Lightning

Muffler finally had it...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2000 | 07:38 AM
|
Rest In Peace
From: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
Talking Muffler finally had it...

But I like the way it sounds now. I was driving home from the strip, taking a friend of mine home, he's got an integra type R on the way, one of 500. Anyhow, another integra cuts us off before a stop light. I already know my muffler is loose, but I say hey, I've got an appointment Thursday, no prob. Left arrow goes green, he almost runs the light. Apparently he thinks its just an average F150. I step on the gas and break a little... Light goes green, I let him get a little jump, then I say his handicap is up. I punch it and just when my exhaust comes up on his slightly open window, we heard it. We almost went deaf. The muffler fully disconnected from the rest of the exhuast. Thank god for the muffler hangers. I really like the way it sounds now. How much for the X pipe? Thats the exhaust without the muffler right? You oughtta hear this thing start up. Next light... He wouldn't look over, and his window was up. HeHe.

PS. Anyone ever have this problem? And how 'bout the color of the intercoolant? I know wasn't really a kill, but the Lightning lost its temper.

------------------
99 Black Lightning
created 8/17/99, bought 9/25/99
#3681/4000
CD changer, Tow package, factory tonneau cover
100k mile warrantee, bed/under liner, paint protected

[This message has been edited by Tundra (edited 03-27-2000).]

Old 03-27-2000 | 10:26 AM
I bought a home made x pipe from cobrarose for $75.00. He had it made at a local exhaust outfit and thought it was too loud for towing long distances. I personally like the sound and will keep it. It bolts right in place of the muffler and looks stock from outside. It seems to have more pull in middle and upper end with no effect on the lower end.

------------------
99 Black Lightning
Built July 26, 1999
Build # 2883 of 4000

Old 03-27-2000 | 01:31 PM
Cool

I took my muffler off and ran straight pipes to the factory outlets. Love the sound. Didn't bother with x-over. Think I paid a shop $50.00 for the removal and straight pipe install. Sounds Meeeeaaannnnnnnnnnn.

------------------
Sal's Filter and Chip
Interceptor Modulator
AutoMeter Pod w/Phantom Boost Gauge
Aim Drop Shackels
Color Matched Mirrors and Taillight trim by AVS. Waitin' on Bedrug and Clear corners. Focus Lens covers.

Red 99 Lightning #812 4/30/99 (Totaled)
Black 99 Lightning #1542 5/25/99
White 88 SVO Merkur Xr4ti
Sand Gold 88 Xr4ti
Silver 95 SHO
Black 2000 Integra Type R #758 adopted

Quick Reply: Muffler finally had it...