Lightning

Lightning vs SRT10 on On Demand

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sure this has been discussed many times before, but its like comparing
Apples and Oranges. Whether its $50K, $150K or $35K (for that matter), I think of it more as an Exotic. Its not as common as an L. It also has more of a "Hot Rod" appeal, 505ci 8.3 ltr 500HP V10, 6 speed, HUGE brakes(15"f/14"r), 22" wheels w/ 305/40/R22 tires. Now its even available as a Quad Cab. Either way the SRT10 is FAST.

Thats my 2 cents.

M V

Old 12-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by jeff2001silver
mine went 13.60 @107 it's really hard to launch. One other note on the road course data, the SRT does well because of the weight distribution, its 52%-48% due to the relatively light all aluminum motor.
Your MPH is good for a high 12 if you can get the launch worked out. With a 2# pulley and chip as my only mods at the time, my Lightning went 12.9 @ 106.

Old 12-20-2005, 04:43 PM
Well TALON just visited TempleAcademy Dragway and I have seen a Yellow and Silver one out there, granted not every pass was a 13.1-13.3 but their best pass was in that range. Also at SanAntonio Raceway I've seen a Hennessey SRT/10 Ram in the 10.8's as well as 2 other's (owners claiming stock, looked like it to me from pics I've seen under the hood in the mags) in the 13.1-13.3's

Last edited by TXSVTLIGHTNING; 12-20-2005 at 04:46 PM.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SVT_KY
SRT10's runs ring's around Lightning's stock to stock on anything but the
drag strip. Sorry, it's true ... and the interiors are VERY sweet.
You are wasting your breath, Cliff.

First, as the countless references to "the track" (a drag strip) around here show, almost no one around here appreciates a track longer than 1320 feet or a few seconds.

Second, most people here are too caught up in their own insecurity to admit that another truck can equal their precious Lightnings in any respect, much less better it. Any data that shows the Lightning to be inferior has been fabricated as part of the vast anti-Ford conspiracy to perpetuate the lie that an SRT is faster.

This SRT thread is no more enlightening that any of the others that went before it. Yawn.

Old 12-20-2005, 06:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tim Skelton
You are wasting your breath, Cliff.

First, as the countless references to "the track" (a drag strip) around here show, almost no one around here appreciates a track longer than 1320 feet or a few seconds.

Second, most people here are too caught up in their own insecurity to admit that another truck can equal their precious Lightnings in any respect, much less better it. Any data that shows the Lightning to be inferior has been fabricated as part of the vast anti-Ford conspiracy to perpetuate the lie that an SRT is faster.

This SRT thread is no more enlightening that any of the others that went before it. Yawn.

Tim
You left out the third
If said vendor isn't their favorite at the moment, then anything and everything said about said vendor, is bullchit

And for the record:
I like everything about that Dodge truck
The motor
The transmission
The motor
The brakes
The motor
The interior (Especially)
did I mention the motor?
Except that friggin front end.

Its funny, but my Comcast On Demand doesn't offer the program :o

Old 12-20-2005, 07:03 PM
nice

Well, why don't you bless us with some back to back Lightning vs SRT10 open course time comparisons. Since in that segment, all they seemed to say is how the SRT was faster. What was the time differnce?

How many of you have driven an SRT 10???

I have........

How many people have raced or have track numbers on a road course with an SRT 10? I have not. But I don't think it handled anywhere near my Lightning, that has stock suspension.

They talk about how they couldn't get the SRT around corners and how much smoother the Lightning was through the track. But then they say the SRT was faster.

We are still talking about

A)two pretty experienced drivers driving these trucks.
B)a 120 hp difference between the two trucks.

The SRT should be faster. Who cares really. Anyone who has raced an SRT from a light knows what happens.

No one wants their pride hurt and wants their team to loose. The fact of the matter is that the SRT is more expensive, and has more power, and 2 more cylinders. What do you expect? We've all read the SRT threads before like Tim said. Nothing has changed.

I just think watching that segment that it was obviously Dodge bias. They made it look like the SRT had so much power you just couldn't drive it, but it was faster than the L.

I have yet to see anyone at the track drive an SRT10 to less than a 13.8 quarter time. Not that it hasn't happened.

Old 12-20-2005, 07:10 PM
FYI Craig Salmon of Florida is selling his srt-10 truck twin turbo Hennessey modified 1200hp truck for $55,000.00.
He has over 3 times that amount into it.

Old 12-20-2005, 07:22 PM
Ran 13.14 in my bone stock 04 L. Here srt, here srt

Old 12-20-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by l-menace
FYI Craig Salmon of Florida is selling his srt-10 truck twin turbo Hennessey modified 1200hp truck for $55,000.00.
He has over 3 times that amount into it.

Hey YO NAWROCKI DUDE

you say 1200 hp
im gonna get my fat *** down to fla to get me some of that

You still go the GAY village, mark ???????
you still cruisin for rent boys in that hunk of a lightning you got boy?
See you at MSU. Tkae car. Love Chad.

Old 12-20-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by tallimeca
How many people have raced or have track numbers on a road course with an SRT 10?
I tried to get Jeff to come to the NE-SVT autocross events with his SRT last year! Jeff, I think you're going to have to bring that beast over to Devins next spring and run with us! We need some comparisons

Old 12-20-2005, 08:54 PM
Wish we had brakes like the SRT's, that's about the only thing I dis-like about the Lightning- lack of brakes.

Old 12-20-2005, 10:23 PM
Suspended
There isn't an SRT running 13.2 stock, they are modified and not telling you... Sorry...

Old 12-20-2005, 10:50 PM
Well, being a Ford guy I am rather biased. All I have to say is that the lightning is running the same size engine that my slow turd 97 F-150 has, albeit a little more modded. The SRT-10 has a Viper engine! Cmon, apples to apples here. The SRT-10 is running 120 more hp than the L!?!?!?! I am DAMN PROUD that Ford is being put up against a high power vehicle like that and coming so close, if not beating it...!!!! All Ford guys should be proud!

Old 12-20-2005, 11:41 PM
Shows how much they know at Hot Rod Mad/TV...Did anyone notice in the L concept video they called it Fords answer for the Dodge SVT-10????? How do you not notice something like that?

This is how serious I took that comparison

Notice they didn't even mention what the L ran in the 1/4? It was prob so close they felt they should leave that out.

Old 12-21-2005, 12:04 AM
everyone knows the winner of these comparisons is always the one who stuffs the most cash in testers pockets....

Quick Reply: Lightning vs SRT10 on On Demand