Lightning

Zaino Z16

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2000 | 05:15 PM
|
Question Zaino Z16

Is the Zaino Z16 Perfect Tire Gloss the cat's *** like the other Zaino products? If not, what do others use?

------------------
2000 Red Lightning on Order - All Options
'99 Yukon Denali - Silver, Lowered 1", Borbet CW4's, 285/60R18 Toyo Proxes S/T's, Hotchkis AntiSways, Edelbrock Shocks
2000 Red Trans Am Ram Air WS6, 6 Speed - Delivered 2-15-00 - Awesome Looking Car

[This message has been edited by WHAT04 (edited 03-07-2000).]

Old 03-07-2000 | 06:36 PM
i've been using meguiars endurance, lasts a lot longer than those clear and white liquids and takes care of tire browning, and has a semi-pleasent grape smell, unlike a cats-***,which has a, ah, cats-*** smell, or something

Old 03-07-2000 | 08:48 PM
Hey What04,

I notice in your sig your WS6 T/A. I think I'd give that beast alittle more credit than just awesome looking car.

------------------
00 Red L, adopted 2/29/00.
98 Red Dodge V10 4X4 quad cab.
96 Yellow Corvette LT1.
99 Arctic Cat ZR440 sno pro.
98 Polaris Super Sport 488.
97 Seadoo HX.
96 Polaris SLX w/PSI triple pipes.
97 Banshee completely tricked.
96 Polaris Scrambler.
87 Polaris Indy 600 SKS w/SLP 707 full mod.
RC CARS: Associated; RC10B3's, RC10T3, TC3. Lossi; XXCR Kinwald, XX4. Yokomo; MR4TC

peteb3@home.com

Old 03-07-2000 | 08:49 PM
Hey WHAT04,
I use Zaino Z-16 "Perfect Tire Gloss" and so far, I'm very satisfied. It puts a semi-gloss on your tires (not overly shiny.... makes them look new), but not an unrealistic shine. I purchased the Z-16 because it prevents against drying, cracking and fading. It's also soil and water resistant and has ultra-gaurd UV sunscreen sheild and a antistatic formula which repels dust and dirt.
Those are the things that sold me on Z-16. Some people just look for a super-shine without checking out what other properties a tire dressing product may have. As far as the smell.... I'm not too concerned with, because I won't be hangin' myself out the window trying to catch the fragrance in the wind. But, it smells kinda like lemon (pleasant smell).
I've worked on tires in the past, for a couple of years and really believe this is a good product. Not to say they're aren't plenty of them out there.... but this is the one I chose and I'm happy with it. So for me.... it's the cat's a$$.

------------------
2000 F-150 Lariat 4x2 Supercab, Styleside,SB,Amazon Green/Clearcoat Metallic,5.4 Liter V8, Class III Tow-Package,3.55 Limited Slip Rear,Bug Deflector, Duraliner Bedliner,Superchip,K&N Filter, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve.

Old 03-07-2000 | 09:04 PM
Does this mean that a cat's A$$ smells like a lemon. Something I didn't need to know! LOL

I have used the Meguiars Endurance since it came out and it is by far the best I've used. I haven't tried the Z16, but I would imagine it does a nice job.

The best thing about the Mequiars is it lasts for a long time and it comes with its own applicator. hehe

------------------
JB
JDBURKE@ball.com
PaceCar18@aol.com
  • 91 GMC Syclone (Red)
  • 91 Talon Tsi AWD
  • 94 Mustang GT conv.
  • Yamaha YZ 250

"Still waiting for lightning to strike"

Old 03-07-2000 | 09:24 PM
Thumbs up

Hey WHAT04, your thuck looks like a MODEL !!

Old 03-07-2000 | 09:30 PM
Nothing wrong with that, wish my wife did

Old 03-07-2000 | 09:47 PM
|
Is somebody calling me a thuck - god, I hate it when that happens - seems like only yesterday when my brothers called me that.

Sanks for the responses - probably my biggest concern was how my tires were going to smell. Anything to cover up that cat's a$$ smell. Maybe that's why all the dogs keep sniffing my wheels....hmmmm?????

As for the T/A WS6 - it is a great looking car - I can't make any further comments. The day I brought it home, my wife said thanks for the keys - now gimme both sets!

That's gratitude for ya.

Old 03-09-2000 | 12:01 AM
Banned
Cool

I'm a bit partial to Zaino myself since I head the GP (Group Purchase). If your interested, then e-mail me at:

1: zainoguy@hotmail.com

I spoke with Sal Zaino specifically about the competition that has been brewing over the "grape smelling" tire dressing that MG's sells.

It turns out that MG's got their hands on Z16, and they broke some of his secrets and devised their "own" tire dressing. I guess MG's did not do well enough though, because the only reason I purchase MG's Tire Dressing now for, is so that I can use their "cute" little applicator to put Z16 on my wheels.

MG's Tire Dressing is very "gummy". If you put it on your tires, then you will notice that after about 1 - 2 weeks of driving the "gummy" stuff is still on, but your tires are now coated with soil, and dust. Not very impressive to me!

These are the words of Sal Zaino on Z16:

"For many years I have been dissatisfied with the tire dressings on the market. They are loaded with silicone oil. They are very greasy, oily and messy. They attract dirt and dust like a magnet, have no UV protection, can cause tire deterioration, give an unrealistic gloss and wash off as soon as the tire gets wet. The tire dressing, always slings and gets onto the wheels and surrounding paint surface and causes discoloration and staining. I have yet to find one benefit to using this type of product. Z-16 Perfect Tire Gloss is a non-oily, non-greasy, rubber protectant and finishing treatment. Its unique formula with Ultra-Gard™ UV(40) and antistatic properties prevent drying, cracking, browning and repels dust and dirt. Z-16 leaves an incredibly durable, water repellent, perfect looking satin finish, that's only slightly glossy and dry to the touch. Use on all exterior rubber, tires, moldings, plastic trim, weatherstripping, underhood hoses and more. Just wet a sponge with Z-16 and apply to the surface to be treated and let dry. It will last thru rain and multiple washings. Z-16 is very durable and will last an average of 3 to 4 weeks on an outdoor car. Z-16 is not recommended for interior seats or vinyl tops."-Sal Zaino

For the same price of buying MG's "gummy" stuff, you can buy Z16 & keep all of these items below clean:

1: exterior rubber,
2: tires,
3: moldings,
4: plastic trim,
5: weatherstripping,
6: underhood hoses

Just my 0.2 cent, but I would say the "applicator" is the hardest thing since Sal does not make one. Just use the "cutsie" MG's applicator & your good to go!

Old 03-09-2000 | 12:35 AM
Wink

Sounds like good stuff. I think you should be on Sals payroll and have him turn you loose!
Tom

Quick Reply: Zaino Z16