Lightning

MINE'S HERE, TOO!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2000 | 06:18 PM
|
Thumbs up MINE'S HERE, TOO!!

Just like Baby Jake, my dealer has picked mine up, and I'm flying out in the morning!! By this time tomorrow, I'll be the proud owner of a 2000L, and I'll be smilin' all the way back to TX!!

George

Old 02-24-2000 | 06:36 PM
Thumbs up

George,

Congrats! I still have no word on mine. I called my dealer today but my salesman is not in. Give us all the details on the price, cd indash or not, etc.

Old 02-24-2000 | 06:45 PM
shoot me an email when ya get back, Im in San Antonio...

Nathan
fordtruck@mediai.com

Old 02-24-2000 | 07:04 PM
|
Peter B,
My dealer just told me it has an in-dash cassette. He did mention, though, that the new SportTrac has an in-dash 6-disc CD changer. Ooooo...

My price, so far, is quoted at $28,528, and I'm going to pay taxes (6.25%) here in TX when I register it. I now have to get my SnugLid/SnuGrip and BedRug.

=====
Nathan,
I go to SA almost every other weekend for one reason or another so I'll be sure to send you an email when I get back.

George

Old 02-25-2000 | 12:18 AM
George,

Sounds like you got a heck of a deal on the truck. Last years MSRP was on the order of $29,995 and I thought this year it is right at $31375 plus tow group and CD changer. In Arizona, the best I could do was full MSRP. I am very excited for you on your new L.

Old 02-25-2000 | 12:39 AM
Talking

WooooHooooo!!!

Sounds GREAT WiteSVTLite! Congrats!!!

------------------
Mark P. Jacobs
jacobs@kvr.com

2000 Black Lightning waiting for pick-up & drive away!!!

Old 02-25-2000 | 12:49 AM
|
Smile

Peter B,
Thanks for the congrats. I had a "fun" time searching for a deal. It took ~2 months and some luck. I was luckier w/ my boss' 2000 GMC Yukon XL; I was able to get it for him at invoice. All in all, it was worth the effort, especially now!

-----
Baby Jake,
Thanks and congrats to you, too! I posted a message on your thread, too.

Old 02-28-2000 | 01:05 AM
|
Thumbs up

I just got home w/ my '00L tonight, and let me just say that after driving it for over 900 miles, it was worth the wait. I don't have pictures, yet, but as soon as I do, I'll figure out a way to get them posted. BTW, congrats Baby Jake for posting the 1st pic.

After an hour at the dealership, I drove it out w/ 20 miles on it. I didn't get the soft tonneau, but I'm ordering the SnugLid/SnuGrip tomorrow. The dealer was nice enough to hand me the license bracket and point to where I should drill the holes for it.

I averaged about 16.5 mpg for the entire trip, but who's counting, right? This included a few WOT runs by me and a friend of mine in Pasadena. I knew I probably shouldn't have, but I couldn't resist, neither could my friend. I love that supercharger!

Would someone tell me what product removes bug splatter the best? Driving thru AL, MS, LA, and east TX was hell on the front fascia. Wyldman, where'd you get the Invinca-shield installed?

On another topic, does anyone know if the date on the Certificate of Origin (a.k.a. MSO) signifies the build date? Mine says 1/24/00, but I thought they weren't built until 1/31/00. The weight is listed as 4444 lbs.

More later...

George

Old 02-28-2000 | 02:10 AM
Question

When did you order and from where near Pasadena?

DUCK

------------------
Build the Hell outta Bonfire 2000!

Old 02-28-2000 | 09:31 AM
Thumbs up

WiteSVTLite,

Congrats on picking up your new L!! I'm so jealous.

In answer to your questions on the bug splatter. I have over the years tried numerous products and the best I found is made by Honda Motorcycle Co. It's called Pro Honda Cleaner. It is an aerosal can, the can is black, red and white in color. I was turned on to it when I purchased a CBR600 street bike. I used it on my entire bike and it looked showroom perfect the day I sold it. It works on: paint, glass, plastic, decals, chrome, aluminum, etc, etc. Not to sound like an advertisement, but I cant say enough about this product. It will desolve bugs and remove any kind of road grime/tar from your paint w/o damaging the finish. In fact it leaves the surface slippery smooth. I use it on my Corvette after every highway trip.

------------------
00 Red L on order.
98 Red Dodge V10 4X4 quad cab.
96 Yellow Corvette LT1.
92 Aquamarine Supra Turbo.
99 Arctic Cat ZR440 sno pro.
98 Polaris Super Sport 488.
97 Seadoo HX.
96 Polaris SLX w/PSI triple pipes.
97 Banshee completely tricked.
96 Polaris Scrambler.
87 Polaris Indy 600 SKS w/SLP 707 full mod.
RC CARS: Associated; RC10B3's, RC10T3, TC3. Lossi; XXCR Kinwald, XX4. Yokomo; MR4TC

peteb3@home.com

Old 02-28-2000 | 02:50 PM
|
DUCK01,
I ordered mine on 11/10/99 from Adamson Ford in Birmingham via the Internet. The dealer told me that mine was the only one to come in for the 1st shipment. The next ones are due in another month. I'm glad I was 1st in line!

I was near Beltway 8 & Genoa-Red Bluff in Pasadena.
-----
Peter B,
Thanks for the info. I'll have to find the local Honda motorcycle dealer. Anyone in Austin/SA know where they are?

Old 02-28-2000 | 03:36 PM
Thumbs up

Thanks for the info White. I was just wondering b/c I ordered mine on 8-14 from Tommie Vaughn in Houston and it hasn't come in yet. I was trying to get an idea of arrival time by dating your order, but that is shot down now, so???? Oh well, looks like it'll be another week or so.

DUCK

------------------
Build the Hell outta Bonfire 2000!

Old 02-28-2000 | 03:51 PM
The date on the certificate of origin does not have anything to do with the date of build.It does however have to do with the VIN#. The certificate of origin is what gives the VIN# or vise versa.So if you have a vin already ,your truck is very close to being built.My build date is 5 days later than c.o.o date.

Quick Reply: MINE'S HERE, TOO!!