Lightning

My first mod....done !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2000 | 08:00 PM
|
Talking My first mod....done !!

Well I finaly broke down and went out and did my first mod. It was such a warm weekend here in Toronto, that I decided it was time to start. I went out to Canadian Tire Saturday and ordered the K&N Filter charger kit for $262.00. I picked it up late this afternoon and started installing it, only to find out that they ordered me the wrong one What they ordered was for a normal F150. Well it was to late to take it back (the store was closed) so I decided "hell, I can make it work"......here is what I did.

I used most of the pieces except the 90 degree bend pipe. In place of the pipe I went to Home Depot to get some PVC angle pieces that I could twist to get the right spot where the filter was to go. I then drilled a hole in the PVC so that I could mount the temp sensor. After that went the mass air sensor piece and then the filter. Will it make a differance that the temp sensor is after the mass air sensor ? It doesn't seam to so far.

All in all now that I am done, I think it turned out prety good (although it does look a little cheesy). What I can say is it definately makes a differance. The supercharger spools up quicker and is quite a bit louder as well. I also notice that the boost is slightly higher, but not by much (about 1 PSI on the stock gauge).

Anyway I'm just another happy L mod'er wondering what to do next.

------------------
99 Lightning in Pull me over Red.
- Build...#1869, June 2nd 1999.
- K&N Filter Charger Kit.
- Bridgestone P245/70/R16 Winter Dueler's, on steel rims.

Email me at cruecibahl@home.com

[This message has been edited by SnowPlow (edited 02-27-2000).]

Old 02-27-2000 | 10:03 PM
I'll bet your motto is "if life gives you lemons, make lemonade". That is great that you did all that & it turned out good for you. I'm not sure I would have the patients to do all that.

------------------
99' SVT Black Bolt NLOC #392
Clear Corner Lenses
Autometer Boost & Air/Fuel ratio Guages
best run 13.54 @ 101.35

**Unlike Lightning I will strike you twice**

Old 02-27-2000 | 10:10 PM
Another successful Canadian Tire purchase. You can't be serious. Please, oh, please get the right stuff to make it look like a performance set-up, not a bad plumbing job!!

------------------
2000 Red Lightning on Order - All Options
'99 Yukon Denali - Silver, Lowered 1", Borbet CW4's, 285/60R18 Toyo Proxes S/T's, Hotchkis AntiSways, Edelbrock Shocks
2000 Red Trans Am Ram Air / WS6, 6 Speed - Delivered 2-15-00 - Awesome Looking Car

Old 02-28-2000 | 06:03 PM
|
Thanks Yoda.

What04, Actually this was the second time around. The first time CT just gave me a K&N F150 filter (that was a last fall before I found out about this board). I found out you couldn't put a round cone in a square box This I did take back for a refund.

I figured they were so close this time that I would just make do.....who knows what the next try may have resulted in. I'm going to leave it like this for now (after all it does work), and maybe change to an Airaid or PSP setup later in the summer.

------------------
99 Lightning in Pull me over Red.
- Build...#1869, June 2nd 1999.
- K&N Filter Charger Kit.
- Bridgestone P245/70/R16 Winter Dueler's, on steel rims.

Email me at cruecibahl@home.com