Lightning

L check up goes well!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2000 | 03:25 PM
|
Angry

You are lucky. Mine is still at dealer ( 2nd day ) to get the passenger door adjusted to it will close first time. And to get alignment and front end noise lubed. Lee Jarmon Ford simply doesn’t give a ****. When I brought it in Tues at 8am they asked if I had an appt, told me I should call and make one next time. I told them I had called last week and was told that I would get a call back when "my" service guy was available. I never got a call back and now they bitch cause I don’t have an appt.
Now they tell me there is nothing that can be done to make the passenger door close like the drivers door. They suggested trying harder to close it. They had it all day yesterday to do nothing to the door and have to have it back today to work on the front end.
They also said Ford will cover one alignment and this is it. I asked why the truck was not aligned when delivered. They had no answer.

They have no concept of customer service....

Doug

------------------
Got Silver 2000 2/28/00!!
Doug
Carrollton TX
drbdkb@hotmail.com
Had 87 Turbo Coupe traded for
92 F150 XLT 302, Put K&N Filter, cat back and Chip on 92 Still not enough.
Silver 2000 Lightning, Valentine 1, K&N Filter as soon as I can find one, Snuglid and Bedrug next week

Old 03-15-2000 | 07:54 PM
Banned
Red face

Ford is "testing" my patience, especially after hearing your story Silver. If I get "any" BS from Enfield Ford, then I'm walking.

So far they have been "decent", and I am glad that my truck is finally finished being painted. I have kept them up to date on all problems such as:

1: Seats
2: Fog Lights
3: A-Arm Welding, and Alignment

If I have any problems with these areas they are "aware" and won't be surprised if they see me regarding one of them.

Old 03-15-2000 | 09:11 PM
Took mind in for 5000 mile check Tue.,oil change,rotate tires,and brake reservoir was always wet on top, they changed the cap and so far no leaking. I asked them to check the front end because I hear a clunk a couple of times, the tech told me that it is because of the tires are so big and loading up and that when they release on a sharp turn it makes the noise and can feel it on the steering wheel. ???????????

I'll keep it on my list for the next time.

------------------
99 RED LIGHTNING

[This message has been edited by SVTLightning99 (edited 03-29-2000).]

Old 03-16-2000 | 12:37 AM
Smile L check up goes well!

Had my beast in for check up,tire rotation(did mention the paint on hood) today. Everything checks out ok,they lubed the steering stops,checked control arms etc,ordered me a new tailight(moisture ) and were quite curtious. Only thing that bothers me is that they can't find whats making my passenger window creak when going up/down. Annoying. I didn't request anything be done about the paint as of yet,still trying to decide on that issue.All in all they get high marks!
Hitman
P.S. When they asked if they're was anything else they good do for me I asked them to bring the damn gas prices down so I don't go broke! That got a good laugh...I couldn't understand what was so funny,I was serious .

Old 03-16-2000 | 01:47 PM
Doug,
Sorry to hear your having such grief with them. Mine's off being RhinoLined today, but I discovered my first defect on my way in. There a very small (1/8") tear in the fabric on the driver's sun visor. I called Allen Samuels Ford to see if they had the part in stock, which they don't. I asked them to order one, and they said the service dept. would have to look at it first. Guess I'm not competent to diagnose ripped fabric. It sure is nice to know that when you buy an exclusive, premium flagship vehicle from a manufacturer that they'll treat you accordingly.

Quick Reply: L check up goes well!