Lightning

Road trip turned BAD! Watch for flying objects!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005 | 04:37 AM
|
Unhappy Road trip turned BAD! Watch for flying objects!

O.K. So I'm driving along the interstate when some pice-of-**** car in front of me (primer gray, rusty, 80s style Omni, I'm gonna find you!) cuts into my lane to pass a trucker and swerves all the way on to the rumble strips and kicks a pice of semi tire up, it hits my hood and windshield and flys over the truck takeing the driverside plastic scoop insert with it at 80mph!!! Thank the Lord my window was not cracked or chipped, and thier is no paint dmg, (scuffed, but not noticable) but the hood looks pretty ghetto with one insert missing.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement insert?

If you're not sure what pice I am talking about, look in my gallery at my hood. I am missing the driverside scoop insert.

I hope it's cheap!

Thanks

Old 12-28-2005 | 07:42 AM
You was lucky then mate.

I had some badass Badger (Like a medium size dog) ran into the lower grille on my 00 L four years ago at about 50mph.
The bastard took the lower grille and my heat exchanger out big time.
I stopped and it nearly bit my hand off as was still stuck head first, so i kicked it's **** right back where it came from with a toe cap boot.

Cost me a few bob to sort the damage though.

Old 12-28-2005 | 07:59 AM
Get in touch with Reflexxions. They make your hood.

Old 12-28-2005 | 08:32 AM
Go to www.sporttruckdirect.com they sell the reflexxion hood. That is the hood I have and where I get my replacement parts.

Old 12-28-2005 | 10:03 AM
I know how you feel, I hit a pie pan in the road and it broke my body kit on the drivers side of the bed

Old 12-28-2005 | 10:56 AM
i got a scoop kit from www.truckperformance.com. I had to get one cause i got a killer deal on the hood cause it was missin the scoops

Old 12-28-2005 | 03:16 PM
I think I top yours

some dumb lady rear-ended me on Xmas day.
it was raining and many accidents........people slow down and cause the rest of the traffic to stop in some spots.
I was in the slow lane since my exit was coming up and stop waiting for traffic to move........after about 10 second stopped, a lady hit the rear-end of my L..........I was pi$$ed........
the damages are not too bad........the rear bumper is pushed in and cracked the left rear bed.......

Old 12-28-2005 | 03:20 PM
oh, in additional to all that

the lady used a fake driver's license since I try to drop by her house since it was only about 30 minutes to my house to obtain the insurance information she did not have with her at the time of the accident.
Well, the address is a shopping mall
the phone number she gave me was not valid
The only lucky part of all this was I took pictures with my camera phone
the van she was driving from all side, her punk @$$, and her fake driver's license..........
I do have Full coverage...........so I am just letting the insurance go after her.........do you guys think I should report this to the police?

Old 12-28-2005 | 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by g-divisionboyz
do you guys think I should report this to the police?
Uh...yeah.

Old 12-28-2005 | 03:38 PM
You let her drive away without getting a police report?

Old 12-28-2005 | 03:40 PM
well, the reason I asked

its because since there is no injury(s) occured, I will have to go to the local police station. File a police report and write a police report myself. In california, the police does not come to your aid unless someone requires medical aids........SUCKs

Old 12-28-2005 | 04:49 PM
My SIL got hit by something in Tulsa, but didn't look to see what it was. She picked up her mother at the airport then went to Little Rock. Her mother asked her what was on the bumper? It was an R/C chopper, well what was left of it.

Old 12-28-2005 | 09:14 PM
I know it suck, as you have a nice truck, but it could have been worse.

Last year some A Hole in a peice of crap primered ***** box did this to me as I was sitting at a red light.

I will trade bad luck with you.

Old 12-29-2005 | 03:44 AM
|
Thanks for the web sight guys, I e-mailed them to find a way to order the inserts.

And for everyone else with all that bad luck, I'm sorry for you, I can only imagine how you feel, I have minor dmg and I'm all pissed about it, yikes, I would hate to see what happeneds if I ever get rear ended, or side swiped.

Quick Reply: Road trip turned BAD! Watch for flying objects!