Lightning

Help! Need info.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2000 | 06:35 PM
|
Question Help! Need info.....

Ok,

I have seen this discussed before, but can't find it right now and need some help.

Does anyone make a 3 position "A" pillar gauge pod to accept a VA (volt-amp) meter, a nitrous bottle pressure gauge (electrical, already have pressure sensor on the bottle), and maybe a boost gauge? Would prefer the right (or at least real close) color match.

TIA!

------------------
Chuck 'Wyldman' Shelton
wyldman@houston.rr.com
Black 99.5 Lightning Build # 1273, DOB 5-14-99, NLOC #315
Best run to date 12.857 @103.48
CD Changer; Tow Pkg.; Lojack; Sal's custom nitrous chip; G-Tech/Pro; SnugLid; BedRug; Invinca-Shield, full kit; NOS KIT 100 hp shot (currently); Clear and smoke Lexan fog light covers; 3M Ti Window Tint; Bel radar detector (shouldn't be an accessory); PowerStack cone filter (a.k.a. supercharger waker upper); American Auto Designs ram air hood; Cal-Tracs traction bars; Bassani headers;Goodrich T/A Drag Radials; Muth Signal Mirrors, inbound

Old 02-22-2000 | 06:40 PM
Talking

Hey Wyldman
Auto Meter makes the dual gage pod and the part number is 15 303. The last time I checked that and the single pod was all that they offered. The color is black and the graining is so so (not very close). If you want a match you gotta buy the paint, you can get really close.

------------------
BABolt
SVT#290

[This message has been edited by BABolt (edited 02-22-2000).]

Old 02-22-2000 | 08:32 PM
Hey Wyldman, I checked into this (I even E-mailed Autometer) trying to see if they made a tri-pod but they dont. The gentleman that wrote back said they didnt have any plans to make one in the foreseeable future (this was 3 mos ago though), so I never found one, just a gual-pod guage. goodluck

------------------
99' SVT Black Bolt NLOC #392
Clear Corner Lenses
Autometer Boost & Air/Fuel ratio Guages
best run 13.54 @ 101.35

**Unlike Lightning I will strike you twice**

Old 02-22-2000 | 08:52 PM
i've never been a fan of electrical pressure gauges . i've seen some big differences when i've run liquid filled mechanical gauges to check them for accuracy for fuel/N2o pressures. i know these a a no-no in the cab, but wondering if it worth running them, if they can't be trusted.

Old 02-22-2000 | 09:13 PM
Wink

Wyldman
I'd run a fuel presure gauge, this is whats dropping when the engines are falling off or shutting off, like your experience last weekend. Might be good to know that it is down before you hit the accelerator. No suprises that way.
There are two fuel pumps in the tank with a "Y" connection, DUH, not so smart on Ford's part. Looking for a replacement now with controlable settings.

Old 02-24-2000 | 12:16 AM
Wyldman,

Three gauge pod... Courtesy of Twisted99.... http://www.autometer.com/99catalog/g...gw_trucks.html ...

Originally posted on the "CA... Willyou marry me" thread... page 5.

Old 02-24-2000 | 12:31 AM
Lightbulb

I arranged a group purchase for the sy/ty group to get triple pod pillars made a while back. They replaced the factory pillar with the triple which will be color matched and can be designed in 2" or 2 5/8".

All he needs is a minimum order of twenty pillars and then he'll design and make them. His quality is excellent and they fit exactly like OEM. I posted the web address below for his company!

I am not associated with his company in any way other then being a past customer.

http://www.mindspring.com/~lotek/

Let me know your opinions!

------------------
JB
JDBURKE@ball.com
PaceCar18@aol.com
  • 91 GMC Syclone (Red)
  • 91 Talon Tsi AWD
  • 94 Mustang GT conv.
  • Yamaha YZ 250

"Still waiting for lightning to strike"

[This message has been edited by Pacecar18 (edited 02-23-2000).]

Old 02-28-2000 | 10:25 PM
Talking

Hi all!
Thought that I would bring this post back to the top. Based on Pacecar18's information on Lo-Tek Engineering I spoke with Lyle there. He stated that they are now in the process of doing a two pod A-Pillar replacement cover. He told me this evening that the graining should be very close and that the color will be gray. He also stated this cover was being done for the Lightning. I hope that it will be better than the Auto Meter pod ( I don't really care for the grain on that one) plus the fact that it is one piece and the correct color should make it very nice. Price is about $40.00 give or take a nickel and the availability should be some time in April. Lyle also said that some time later they will develop a 3 pod A-pillar cover.

------------------
BABolt
SVT#290

[This message has been edited by BABolt (edited 02-29-2000).]

Old 02-28-2000 | 10:27 PM
|
Great stuff BABolt!

Thanks!

Old 02-28-2000 | 10:34 PM
Talking

Wyldman / Pacecar18
Thank you to both of you guys. Wyldman for asking and Pacecar18 for posting the engineering source. Thanks.
Now can someone help me again I want my hood molded in Carbon Fibre. I have found one source for the material but the price is rather high. Does anyone know of a good source for Carbon Fibre. Thanks.

------------------
BABolt
SVT#290

Quick Reply: Help! Need info.....