Lightning

Help with miss

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005 | 01:01 PM
|
Help with miss

Last night got on the truck in first gear wot. After about 2 sec some ping from the engine, let off the gas asap. Pulled the truck in the driveway and a big miss at idle. Did it eat a plug? It def didnt blow 1 cause I did that at 17k.
I have TR6's. Any ideas will help due to a 3 hour plug job in 30 deg weather isnt fun. thanks....

Old 12-18-2005 | 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by true2002
Last night got on the truck in first gear wot. After about 2 sec some ping from the engine, let off the gas asap. Pulled the truck in the driveway and a big miss at idle. Did it eat a plug? It def didnt blow 1 cause I did that at 17k.
I have TR6's. Any ideas will help due to a 3 hour plug job in 30 deg weather isnt fun. thanks....
Def sounds like you toasted a plug or two. Easiest way to see which plug it is would be to unplug the coilpack connecters one at a time while the truck is running.when you unlpug a good plug and coil you will see a change in the way its running. When you get to a bad one it will remain the same(no change in idle). Pull the one ore ones that dont make a change and you will find your plug. Sounds to me like you have way to of an agressive tune or in need of one. That ping is detonation and is your worst enemy. It WILL DESTROY YOUR MOTOR. Get it tuned ASAP. Peace
Jason

Old 12-18-2005 | 03:48 PM
|
yep #2 plug pass side... need to get a new one thanks. also changed my tune back.

Old 12-18-2005 | 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by true2002
yep #2 plug pass side... need to get a new one thanks. also changed my tune back.
No problem,anytime.

Quick Reply: Help with miss