Lightning

Paul's High Performance?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 04:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paul's High Performance?

Just read about this company in a Ford truck mag this weekend. So I visit their website and am astonished at the prices I see. For example, $1,700 for a bassani cat back; $500 for a SBTB w/out the TPS; $250 for a single 6" heat exchanger fan; $310 for a 4lb pulley; etc.

So I think to myself, this must be in Canadian dollars, because these prices are waaaay out of whack. But then I see they're located in Michigan.

Anyone have any experience with these guys? Just curious, and wondering about the inflated prices.

Old 01-09-2006, 04:15 PM
priced some stuff for our Mach 1 from them once, seemed like very steep prices too.

Old 01-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by fullboogie
Just read about this company in a Ford truck mag this weekend. So I visit their website and am astonished at the prices I see. For example, $1,700 for a bassani cat back; $500 for a SBTB w/out the TPS; $250 for a single 6" heat exchanger fan; $310 for a 4lb pulley; etc.

So I think to myself, this must be in Canadian dollars, because these prices are waaaay out of whack. But then I see they're located in Michigan.

Anyone have any experience with these guys? Just curious, and wondering about the inflated prices.
I think Paul sells to a small group of loyal customers and some locals...

Old 01-09-2006, 07:12 PM
I have bought a single blade TB and and a few small things from them. I went out to there shop in Jackson. They are a little pricey but they have a nice shop and very good mechanics! Jim

Old 01-09-2006, 07:17 PM
I bought my rear drop shackels from them but back out of dyno from them 2 times now. Just couldn't stomach the prices also. It's worth the drive to the east coast to see the big 3.

God Bless,

Suavy

Old 01-09-2006, 09:50 PM
I have gotten a couple small items from Paul, that were priced competitvly but he is'nt the cheapest for sure. Hes more of a Mustang guy, Thats what he races and is more known for
He is recommended by ford racing as one of there most trusted local shops. as the Ford Racing reps I asked about him said he knows where stuff will break and prefers to leave it safe, with a little on the table if needed
and at the Centennial celebration some of the reps said they also use his shop on occasion. And I know he gets some of thier projects to play with before they go public. the one time I remember him checking on some of his Lightnig customers at Martin dragway and he was driving a modified Maruder, this was at least 6 months before they were available.
I never did find it feesable to go there for a tune as the L he had in his web ad was only .5 sec faster than mine,and mine was with just boltons, and I suck at dragracing to boot

Old 01-09-2006, 09:54 PM
He was the first tuner I ever used on my truck. He DEFINITELY knows his stuff and Fords inside out.

The only reason I never went back was due to his prices. I paid A little over $700 for a dyno tune and to have O2 bungs welded into my exhaust for the wideband sensor. That was with me supplying the Flip Chip. But that was a street and race tune and a '99 with a 3# lower and FTVB and Lakewood slappers ran a 13.01 on the street side.

I NEVER used the race side of the chip

Like I said he definitely knows his stuff and has some very fast cars at the local tracks, including s/c 6 speed manual marauders... that were in several magazines.

Quick Reply: Paul's High Performance?