Lightning

Who has a JLP block

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006 | 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by l-menace
And if you paid attention, you would know my gripe is NOT with JDM products or the service they provide. It was about a comment said to JJ by someone from JDM about what they were going to do to him at the track at an upcoming event if he dared showed up. Ironically that entire thread was quickly erased from the forum, but not from my memory.
Give me a break man...just because someone "says" something doesnt mean they are going to actaully do it.... If someone says im gonna kill him, do they really do it.. no they dont, its just spoken words taken out of context

and btw..There are 2 sides to every story...you heard one side.. but did you hear the other side of the story from the actual persons mouth who said it?

Last edited by E-luzion; 03-17-2006 at 01:04 PM.
Old 03-16-2006 | 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by lurker
Do you use torque plates when boring/honing? Just curious, I know Ford doesn't. If I were looking to make big power and using say ARP studs, I'd be torque plate boring/honing. But that's just me.
Does anyone hot hone? Have normal operating temp oil on the block with a torque plate with honing?

Old 03-16-2006 | 02:39 PM
I have never purchased a built block from any of our vendors, so I cannot speak from experience.

BUT........

I have spoken to two of our vendors, JLP and JDM - they are the only two I would seriously consider buying a block from if I went this route.

In my conversations with both I have found professionalism, enough information to feel educated on the topic and informed regarding install and options etc.

I feel the community is fortunate to simply have "choices"!

It's like my friend who has an Audi TT (don't hold it against him) and the import tuners bend him over, time and time again because he is limited and they know it.

Competition is a great thing for the consumer!

Cheers to both Vendors!

D-Day

Old 03-16-2006 | 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by Dan_03Lightning
It's like my friend who has an Audi TT (don't hold it against him) and the import tuners bend him over, time and time again because he is limited and they know it.

Competition is a great thing for the consumer!

Cheers to both Vendors!

D-Day

Amen to that! My bud has an S4, its nasty, but so was the bill!!!!!
Choices rule...make them wisely.

Old 03-17-2006 | 12:29 AM
Originally Posted by Dan_03Lightning
I have never purchased a built block from any of our vendors, so I cannot speak from experience.

BUT........

I have spoken to two of our vendors, JLP and JDM - they are the only two I would seriously consider buying a block from if I went this route.
I wouldn't buy a motor from either!

We have far far too many choices in the mod motor aftermarket to limit yourselves to just lightning vendors.

Old 03-17-2006 | 01:24 AM
Actually, I was using that as an example, thanks for noticing.

When I bought my Lightning, everyone told me to upgrade to a 90mm maf. So I did. I didn't have to, I didn't gain any power by doing so. I just didn't set a goal or know a lot about these vehicles. Now that I've learned and read the boards on a daily basis for several years, I know what works and what to stay away from. What are gimmics and what works.
What you need to achieve a power goal and what is simply way overboard to achieve that same goal.

And if you paid attention, you would know my gripe is NOT with JDM products or the service they provide. It was about a comment said to JJ by someone from JDM about what they were going to do to him at the track at an upcoming event if he dared showed up. Ironically that entire thread was quickly erased from the forum, but not from my memory.

Well hot damn.....you finally admit that you have a biased opinion on JDM that is based on your personal dislike for a supposed post he made that had nothing to do with you. You also admit your knowledge of Lightnings is pretty much limited to what you have read on the internet. Well heck...if it's on the internet...it has to be true....LMAO. You also admit to being satisfied with driving a relatively slow Lightning, which IMHO says that you are not qualified to be slinging advice or opinions to folks that strive to run faster than this.

Your opinions therefore are based on your desire to carry out some sort of vendetta and should be received with a grain of salt.

OK then...thanks for comming clean. It takes alot for a man to admit he has been practicing deception, especially on the internet.

You have certainly gained a little more respect from me with this confession.

My hats off to ya....

Rocks

Old 03-17-2006 | 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by 03LightninRocks
Well hot damn.....you finally admit that you have a biased opinion on JDM that is based on your personal dislike for a supposed post he made that had nothing to do with you. You also admit your knowledge of Lightnings is pretty much limited to what you have read on the internet. Well heck...if it's on the internet...it has to be true....LMAO. You also admit to being satisfied with driving a relatively slow Lightning, which IMHO says that you are not qualified to be slinging advice or opinions to folks that strive to run faster than this.

Your opinions therefore are based on your desire to carry out some sort of vendetta and should be received with a grain of salt.

OK then...thanks for comming clean. It takes alot for a man to admit he has been practicing deception, especially on the internet.

You have certainly gained a little more respect from me with this confession.

My hats off to ya....

Rocks
kids nowadays. quit making assumptions.

I've stated over and over again (do a search) that I dislike JDM, not their products, just one particular person for the above stated reason. They are another innovator that keeps pushing the envelope for all to benefit, even me! Their statement was out of line, rude, offensive, threatening and simply unprofessional. It was serious! Unless you forget the rivalry going on between JDM and JJ.

Let me ask you something. How do you learn?
Do you just tear something apart and hope to put it together correctly, with all the torque and tolerances correct? Or do you do a little research, figure out a game plan and then do it.

Please re-read what I wrote. And then find another person in here who hasn't come to these boards to ask a question, to gain knowledge about an issue or part they are condisering buying. I mean isn't that why these boards exist? To help the fellow Lightning owner? To share in the enjoyment of these outdated farm trucks? When someone says use the search button, what do you think they are looking for? Hint --> information and knowledge.

I learned a lot from this and several other boards. TO limit your knowledge to that based on personal experience is ignorant. Why reinvent the wheel? People learn from others, plain and simple. You may have learned from working on your truck, but you didn't build it, Ford did. So by learning by doing, is actually backwards engineering in a sense.

I am not going to waste my time, but I bet if i did a search under your username I would come up with all types of questions you have asked over the months about the truck. Were you not expanding your knowledge? Didn't you want anothers opinion? Or are you simply a post *****.

To say my knowledge is limited to what I've read on the boards is a gross mistatement. I've been wrenching on cars since I was 15years old. Perhaps that is why I have a '69 and '70 mustang? Why I can do body work and mechanical work? Now this summer I'm tackling building my first car engine. Done several snowmobiles, 4 stroke, 2 stroke engines in the past. If I blow it up, I Blow it up, learn what I did wrong and move forward. But it's only a 302, so thats doubtful. And you know what. i actually bought a book to read so i kow what I'm doing. I guess i could have posted on 302 engine forums.

It doesn't matter where the knowledge comes from. It is unfortunate you feel otherwise, I actually feel sorry for you.

and to QUOTE one of the best statements I've ever READ ON THIS FORUM:

Originally posted by Tim Skelton
I'm pretty much done with all of the BS also. First, the idiots who don't know how to use a search button ask the same f*cking questions over and over. But say anything about it, and you are the bad guy.

Call BS on someone or otherwise challenge their reasoning, and they boohoohoo. Then a combination of "me too" potshots and "you *sshole" posts ensues.

I am convinced more and more each day that the average Lightning owner's IQ is about room temperature -- measured in Celcius.

The only thing that has kept me here as long as I have is the few people who actually understand the scientific method -- or at least can spell it But those bright shining stars of sanity are being drown out by the droning of the moronic masses.

What this board needs is a good old fashioned enema, purging the stupid and tasteless. Rude I can take, but the ignorance is becoming more than I can handle. But that won't happen. We are all too concerned about not hurting anyone's feelings (fewer subscribers means fewer ad hits, which means less SV $).

So let's all just kick back and enjoy the glow of brotherhood. No reason to let little things like truthfulness, intellectual honesty, reason -- or candor -- get in the way of a lovefest.

Last edited by l-menace; 03-17-2006 at 08:40 AM.
Old 03-17-2006 | 09:40 AM
hahah

the cry babies here kill me. If you don't like it here, leave. There are other forums that may suite you better. NLOC, SVTPERFORMANCE, LIGHTNINGRODDER, and F150WORLD. Hope this helps

Old 03-17-2006 | 11:12 AM

I've stated over and over again (do a search) that I dislike JDM, not their products, just one particular person for the above stated reason. They are another innovator that keeps pushing the envelope for all to benefit, even me! Their statement was out of line, rude, offensive, threatening and simply unprofessional. It was serious! Unless you forget the rivalry going on between JDM and JJ.

Do you just tear something apart and hope to put it together correctly, with all the torque and tolerances correct? Or do you do a little research, figure out a game plan and then do it.

Please re-read what I wrote. And then find another person in here who hasn't come to these boards to ask a question, to gain knowledge about an issue or part they are condisering buying. I mean isn't that why these boards exist? To help the fellow Lightning owner? To share in the enjoyment of these outdated farm trucks? When someone says use the search button, what do you think they are looking for? Hint --> information and knowledge.

I learned a lot from this and several other boards. TO limit your knowledge to that based on personal experience is ignorant. Why reinvent the wheel? People learn from others, plain and simple. You may have learned from working on your truck, but you didn't build it, Ford did. So by learning by doing, is actually backwards engineering in a sense.

I am not going to waste my time, but I bet if i did a search under your username I would come up with all types of questions you have asked over the months about the truck. Were you not expanding your knowledge? Didn't you want anothers opinion? Or are you simply a post *****.

To say my knowledge is limited to what I've read on the boards is a gross mistatement. I've been wrenching on cars since I was 15years old. Perhaps that is why I have a '69 and '70 mustang? Why I can do body work and mechanical work? Now this summer I'm tackling building my first car engine. Done several snowmobiles, 4 stroke, 2 stroke engines in the past. If I blow it up, I Blow it up, learn what I did wrong and move forward. But it's only a 302, so thats doubtful. And you know what. i actually bought a book to read so i kow what I'm doing. I guess i could have posted on 302 engine forums.

It doesn't matter where the knowledge comes from. It is unfortunate you feel otherwise, I actually feel sorry for you.

Last edited by 03LightninRocks; 03-17-2006 at 11:15 AM.
Old 03-17-2006 | 01:03 PM

Menace after this entire rant... you still didnt answer my question....

Old 03-17-2006 | 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by E-luzion
Give me a break man...just because someone "says" something doesnt mean they are going to actaully do it.... If someone says im gonna kill him, do they really do it.. no they dont, its just spoken words taken out of context

and btw..There are 2 sides to every story...you heard one side.. but did you hear the other side of the story from the actual persons mouth who said it?
Sorry I missed it.

Both the parties were posting in the thread and it was several pages long. I read the entire thread until it was removed.

Old 03-17-2006 | 07:03 PM
nice

this thread has run it's course. Good info though. Free post before it closes.

Where's Rob. WooooooHooooo

Old 03-17-2006 | 07:28 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by monkeysL
I've had two shortblocks, first one from JDM and second one JLP...i went with JLP the second time b/c i met him a Lfest in 2004...while having tons of other customers he took the time to speak with me about his engine and other ideas. i know i'm not the only person he has given his cell number to so he can be reached easily when questions need to be answered ASAP. Johnny and Sue IMO are awesome people to deal with.
Why did you switch from a JDM engine to a JLP engine? What happened to the JDM piece?

Old 03-18-2006 | 06:44 AM
Sorry I missed it.

Both the parties were posting in the thread and it was several pages long. I read the entire thread until it was removed.
So you were not there when the actual arguement occured. You are taking sides based on an internet board.....

You have a lot of growing up to do Menace if you are basing a persons reputation/business practice from what you READ on a message board....next time when you decide to choose sides, how about actually witnessing the REAL arguement, not a message board one...

Old 03-18-2006 | 10:41 AM
All B.S. aside... I have a real urgent need!

I have an upcomming need for a LB assembly. My current motor has 2 rods pitched through the block, and I'm going to assume for the moment that I have head(s) damaged from stray pistons. So, I'm going to need an entire LB assembly. Not only that, but I might as well upgrade the fuel system while I'm at it, injectors, lines, pumps, etc. to prevent the common thing that happens at high HP levels - inadaquate fuel supply.

JDM Jersey dollars must have a different conversion rate than other dealers, 'cause they request $8995.00 for an entire LB assembly. I have $8000.00 to spend at this juncture. I don't mind doing the engine swap on my own time, but my tender non-Brokeback bohiney ain't going to accomodate a huge Jersey toadsmasher, if you know what I mean. At least not without lube and the courtesy of a reach-around.

My goals are simple - to achieve 600+ HP static with my Magnum Powers, at signifigantly lowered timing advance, on 93 octane pump fuel. Rob's engine did it, but from my understanding the forumla used was a JDM bumped-CR engine (9:1), "blackbox" JDM head porting/flow/squish formula. I haven't seen such results reported from any other dealer's engine, nothing even close w/ the Magnum Powers. So, given that, what to do? I still need to purchase headers/midpipe assembly, replace coilpacks (they're due), mount a good e-fan, and a few gauges.

Last edited by Master Of Pain; 03-18-2006 at 10:51 AM.

Quick Reply: Who has a JLP block