Lightning

Lightning Interior Color? Sound System Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2000 | 01:04 PM
|
Post Lightning Interior Color? Sound System Questions...

As I sit here waiting not so patiently for my '00 L, and Christy Ann won't even consider marrying me :-), I have already started upgrade planning:

Are there only two speakers in the L?

What color is the interior vinyl? I ask this because there is a company that makes replacement kick panels that hold a 5 1/4 and a tweeter. Are all L's the same on the inside of the cab? I think light grey is the color, can anybody verify this?

Has anybody put these in? The Q-Logic part number is QL-K2010 and I have seem prices around $179-$199, without speakers...

------------------
Silver 2000, build date 14Feb00!

Old 02-19-2000 | 02:13 PM
Bobb,
There are actually 4 speakers in the L,5x7's in the door panels and I believe 5x7's(I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will o\point it out) in the back of the cab. You are correct that the interior vinyl is light gray.If you decide to put sub's in the back check out MTX Thunderforms(thanx to those who recomended then to me!) perfect fit,great sound and the color is damn close to identical to that of the interior.
Good luck on the mods,and congrat's on the L,and forget about Christy Ann!lol,lol Sorry CA
Brett the "Hitman"
99.5 Lightning(stock...for now)

Old 02-19-2000 | 04:04 PM
Hitman:

You are correct. There are a total of 4 5x7's(average quality).

Thunderform still one of the best mods yet, in my opinion.

Bobb:
Don't forget the amp.... Fits perfectly under pass. seat. Relocate the CD changer (don't know if you'll have one) under the pass seat/left side. Perfect location to get to while driving.

Good luck!

------------------
Rich
1999.5 SVT Lightning - Red. Super Chip. K&N Filter. Viper Alarm w/remote start, clear corners, tow package, cd changer, cover, Phantom boost gauge, MTX Thunderform w/ 2 10" MTX 200w subs. 5-channel 300w Clarion amp., Polk Audio 3-way, 130w DX 7's, Muth signal mirrors, Soundproofed cab, etc. Build #2755
TampaSVT@Tampabay.rr.com

http://home.tampabay.rr.com/tampasvt/images/Light21.jpg
1999.5 Expedition XLT

Old 02-19-2000 | 07:14 PM
The seat belt webbing in our trucks is called medium graphite, and I am pretty sure that is the name of the interior color.

------------------
'99 Red #2394, NLOC #342
Superchip, Black Rhino,
Window Tint,Clear fog lens covers
PSP air filter kit, Bassani (TBI)

Quick Reply: Lightning Interior Color? Sound System Questions...