Lightning

Another JDM Rant...

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006 | 11:36 PM
hahahah

I stand behind anything i have ever written on here. At least I think on my own and dont have jims sperm on my lips like you taliimecca.Like I said,I stand behind my comments,all of them.Good or bad, atleast i am a man of my word and dont blow people like you.I have been on my own since 18 years old and have formed a certain personality.I am 30 years old.Until you accomplish as much as i have, i wont listen. Im not going to say i am right all the time but i will say i say what i feel and nobody(unlike you) can change that.go to www.macepaving.com You dont get here by not doing something right...............My equipment cost more than your house.(or your daddy's)Im sorry of you feel i got screwed on my new 93 Lightning.Unlike you, i really dont care .It all goes back to having a backbone and standing behind your comments.By the way, you wish you could just cut a check for $20k without even blinking.. You probally still live at home LOL LOL
What happened to not responding?? What's the matter bro, did I push a few buttons?? Hahaha. You are an absolute joke guy. A joke!!! Just like when you were leaving this board cause someone stole your name!! Hahahahahaha. Last time I seen you , you had a towing company. Now you are a paver. Which is it? Is it both?

Then you come up with these juvenile comments...."I don't blow people like you" hahahaha. What's next? "Your mamma is so fat, when she wears heals, she strikes oil???""""

Here's another blow to your rediculous arguement. I'm 5 years younger than you and

A) I do own my own buisness

B) I do not live with my parents

C) And 20k is peanuts if you are such a prominent buisness owner as you say you are.

If you wish to continue this arguement, I will gladly, but let's take it off the boards. Since you started this personal attack on me, i'm going to end it. You shouldn't have started a fight you can't win bro. You ****ed up. You are nothing but a worthless piece of **** who starts trouble on message boards. This time you barked up the wrong tree my friend. Peace.

Last edited by tallimeca; 02-28-2006 at 11:41 PM.
Old 03-01-2006 | 12:12 AM
Yo Dyno Dan..

Good to se your still alive

VINNIE

Old 03-01-2006 | 12:25 AM
hmm

Have you ever installed a JDM E-Fan wire harness? It's 3 freakin wires, a monkey could install the damn thing. Having 30amps going thru a thin azz cable is not a good thing. Again, ask JDM WHY THERE NEWER HARNESS IS 3X AS THICK JACKAZZ.

Before you speak have a understanding of the damn kit, it's a 30amp and 40amp fuse with thin wires to connect everything.
Well, actually they are circuit breakers, not fuses...

But you are right, a little thicker wires would always be better. There is suck a thing as too big however.

My kit is , geez 3-4 year old maybe, and I haven't had any issues and never noticed that the wires were too small at any point. The wires you need to be worried about are the ones taht go from the circuit breaker to the fan, and if I recall, they had to be at least a 14 guage???

I guess a good reason to increase wire size would be to cut down on resistance, which as everyone who knows electrical theory, will cause heat, which will cause more resistance which will in turn cause more of a draw of amps. Remember, it is amps we need to be worried about. A truck that runs in the heat constantly that has the fan running constatly, could have experience problems if the wires to the fan motor or even from the power source to the circuit breaker were too small. Up here in the north, we don't get heat like that all year, so in the south where it is warmer, and the fan runs continuous, the circuit breaker could be tripping here and there and you wouldn't know it until it fails and you have an overheat condition , or just notice it's not working. Circuit breakers do wear out. I see it all the time on some of the equipment my shop works on. Usually what happens is they trip and won't reset, causing a condition similar to Cliffs.

Cliff,
I didn't mean to offend you in any way. I just though from your post that every angle was covered and that's why JDM didn't respond. I agree that no everyone recieves great service from every vendor , every time. I have never had a bad experience with any of the lightning vendors i've dealt with and I guess I'm lucky, But you will never hear me badmouth a vendor about an order problem untill I have contacted them directly.

I had a HUGE problem with TREMEC last summer with a TKO tranny we bought for our Mustang. I called the vendor I bought it from numberous times. I called Tremec numberous times. I paid out of my pocket to have a BRAND NEW TRANSMISSION fixed because they said nothing was wrong with it, but there was. I had that tranny in and out so many times. Finally I asked TREMEC to replace the unit, because I opted to have it fixed and it still wouldn't shift into 3rd, no matter what. I spent money hand over fist on new clutch, new shifter, clutch cable, bell housing, hours upon hours of pulling and reinstalling the tranny. It wasn't untill they refused to do antying that I posted on the boards about the issue publicly and had to dispute the charge on my credit card. Finally the vendor took it back but I was out a ton of cash between trying to buy other parts to get it to work, not to mention the repair bills and the freight bills of shipping a BRAND NEW transmission all over the place!!!

But like the guy about said, when you are a buisness owner, like myself, you want a fair shot to make things right, not only to satisfy a customer, but to learn from your mistakes. It's just become a way of society to imediately cry wolf . The only problem is after the problem is resolved, the damage has already been done. Like in this case, a newbie comes on and sees the title of the post, but might not even read the post. Goes to order something and says to himself, oh, JDM sucks. Tells a couple of his buddies, oh, I heard JDM sucks. Or PSP, OR JLP or whoever. It's just the way it is, but it's not right. That's my thing.

I can tell you that every new lightning brother (or sister I meet), I not only refer JDM, but PSP, JLP, and even LFP. I have used all of these folks , and have had 0 issues. With my truck and my old man's truck parked at my store , I have alot of guys with Lightnings, Harleys and Mustangs come in off the street to ask me about my truck and mods. It's kinda wierd sometimes.

Last edited by tallimeca; 03-01-2006 at 12:58 AM.
Old 03-01-2006 | 12:45 AM
Tallimeca you have posted 15 times in this 6 page thread, PLEASE get off of jdm's nuts for 5 minutes. I had a similiar problem with jdm a few years ago involving a part and didn't recieve a single response till I posted here. I doubt he would have gotten what he deserved free of charge unless he made this post....

And refer to cliff's post

Originally Posted by SVT_KY
Do me a favor ... go to my profile here and email me. OK?

Email is a very acceptable way to resolve problems and I have never
had any problems with Stan, Sal, The Chicken Man, Mike (Mad Ferrari)
or even Jegs ... Why can't you see that JUST MAYBE, JDM doesn't
always measure up to the service that YOU seem to get?
Thanks,

Patrick

Old 03-01-2006 | 01:05 AM
haha

Well, Patrick,

How come it's such a problem when I defend JDM, but no one complains when I'm defending any other vendor. Just yesterday I defended Sal for a guy that was upset with him. I didn't see anyone in there complaining, were they. Pulled your card my friend.

Carry on anti JDM crybabies

Last edited by tallimeca; 03-01-2006 at 01:10 AM.
Old 03-01-2006 | 01:13 AM
Originally Posted by tallimeca
Well, Patrick,

How come it's such a problem when I defend JDM, but no one complains when I'm defending any other vendor. Just yesterday I defended Sal for a guy that was upset with him. I didn't see anyone in there complaining, where they. Pulled your card my friend.

Carry on JDM crybabies
16 posts now...*edit nvm I dont want to drag this out, have a good one talli, you seem to be very well liked around here.

-Patrick

Old 03-01-2006 | 01:15 AM
hahah

It's so funny that people like you get so upset.

now that you changed your post

...*edit nvm I dont want to drag this out, have a good one talli, you seem to be very well liked around here.
Actually, I'm not running for class president or anything, so if someone on a message board don't like me, my life will carry on. Otherwise I will continue to post as I usually do. If you care so much , do a search on my posts. I think you will be surprised at what you find. That's 17 posts now!!! Wooooo Hooooo

Last edited by tallimeca; 03-01-2006 at 01:18 AM.
Old 03-01-2006 | 01:36 AM
|
Originally Posted by VINNIE
Yo Dyno Dan..

Good to se your still alive

VINNIE
Call me ya hump...I've got questions about your ride man! I've been busy ****ing with the H2 and 'Busa as of late so haven't kept up on your progress.

Old 03-01-2006 | 01:45 AM
Originally Posted by thepawn
What happened to your stock sensor? ...just curious?
That's way too simple........

Originally Posted by Hostile03SVT
...they were swamped with phone calls like you wouldnt believe!!!
...they have more projects going on at once its insane
to you Jim Jr. for doin a kick *** job maintaining over there...
Well said, Rich.
With the amount of business they do, I'm surprised they don't have more F**k Ups.

FF

Old 03-01-2006 | 02:30 AM
What happened to not responding??

Then you come up with these juvenile comments...."I don't blow people like you" hahahaha. What's next? "Your mamma is so fat, when she wears heals, she strikes oil???"
In all my life I have never heard that one before. Ya know, the heels.......Thanks for making me fall off my chair.

Dude, you take these boards way too seriously. Do you really think I am actually going to take time out of my life to take this off the boards?? Think about what you are saying.....No really think about it. You get that mad over a message board???LOL This is a message board.Its called free speech.Not everybody is going to have the same thoughts as you as you can see by all the cheerleaders that have been posted. I think its funny.Sit back and take a deep breath. as for your threats, I have not moved, My address is on my website. I think its so funny that your dedication to JDM is so strong. All kidding aside, Relax man. Life is too short to get as upset as you just did. I cannot believe you took the time to actually look up old threads that i posted years ago to prove a point.The only reason i even crappin on ya, is I dont really post much anymore and when i saw the words "JDM" and you right there with the pom poms, I knew it was going to be a good thread.I could not help myself.The JDM ones always are.I think the last time i was on here years ago, We had this same debate over JDM . Funny how things have not changed.We both are stubborn a$$holes. I could not help myself

Relax dude , Its all good. You outta all the people on here ahould know me better. I love throwing high octane fuel on a fire. I really did enjoy this but its time for me to move on.This truly is my last reply on this .I dont want to get the moderators too upset at me.I gotta be nice now. Peace

Old 03-01-2006 | 04:57 AM
evo
14 guage wire is only good for 15A. For 30A you should have at least #10 and for 40A #8.

Old 03-01-2006 | 06:02 AM
Originally Posted by Lightningquick
I really did enjoy this but its time for me to move on.This truly is my last reply on this .I dont want to get the moderators too upset at me.I gotta be nice now. Peace
Didn't you say you were going to bed hours ago???

Hey Don...go easy man...his profile says hes into ultimate fighting! (I think he might have meant keyboard kung fu, but either way....I wouldn't wanna make him mad!!!!)

Old 03-01-2006 | 06:10 AM
Originally Posted by evo
14 guage wire is only good for 15A. For 30A you should have at least #10 and for 40A #8.

OOps late at night. You are correct sir.

Last edited by 03LightninRocks; 03-01-2006 at 06:38 AM.
Old 03-01-2006 | 06:24 AM
Snip

I guess a good reason to increase wire size would be to cut down on resistance, which as everyone who knows electrical theory, will cause heat, .....

Snip
Smaller wires actually increase resistance and increases the heat of of the wires. You cannot have too big of a wire. Larger wires also help to decrease voltage drop. Lower voltage will increase the amp draw of the motor.

Old 03-01-2006 | 06:33 AM
hahaha

as for your threats, I have not moved, My address is on my website.
actually, you took it the wrong way. We can argue off the boards back and forth till we are blue in the face if you wanted to because you won't win, because like you said, we are both stubborn, and I don't wish to continue it on the boards.

I know exactly where you live. I'm leaving for Portsmouth in 5 minutes so if I actually were mad to the point where I wanted to come kill you or something, i'd be driving by your house in about 20 minutes, hahahaha.

Dude, you take these boards way too seriously
Guy, who's the one that started posting links to your buisness now??? I have nothing to prove to you. The people that know me here know my buisness and what I do for a living. Call your buddy Don, he'll tell ya.

Dude, you take these boards way too seriously
Wouldn't doubt it for a second. You said you wouldn't reply to my posts and yet you've done it twice. You can't help yourself. This place is like crack!!!

You get that mad over a message board???LOL This is a message board.Its called free speech
Didn't I just post the same thing addressing someone else???

Relax man. Life is too short to get as upset as you just did. I cannot believe you took the time to actually look up old threads that i posted years ago to prove a point.
Actually, I wasn't upset at all. Don't flatter yourself. And it took me about 30 seconds to go through your posts to come up with those links. The guys have done a fabulous job making navigating these forums so simple these days. All those posts were on the first page.

I knew it was going to be a good thread.I could not help myself.The JDM ones always are.I think the last time i was on here years ago, We had this same debate over JDM . Funny how things have not changed
Years ago? Try not even a couple months ago. Again a post about JDM where you jumped all over me. I already posted the links to that one, remember?

You outta all the people on here ahould know me better. I love throwing high octane fuel on a fire. I really did enjoy this but its time for me to move on
Oh, I know man. That's why I said it's a fight you can't win and you barked up the wrong tree because we can take this off the boards and I'll argue with you all day.

I dont want to get the moderators too upset at me.
Ummm, couple years too late.

Ok Ray, this one is over. Round what...5? I'm off to work

Your numbers are just a tad off. 12 gauge wire will takeyou to 40 AMPS. 14 gauge is good for 30 amps. 10 gauge is good for 55 Amps. Lat but not least 8 gauge is good for 70 amps
yeah, i was just guessing off the top of my head on this one. I was just saying that i know the wires had to be at least 14 guage.....so I was close.

I know when I moved the manual on/off switch for the fan into the cab, I used 10 guage. I thought about setting it up using a relay but it really wasn't that far to go to get that in depth.

Last edited by tallimeca; 03-01-2006 at 06:44 AM.

Quick Reply: Another JDM Rant...