Lightning

Some Pic's of my new motor

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005 | 08:16 PM
|
Originally Posted by Don's Bolt
If yours is a Dinasour I wonder what my 2003 built motor is, the primordial soup???
2003, did they have TV back then Don ???
You must of liked what you saw on the 2006 edition, schitt we caught you humping the dam thing, baw ha ha ha ...

1/2 life, my PSP bottom end is FINE, (only has 1200 miles on it amof). One cylinder has some very slight (we'll call them rub marks) from what was prob some spark plug debris that got in. AMOF someone could bolt a set of heads on it and drop it in their truck tommorrow just the way it is.

The failure turned out to be I broke a valve, took a nice piece off. Thats why we heard the psst psst psst when we re-started it at the track after changing plugs, it was blowing the cylinder pressure straight into the Header (drivers Side). The heads were also beat up a little, once again proving to me how important it is to get it out of the motor. WHERE THE PIECE OF VALVE WENT IS BEYOND ME, CAUSE THE PISTONS ARE ALL PERFECT ???
The stock springs prob played a part in the failure. Thats why this time around I decided to upgrade EVERYTHING, block and heads included.
As for my original motor, it will be sold eventually, I'm trying to work out the shipping details now to get it back here to Long Island.

Dan the man, you always were one for the quick Mods, last time around if I remember correct you had the dam KB before the truck
Ya better days ahead, I may even be able to play with the big boys now
And I would love to take you up on that beer.....

Old 12-12-2005 | 08:23 PM
Talking

[QUOTE=Rob_02Lightning]2003, did they have TV back then Don ???
You must of liked what you saw on the 2006 edition, schitt we caught you humping the dam thing, baw ha ha ha ...
QUOTE]

Well once your truck and a few other projects are done, I am sending my truck down there for a little freshening up. While I might have been humping your motor, I am going to pretty much keep my same setup.

I am going to go with the new style pistons, which should give me a few more HP, and will finally jump up to 60# injectors. Becides that not much else will change.

Hell if it ain't broke why mess with a good setup.

Hey even if you someday have more HP than me, I will still kick your butt

Old 12-12-2005 | 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Rob_02Lightning
As for my original motor, it will be sold eventually, I'm trying to work out the shipping details now to get it back here to Long Island.
Can't you just put it in the bed of your truck and drive it back when you pick up the truck?

Old 12-12-2005 | 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by l-menace
Can't you just put it in the bed of your truck and drive it back when you pick up the truck?

yeah what he said

Old 12-12-2005 | 10:04 PM
OMG!!! Those exhaust ports gave me flash backs of my brothers 351C with the Boss heads! I swear those things could pass a poodle!

I'm glad your happy Rob....I wish you the best of luck in 06!

Old 12-12-2005 | 11:20 PM
rob if that PSP shortblock is in fine shape we may have to talk
ill know more when i get my motor out and to the machine shop
all depends on what route will be cheaper, rebuild mine or buy yours

hope you have great luck with the new combo, and i hope i will be able to see it run

Old 12-13-2005 | 06:35 AM
|
Originally Posted by whip
OMG!!! Those exhaust ports gave me flash backs of my brothers 351C with the Boss heads! I swear those things could pass a poodle!

I'm glad your happy Rob....I wish you the best of luck in 06!
Ah you noticed, that is one of the newer changes in the JDM Motor program

As for the Motor
Ya I guess I could just throw it in the back
But I have nightmares of me taking one of those bridge ramps and the dam thing rolling over and through my quarter panel

Plus remember I was racing when this happen, I have A LOT of stuff to already bring back. In the end I'll prob have to do that anyway, (unless me Pal Rich wants to deliver it next time he heads to Sals Shop)

Mike,
Let me know when the time comes, I must re-coop some of my money,
either I'll sell it as is for an awesome price, "or" rebuild it back to a brand new built short block and re-coop more.....

Old 12-13-2005 | 07:17 PM
For those with good eyes you may notice EVERYTHING is new, "and I mean everything", (brand new to be exact). AMOF thee only thing used from the original motor was the oil pan. (sad but true, maybe another time.....)
WHAT? Your at a loss for words
Tell the community what's up, for Christ sakes, you tell everything else

hey schit I have to make some major life changes to do this, (another mortgage, I'm selling the mitsi-whateverthehellitis, giving up a few other things, bla bla bla)
See ya cheap hump, if you had done it right the first time, you would be money ahead. You might be able to go out and purchase yourself a new toy.......like some people
Hell you might even catch the V-man they way your blowing thru the cash/cc on your Lightning.
Ever thing of selling a liver/lung/arm/leg/eyeball? Nevermind the lung, thats probably ready for a transplant itself.

The Motor will be topped off with the Magnum Powers SC, a C&L Upper, SBTB, 60 lb Injectors, 255 Pumps, LT Headers, HF Cats, Bassani, Torque Convertor, Electric Fan, the Race Tested Nitrous, bla bla bla....
I think the reason I'm so patience is, I KNOW IT'S GONNA BE KICK ***,
WOO HOO!!
Cant wait Jim "The Gator Eater" is almost ready.....
THANKS AGAIN : o )
LMAO....... The Gator Eater...... LMAO
Tell ya what, why not wait till your truck is done before running your yap without knowing all the facts. Oh wait, thats never stopped you before.
Hell, I got sumthing that you can eat right now! Let me whip you up a batch
But you know Rob, your at quite a disadvantage with your nitrous system.
Been there, done that with that system on a built motor. You haven't, or rather, you blew up your motor, trying to run a number with that system on your truck.
Not that Iam saying your going to have motor troubles........

ABSOLUTELY NOT

Afterall, your using MY TUNER and MY ENGINE BUILDER

Will you have a kick *** motor?

MOST CERTAINLY

You your truck run better, faster, quicker than mine?

Only in your smoked filled mind

Btw.......
Thanks for the new sig material

I aint claming anything, amof I aint saying schitt,
See above & below

<snip> THAT IS TO WHOOP GATORS BUTT BACK TO 2002
Hmmmmmm
wasn't that when I was running the 11.90's on my stock longblock and you where throwing gobs of nitrous at your stock longblock to run 12.0's

Old 12-13-2005 | 07:43 PM
|
I love when you get fired and sit home consuming mass qty's of alcohol for weeks and months on end. AMOF since you already re-morgaged the Farm, and now your not working, how do you plan on paying for that NEW TOY, especially with the "rent a dates" like you brought to the party
(BTW, she is a hottie, WOO HOO!!)

I HAVE MADE NO CLAIMS, as I have been saying, "I aint saying schitt", why? because yes I do know I'll have the best and I do know it'll reach "my goals"

BUT the facts STILL REMAINS as they have for MANY YEARS NOW
I have ALWAYS had the better ET, and TO DATE, "you" have never ran your truck to a better ET than "I" have

And you know whats better than that,
I ALREADY KNOW YOU WILL DUMP MORE MONEY IN YOURS JUST SO I DONT CONTINUE TO BE FASTER,
AS I ALWAYS HAVE BEEN

Quote all you want, Saying I'm going to be Whooping your *** aint no yapping, (Mr NX)
IT'S A PROMISE..........

Old 12-13-2005 | 08:27 PM
Rob,
Glad to hear your back on track with your beast again. Bet u cant wait buddy. You can bet its sure gona be one hella of ride!!!!!!!! Look forward to seeing u at the track come spring!!
Jason

Quick Reply: Some Pic's of my new motor