Lightning

noise from stieg stage 3

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 02:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
noise from stieg stage 3

i had stieg. do a stage 3 port on my eaton. when i got it back and installed it the blower started making a noise like a bad bearing. it only makes it when the L has sit overnight and it has been very cold outside. i called them and they told me to send it back to them to let them check it out. they called me and told me the blower had been dropped during shipping and they had to rebuild the nose code. well the did this and sent it back to me. i installed it today and as soon as i started it up it started making the same bad bearing sound. i checked the boost act. and all the idlers and they are okay. anyone have similar problems? taking the blower on and off it getting really old and expensive.

Old 12-20-2005, 04:29 AM
Have the same port job on mine. Called Steig and they told me the same thing as you. Had a few tuners here check mine out and they said it was fine and not to worry. Mine only makes that sound at idle.....

Old 12-20-2005, 08:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Come on down and listen to my cold morning squeal, Brian ... They
all seem to not like the cold ... Ported or stock ...

Cliff

PS... at least all the practice will do you well ... When we do mine!! < grin >

Old 12-22-2005, 01:48 AM
my concern is the last time it was shipped back to them they found that the rotors were hitting the case. this can not be good over time. if it is doing it when i get it back again i will sale it and get a mp!! tired of taking it on and off

Quick Reply: noise from stieg stage 3