Lightning

ok brake pads again - yes I searched

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005 | 11:52 PM
|
ok brake pads again - yes I searched

ok sorry I read alot of posts but need help still, ceramic brake pads = low dust but maybe warped rotors, any comments on these?
motorcraft pads? brake dust covers?
main importance = oem ish performance but lower dust than oem
(no track only street)
I appreciate the input guys... just looking for the best pad for me...

Old 12-11-2005 | 01:07 AM
I installed ceramic lining from Advance auto parts and new Motorcraft rotors on my 2001 supercrew and have been very satisfyed Zero brake dust no vibration no noise very good high speed stopping good pedal feel and after one year about 10,000 mile they are like new. Also put them on my son's 2001 sportrack installed on original rotors. He does a lot of highway driving and has app. 25,000 mile and no dust and excellant wear. Has a little vibration but the rotors have never been touched in 70,000 mile I can't blame the lining for that.

Old 12-11-2005 | 12:16 PM
I have used NAPA and Pep Boys cermics. I like the Pep Boys as they didn't dust and made no noise. Also, I was pulling my boat with them and they worked flawlessly.

Old 12-11-2005 | 12:34 PM
I installed the rotorpros drilled/slotted rotors with factory Ford pads front and rear (not the motorcraft as they supposedly are a diffferent compound) and so far no cracks and it stops excellent even from 100mph. Granted I don't do it repeatedly but I have no compaints on the stopping power and the dust is almost non existant. I have to wait 2 weeks for dust to become noticable on my chrome wheels.

Old 12-12-2005 | 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by Groundstrike
ceramic brake pads = low dust but maybe warped rotors, any comments on these?
motorcraft pads?
Ceramic pads will cause the rotors to warp due to the different rates of heat dissipation of the two materials. All it takes is some aggressive braking then sitting at a long traffic light with the brakes applied.

After a miserable experience with Napa ceramix pads, I installed new rotors and Motorcraft BR50/BR3 pads. Braking is as good as OEM with less dusting than OEM pads. Make sure you bed the new brakes in properly for best results.

Old 12-12-2005 | 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by kschaper
I have used NAPA and Pep Boys cermics. I like the Pep Boys as they didn't dust and made no noise. Also, I was pulling my boat with them and they worked flawlessly.

the pepboys brand "prostops" are MUCH MUCH MUCH better then the quiat stops they also sale. the prostops are made by satisfied i think

Quick Reply: ok brake pads again - yes I searched