Lightning

My Opinion on Mad Ent. Coilapck bolts

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005 | 04:47 PM
|
My Opinion on Mad Ent. Coilapck bolts

I ordered a set of Mad Ent. coilpack bolts on Monday and I have to say the service was great and I received them in just a few days.
I noticed that they were a little easier than putting the original bolts back in on all accept the 3rd plug back on the drivers side.
This is the one that is made to bend in order to get it in.
Well some of you may have no trouble at all getting it to go in but I sure had a devil of a time. I worked for a good half hour with no luck at all and then I finally realized, "Hey aren't these supposed to save time over the original bolts" so I pulled my scratched left hand up out of there and took the normal 3 minutes to install the original bolt back in place.
Would I buy them again, probably not, maybe at $20.
They may be much easier for some but the originals may take me 10 to 15 more minutes to change the plugs total.

Just my thoughts
Chris

Old 12-11-2005 | 05:36 PM
I dont use the Flex one, I just use the normal bolt for under the Fuel Reg,
(I'm not even sure if it's possible to get that one in to tell you the truth ???)
BUT those babys are amazing, I can have 7 of my coils out in prob less than 2 minutes NO PROB.
They're worth their weight in gold as far as I'm concerned.

AND you can reach in and take #8 coil out in prob 10 seconds

Old 12-11-2005 | 06:04 PM
I have them, but have not yet done a plug change after their install. Mine loosen while driving, so check them often.
Jim

Old 12-11-2005 | 08:31 PM
I guess I got lucky---that flexible one went in no problem. Less time than it took to take it out. I was probabley pumped up on that one. I had to use both hands, but was able to bend it at the right angle to start it, and that was it. I love the set and recommend them to anyone.

Old 12-12-2005 | 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by DRB SVT
I guess I got lucky---that flexible one went in no problem. Less time than it took to take it out. I was probabley pumped up on that one. I had to use both hands, but was able to bend it at the right angle to start it, and that was it. I love the set and recommend them to anyone.

There must be a trick to getting that one in ... I couldn't get it started
easily and didn't want to risk stripping it. So I have the 10 sec / Electrical
Tape stocker in there.

The rest of them are the shizzle ... Thanks MIKE for a great product!!!

Old 12-12-2005 | 10:00 AM
What can I say...

The flex screw works for me and I have actually have sold a number of sets of all flex screws to guys with aftermarket fuel rails. This is the first time I have heard of an issue getting it in under the regulator.

The trick to it is to enter the tip then push down at an angle to get the stud portion vertical. Practice makes perfect.

Old 12-12-2005 | 11:02 AM
|
Who knows, maybe if I went out and tried it again, it might go right in. I tried everything and couldn't get it started. I might be easier if it was a couple inches longer.
I just know that the original bolt is really easy on that one so I stuck it back in.

Topgun, you say they loosen up, is that after tightening real tight with your fingers? If thats the case I will put the bolts back in and sell my set.

Old 12-12-2005 | 12:23 PM
Gotta say it,-- when all else fails, read the instructions. It says finger tight plus a 1/4 turn with a wrench.

Old 12-12-2005 | 12:27 PM
|
Thanks Mad.
Sorry for not paying attention to that on the instructions.
I will give them a quick turn with the wrench

Old 12-12-2005 | 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by madferraristi
Gotta say it,-- when all else fails, read the
instructions. It says finger tight plus a 1/4 turn with a wrench.
I must have strong fingers then, cause mine stay tight and I just "finger-tightened" 'em.

Oh, yeah ... I might have better finger strength than some ... < grin >

Old 12-12-2005 | 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by madferraristi
Gotta say it,-- when all else fails, read the instructions. It says finger tight plus a 1/4 turn with a wrench.
I,ll tell you I am not sure if they were originally tightened with a wrench the extra 1/4 turn. The first time they were installed at the dyno shop and I found them loosening. I secured them properly. After bowing the motor and getting a new long block they were again installed at my tuner's shop. again I found them loosening so I again secured them. Time will tell, although it is no big deal to check occasionally. I know they will stay tight untill spring!
Jim

Old 12-12-2005 | 04:30 PM
I got my first set back in the day. I had a small issue and they sent me the model they currently sell. The screws rock and the customer service is 110%.

Quick Reply: My Opinion on Mad Ent. Coilapck bolts