Lightning

EEC (PCM) clip

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2000, 08:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation EEC (PCM) clip

Hello everybody,
Pulled the "L" out yesterday, it is going to be a gorgeous weekend here in SE Michigan. Anyhow when I reinstalled EEC and battery I dropped that dang little black plastic clip that holds the EEC to the bracket on the inside fender wall. It fell behind the trim panel, where of course I can't reach it. Anyhow is there a trick to removing all the trim panels? or should I just order a new part? I am currently using good ole 100 mph tape. Thanks in advance.
Jim

------------------
'99 Red #2394, NLOC #342
Superchip, Black Rhino,
Window Tint,Clear fog lens covers
PSP air filter kit, Bassani (TBI)

Old 03-05-2000, 01:06 PM
hey Trimble can I get a close look at your L. I'm still waiting to here from the dealer on mine,but would love to see yours(perhaps a ride?). I saw a red L on Friday around 5:00 on 22 Mile road. Hope to hear back from you.

Mike

Old 03-05-2000, 03:15 PM
Ok...here's my suggestion: Take a piece of very sticky double-stick tape, and wrap it around the end of a piece of wire. slide the wire down where the part went, and try to get the tape stuck to the edge of it...then lift it up and out. It's like using a magnet for a metal piece, only completely different. If this works, it will save you a TON of extra work. The trick would be to get a huge ball of double stick tape on the end, and make sure its REALLY sticky tape. Good Luck!

I actually used this method to some success getting a packet of cocoa out of a cupboard that was over a big swath of new floor that couldn't be walked on...I used a long stick and the tape on the end to open the cupboard door, then stick the tape to the packet of cocoa, and lift it up out of the cocoa box. It is amazing how much intricate work can be done at the end of a long stick if you concentrate, and are determined to have cocoa. Again, good luck

------------------
AtomHeart
2000 Silver Lightnin' on order...
1969 Ford Fairlane Cobra R code w/ 3.91 dragpack
atomhart@cyberhighway.net

Quick Reply: EEC (PCM) clip