Lightning

Help replacing wheel studs!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006 | 04:06 PM
|
Help replacing wheel studs!!!

I'm in the middle of replecing the studs and I can't get them out. I've loosened them but can't figure out how to get them out from behind that shield. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I keep taking more and more stuff off of the truck and I'm affraid I'm not going to be able to put it all back.

help please?

Old 03-25-2006 | 06:38 PM
if your talking about the front u have to take the enitire hub/disc brake off........

Old 03-25-2006 | 08:18 PM
|
nope, talking about the rear drivers side. It almost looks like the axle has to come off, but I'm thinking there must be an easier way.

Old 03-25-2006 | 08:47 PM
mine were broken off, so it was easy ro remove with a hammer.. are yours. or why are you removing them. to put new ones, i put them in trough the back & pushed them in with a stock lug nut that has a open end. by thightning the lug, the stud goes in.

Old 03-26-2006 | 05:55 AM
|
I'm replacing them because the other day that wheel fell off. Somebody must have tried to steal it and loosend all the lugs except the locking one. Unfortunately I didn't realize untill it was too late. When the wheel came off it ruined all the studs.

I can cut the studs and get them out but how am I going to get the new ones in? There isn't enough clearance in the back to slide them in.

Old 03-26-2006 | 11:36 AM
I took a 1" hole saw (one for metal) and cut a hole in the 6 o'clock position in the backing plate... this way you will never have to pull the axles for stud replacement. Just make sure you are clear of everything brake related, and still in a position for the stud to come out.

Quick Reply: Help replacing wheel studs!!!