Lightning

Some Pic's of my new motor

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005 | 02:55 PM
|
Jim's making ALL THE DECISIONS, schitt I dont even think he's listened or heard a word I say or said (THANK GOD)
One things for sure you can bet your a$$ the Cams and Springs are going to handle all we can throw at it and more.....

AMOF my entire way of thinking has changed this time around
Dont be surprised if we see me running around with 9-11 degrees of timing and much less boost than before. BUT fear not, Jim has taken all his experience and racing results and put it into his newest engines, amof only "3" people have my internal set up and one is running 120+ MPH 1/4's on a 9 degree program with very low boost. Jim has a new combo where we can run less boost, less timing, (hence less heat and less chance of detonation)
YET make a schitt load more power, usually about 30-40 HP over his normal and older Built Motors, AND I GOT THAT COMBO NOW

I aint claming anything, amof I aint saying schitt, I just know the calmness I have this time around is because I already know what to expect
AND THAT IS TO WHOOP GATORS BUTT BACK TO 2002

Old 12-12-2005 | 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by Rob_02Lightning
Jim has taken all his experience and racing results and put it into his newest engines, amof only "3" people have my internal set up and one is running 120+ MPH 1/4's on a 9 degree program with very low boost. Jim has a new combo where we can run less boost, less timing, (hence less heat and less chance of detonation)
YET make a schitt load more power, usually about 30-40 HP over his normal and older Built Motors, AND I GOT THAT COMBO NOW
:

the way u talk my mid spring 04 motor is a dinasour lol it gets it done for me heck i havent even been to a track with my built motor but every street race in alabama knows my truck now aka the lead sled

Old 12-12-2005 | 03:45 PM
|
Dinosor NO (please I hope it didnt come out that way : o (
You know ALL of his motors are awesome
But he has perfected a new combo "recently" and I'm lucky enough to be #4 to get it A little diff approach on the porting, a little something something diff inside, a tweak here and there, thats all.....

Now Vinnie's motor, that's a Dinosor

Old 12-12-2005 | 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Rob_02Lightning
AMOF my entire way of thinking has changed this time around
Dont be surprised if we see me running around with 9-11 degrees of timing and much less boost than before. :
Less Boost with More spray = faster times

Old 12-12-2005 | 04:25 PM
Rob, Congrats on the new set-up

Old 12-12-2005 | 04:30 PM
Congrats Rob !

Old 12-12-2005 | 05:13 PM
Great to see the progress being made for you, and the 2 valve Mod motor in general. Even though I have the older style setup, I am extremely pleased with my results so far. You will not be dissappointed once you get yours back.
It will be cool to see how the different approaches work at the track. I am sure we will be sharing great results come spring.
Jim

Old 12-12-2005 | 05:56 PM
glad to see a on you again Rob ,sick of seeing you with your tail drooping like a lost puppy btw what does AMOF stand for DORK here

Old 12-12-2005 | 06:08 PM
Hey Rob did you see the bald geezer in your photo's at the JDM bash.
I think he was after your new long block, yes the one with the dodgey tash... LOL

BTW you did not happen to trip over a large crate with engine and transmission inside while you where there as acording to rumour it's on it's way to sunny London.

Well it would be sunny but some a***ole set fire to a fuel dump up the road and it's got pretty dark here.

Old 12-12-2005 | 06:44 PM
|
Thanks Again All, AND I AM STOKED

I guess it's like everything else that happens bad in your life, you go through a period where your mad at the world, you lash out and then go crawl under a rock. Eventually you get up dust yourself off AND BORROW MORE MONEY

Ricki, (Yes Richie was def drouling, hehehehe) as for that package?
If it's the one I believe Jim was telling me about, (and I believe it is)
IT ALREADY LEFT, and I hear it's niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

Jim
I hear you, and I hope to get out A LOT more this season, I really cant wait. As you know there are a schitt load of us with fresh new motors and it just keeps getting better every day.....

Old 12-12-2005 | 07:07 PM
not at all a modular guy but If Im following this story correctly over the past few months with rob02 . This will be his 2nd motor and the last one didnt even make it down the track once. I hope the new one works for that guy and if it was me my bros and I would be taking that blown one and throwing it through the other guys shop window. pay for something, expect something. Not just to waste your money. hey rob02 maybe you should go old school 351 clevland. now thats the ****.

Old 12-12-2005 | 07:23 PM
sweet rob!

But what are you doing with the old block you just paid a large sum of money for? Was it wrecked? The bottom end still good?
Did they find anything when they took it apart?
or just not going there?

Old 12-12-2005 | 07:33 PM
|
Yes it is Badass, I had a built 351C in a 70 Torino GT, one of my all time favorites
Thanks for the great wishes Bro, and fear not, Sal is a man of his word, he always said he stands behind his work, and me and him are currently talking.

IM,
YES your right, and that fits right into my plans, especially since now my off spray numbers will be the same or BETTER than my 100HP on spray numbers were. I really kicked myself in the nuts the 1st time around not doing the right thing on the upper motor *&^@$%&@^$%@*&$
maybe this was a gift horse cause now I got newer technoligy inside and out, up and down. Look at the numbers Sal just put out the other day on Andy's PSP built Mag Motor. 550/650 and better, man that is light years away from my old numbers, the cams springs and porting is huge it seems. Other wise me and Andy had identical set ups. AMOF those will be good numbers to compare to when mine hits the Dyno, especially since I'll prob be runing 4lbs less boost now

Dork,
AMOF= A matter of fact : o )

Thanks again Dave, Jim, Johnny, Goose, Late Mod, "Everyone"

Old 12-12-2005 | 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by LatemodelRacer2
the way u talk my mid spring 04 motor is a dinasour lol
If yours is a Dinasour I wonder what my 2003 built motor is, the primordial soup???

Old 12-12-2005 | 07:56 PM
Brother Rob,

That is fricking awesome that you are on the road to the top with this engine and a very big compliment to JDM who only 2 years ago I would have questioned their reputation (based on customer service issues) (hey I call it the way it is so just take it as a compliment that you grew your business!).

Rob I know you well enough to know that you give reputable vendors their chance and then we all have to be men at some point!

Wondering if I should send my predator tune up to the boys at JDM?

Congrats on a great foundation to build from!

Just to let you know I will be on your back, built JLP and KB on the horizon. More importantly a shared cold one after the track is the real intention.

D-Day

Quick Reply: Some Pic's of my new motor