Lightning

New to SVT's

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to SVT's

I just got a 2002 Lightning and was wondering if the upgraded sc pully from an 03-04 cobra would be suitable (the shop said it raises the boost on the stang 6 psi). I do have a piggy back computer (not installed yet) from my last car (its an Apexi Super AFC II, rich or lean 50% every 250 rpms). Any info would be great!

Old 03-01-2006, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by ChrisSVT
I just got a 2002 Lightning and was wondering if the upgraded sc pully from an 03-04 cobra would be suitable (the shop said it raises the boost on the stang 6 psi). I do have a piggy back computer (not installed yet) from my last car (its an Apexi Super AFC II, rich or lean 50% every 250 rpms). Any info would be great!
1. Cobra pulley is bigger than Lightning= less boost.(it's the other way around, Lpulley on cobra will increase boost.)
2. Go with one of the big three and get a chip or tuner for your truck.
3. do some searchs for pulleys and chips/tuners
I like what Johnny Lightning Performance has done for my Lightning. I have the quickest Eaton powered/no spray Lightning.

Old 03-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Hey Josh! How is the truck running? Are you coming up for the spring Norwalk Smackdown? I will be there and hopefully have my oil leak solved by then.

Old 03-01-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Cub Cadet
Hey Josh! How is the truck running? Are you coming up for the spring Norwalk Smackdown? I will be there and hopefully have my oil leak solved by then.
Pretty good as you can see by my sig. I need to do a little maintenance on it (ie. plugs) and go back to cecil and shoot for a 10 sec pass. Hell maybe I'll just try Norwalk.

Old 03-01-2006, 09:22 PM
Sorry I guess I typed it wrong, the pully I was talking about is smaller than the stock one. I did a bit of research and found out that it raises the boost for the lightning 3 psi. Not sure how much of a difference that it is going to make on the truck, but for $60 it is worth the probebly 30 or so.

Old 03-01-2006, 10:34 PM
Congrats and welcome to the club! I would like to recomend when changing pullies to not change the upper pulley due to belt slippage that might occur but rather change the lower one, and most would agree that a #4lb along with a good tune on the dyno would be a safe upgrade with a noticable difference in performance.

Enjoy....Bert.

Quick Reply: New to SVT's