Lightning

Another JDM Rant...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006 | 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by E-luzion

........Oh and Calightning.. the Jim cheerleading picture.. yeah it was funny a long time ago...time for a change buddy...
I'll post a new one just as soon as it's completed. Thank you for the suggestion!

Old 03-01-2006 | 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by evo
14 guage wire is only good for 15A. For 30A you should have at least #10 and for 40A #8.
And depends upon the length of cable you are running.
For short runs you can use a smaller gauge, longer runs you need to upsize.

Anyway I thought this thread was going to be locked.
Tune in for next weeks exciting episode..........................

Old 03-01-2006 | 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by E-luzion
So you are basing a one time transaction that occurred several years to there customer service now.... your a smart one...

This is why people that support JDM stick up for them.. The majority of people that have had problems with JDM in the PAST do not see how much JDM has changed over the years and are still stuck on that one issue. You can not compare the operations/structure of the company in the past to what they are now...they have drastically changed.

Oh and Calightning.. the Jim cheerleading picture.. yeah it was funny a long time ago...time for a change buddy...
I am also basing this opinion upon the many many posts I see with similiar problems, which have continued up until this day, this also includes the problem as to why this post was even created. If it has improved so much then, why are we still see posts like this today???? You have most likely spent thousands upon thousands of dollars there I am guessing, for the guy only buying one or two bolt-ons, jdm's service is subpar.

Old 03-01-2006 | 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by lurker
Anytime anyone has a problem with JDM, they are always told the same thing, "Call them". You said the same F'in thing. People said the same thing to the person who started this thread. If that's the only way to resolve issues, why use e-mail??? Obviously JDM's website isn't set up to allow someone to order exactly what they want. It sounds like if he wants to continue to be "second to none", he needs to hire some more people!
the whole point of saying that he should have called was to alleviate the situation that took place here.. instead of going public with the problem there should have been a phone call rather this route that was brought about.. when one person gets frustrated and they go public it puts a bitter taste in peoples mouths to do business with the vendor.. even if it was a simple mistake.. and yes i know for a fact that JDMs service is second to none..

Old 03-01-2006 | 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by FLBigDog
I am also basing this opinion upon the many many posts I see with similiar problems, which have continued up until this day, this also includes the problem as to why this post was even created. If it has improved so much then, why are we still see posts like this today???? You have most likely spent thousands upon thousands of dollars there I am guessing, for the guy only buying one or two bolt-ons, jdm's service is subpar.
Thats right.. you are 100% correct..there aren't any other posts ever related to issues with vendors...

The original post is here b/c the person didn't pick up the phone or there was a miscommunication....

Actually I didnt spend thousands with JDM... i bought a lot of my parts from other owners....but when I did buy items, they arrived 1-2 days as scheduled.. why... because I picked up the phone, explained the exact order and made sure there were no issues.

Old 03-01-2006 | 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by Hostile03SVT
the whole point of saying that he should have called was to alleviate the situation that took place here.. instead of going public with the problem there should have been a phone call rather this route that was brought about.. when one person gets frustrated and they go public it puts a bitter taste in peoples mouths to do business with the vendor.. even if it was a simple mistake.. and yes i know for a fact that JDMs service is second to none..
So you're saying that he should have placed a phone then?

Thanks for clearing that up!!!

Old 03-01-2006 | 03:35 PM
This post is dead and the original posters issue has been fixed with a 20 doller part, cut it lose. Todd

Old 03-01-2006 | 03:41 PM
Cliff

I also tried to Email you, but it didn't work, that's why I posted on the board.

Old 03-01-2006 | 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by lurker
So you're saying that he should have placed a phone then?

Thanks for clearing that up!!!
i didnt clear anything up for you... the whole point of me saying that was in a nicer way of saying that the guy should have kept his patience.. when he didnt get the response he wanted through email he should have called...

Old 03-01-2006 | 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by JimIII@jdm
hey Cliff,

Yea its $125 for the new harness assembly. Here is my Email Sales@teamjdm.com to get in touch with me. The two circuit breakers you asked about are the 30 amp and 40 amp. They are Lawson Ciruit breakers with mounting brackets. The PN# for the 30 amp is 89107 the 40 amp is 89108. The original harness that came in our kits is up to the task at hand. Dont worry about that. The kit is about 4 years old on your truck, the circuit breakers can go out on you especially with some life on them.

JimIII
Thanks, Jim ...

Did you get my email, BTW?

Old 03-02-2006 | 04:52 AM
evo
Originally Posted by Ricki F-150
And depends upon the length of cable you are running.
For short runs you can use a smaller gauge, longer runs you need to upsize.

Anyway I thought this thread was going to be locked.
Tune in for next weeks exciting episode..........................
I don't agree with you about using a smaller gauge of wire on the shorter runs. What I stated was min for a short run. You should only be running 80% of the rated load unless it is a motor then it is 125% of the rated load. The acceptable voltage drop is 3%.

Old 03-02-2006 | 09:25 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by SVT_KY
Thanks, Jim ...

Did you get my email, BTW?

Cliff if you sent it to Sales@teamjdm.com I didnt get it.

Ill be leaving for Orlando in a few minutes anyways. If you have any questions contact the tech@teamjdm.com address becuase we at least get them there and Ill call you from the road!

JimIII

Old 03-02-2006 | 10:03 AM
|
Originally Posted by SILVERLIGHTNING
That's way too simple........
It's still in the stock airbox...I could have gone that route if necessary but, alas, the sensor was to be included which was the whole complaint. But I appreciate your oh so simple and elegant solution to my problem.

And Jim III and I have managed to work out the problem...

Last edited by Struck in AZ; 03-02-2006 at 10:10 AM.
Old 03-02-2006 | 10:23 AM
Its so funny that every JDM thread goes down like this.
Whats not so funny is.The fact that because of these boards, JDM is so big.the down side to that is when something goes wrong, everybody is aware of it.You gotta admit, it must be real hard for JDM to keep up a good reputation. It seems like they are undernieth a magnifying glass everyday.I sure would not want to be in their shoes.People dont remember all the good post, they only remember the bad. Its really not fair to them.

Old 03-02-2006 | 12:09 PM
yeah

People dont remember all the good post, they only remember the bad. Its really not fair to them.
It's not fair to JDM, or any vendor. That is my point and why I defend them. ALL OF THEM.

Quick Reply: Another JDM Rant...