used in building there cars. we used to apply rtv to cup plugs in transmissions all the time to compensate tool marks or gouges.

it may not be the proper way but it is an industry standard.

Old 12-10-2005 | 08:56 AM
|
The rear of that passengerside head was the culprit...

Old 12-10-2005 | 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by dealerjim
Would silicone actually hold up to the oil pressure coming through that galley? I understand that it was a small leak but the plug is where an oil tentioner would be mounted if the head was reversed. There is a good amount of oil pressure coming through there, correct?

P.S. I'm not taking sides here, just merely trying to get a better understanding of how silicone is supposed to hold back pressurized oil.
Agreed

Quick Reply: Bad vendor service