Lightning

Woo Hoo!!! 150 MPH+ and it purrs like a frigging Gorilla, (or something...)

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006 | 03:07 AM
good to see you back!

Old 03-12-2006 | 09:33 AM
Heh...just everyone be carefull when you do these stunts (wide open highway, long clear view, no traffic, etc) I've felt comfortable hitting 135MPH and not much more...I start to get the feeling I'm actually moving once 130+MPH comes along, lol, I could drive 120MPH comfortably all day long.

Old 03-12-2006 | 09:56 AM
|
Originally Posted by emig5m
I start to get the feeling I'm actually moving once 130+MPH comes along, lol, I could drive 120MPH comfortably all day long.
How true Bro how true
With these Beast 100+ is pretty much a daily routine for me, and as you said not a dangerous or differant feel than normaL DRIVING. But once you get it up to like 130+ it's a hole differant feel, you kind of know your flying

Although there wasn't one car in my way or any corrections needed to burry the speedo yeaterday, once I was ***** out pinned and doing 150 or more,
(besided realizing if I ran up on a Cop I was clearly going to jail),
I passed a car that was 3 lanes over to my right and when I FLEW by them Man did I realized how fast I was actually going

Again I DO NOT recommend anyone to do a stupid move like this,
but as said a few times a year the perfect conditions are put in front of me,
and it's a spot where it's not possible to have a cop sitting to the left or right,
but I did stay in it a long time and could have easily ran up on a cop and went to jail and lost my L. NOT something I'll be doing again anytime soon....

Give it at least a week or two

Old 03-12-2006 | 10:58 AM
Hey Rob,
Next time use the digital speedo feature and get your exact speed. 160 can't be that far away on your beast...

TB

Old 03-12-2006 | 06:14 PM
Welcome back bro! Congrats on that WOT "closed circut" test drive.

Old 03-12-2006 | 08:26 PM
That sounds awesome Rob!

The only time I have run over 150mph has been on my bike (man do you have to pedal fast LOL). I was told that the 155mph club experience a tunnel vision sensation at that speed and they were right - loads of fun, but a hell-of-a-lot safer (I think) in a Lightning than a bike (then again who knows?).

Any way glad you were able to settle the "break in" period with a bang - the good kind!

D-Day

Old 03-13-2006 | 06:35 AM
|
Thanks everyone and believe me "it's great to be back"
Sup Dan the Man....
TB remind me how we do that ??? a digital speedo pic could be in the future

PS
OK is it just me or Spring finally sprang, and now it's raining every frigging day
*(#@%$)@$_@!$#%)@$%)(@$&%(@$%(@$%(@$%(@&$%@$

Old 03-13-2006 | 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by Rob_02Lightning
TB remind me how we do that ??? a digital speedo pic could be in the
Turn key on, don't start it, push and hold in the trip reset boton, start truck, keep the boton pushed in until it reads "test" (about 10 seconds) then release, push botton a few times, I think like 7 to get to the mph read out. dont worry if you pass it, just keep pushing it, it'll come back around. It'll stay in that mode until you shut of your truck. Have fun.

btw, it resets you trip miles, so I hope your not using it. lol

Hope that helps ya!

Old 03-14-2006 | 08:19 PM
I've been there too, Rob. I had to test the stability of my Lightning with the new scoop system we sell. It did great!! Like you, I laid back and let the traffic get way ahead of me and it was on a lightly traveled section of Interstate where the pavement is new. I hit 140 and it kept climing to the limit, whatever that is.

I swung over into the far left lane against the dividing wall, just in case something happened thinking maybe I could keep it against the wall if the worst DID happened. It was smooth as silk, and I can't tell you how it made me feel, words can't describe it, but I was strangely calm during the entire run.

Tim

Old 03-14-2006 | 09:41 PM
Rob, It's time to load it up and come to FFW in Atlanta and turn it loose. The weather is great down here, except for the friggen pollen. You wash your truck and 3 hours later, it's hard to see out of the windows. Glad to hear it's running well.

Quick Reply: Woo Hoo!!! 150 MPH+ and it purrs like a frigging Gorilla, (or something...)