Lightning

SES Light

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006 | 08:19 AM
|
SES Light

Hey Guys,

I did several searches but so far havent come up with anything that has resolved my SES light coming on.

It first came on when i installed the K&N FIPk. I got the typical lean codes and it was one of the vacuum hoses that had come loose. Fixed that and reset the codes and the SES light went away. Several days later it came back on, i checked it with the predator and it tells me there are no codes, but i can clear it and it goes away for a while then comes back on. I double checked all my vacuum hoses and they all seemed to be fine, including the dreaded one behind the plenum.

I disco'd the battery for about 20 mins just in case and that didnt get rid of it either. During all this time my L had the stock tune on it. I installed the 93 tune from my Pred just for the heck of it. Light still comes on after a while. I richened up the tune a bit just in case.

The truck runs fine with no noticeable problems at all.
Each time it comes on i check it and it says no trouble codes found, but i can clear it with the Pred.

The only two things i havent tried yet is cleaning the MAF with contact cleaner or going to Auto Zone and having them check it out.

Have any of you run across this?

Old 02-08-2006 | 04:22 AM
Go to autozone and find what the code is. Never did like the predator.

Quick Reply: SES Light