Lightning

Dream came true!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006 | 05:46 PM
|
Dream came true!!!

After 5 years of me missing out on deals where I could afford an L, I finally got one. Picked her up last night, 2001 Red with 35k miles on her for $15,900.... thank YOU bank repo

But i have some questions for local NJ guys. I am riding on the spare now and need to buy a set of rims, preferably stock. Anyone know where to or anyone that is selling their whole set of stockers close?

Also, which intake system would you suggest, I was leaning towards K&N but would gladly consider others.

P.S. sorry if I seemed like a **** in my other posts, was just excited and concerned with it all.

Thanks all!!

Old 03-25-2006 | 05:47 PM
That's a great deal for a 01. Congratulations.

Old 03-25-2006 | 07:24 PM
|
ha thanks. yea i figured it would be gone by the time I could sell my truck and get home, but luck finally went my way somewhat.

Old 03-25-2006 | 08:24 PM
HI!... Just make sure that the spare is not on the rear running in conjunction with on of the stock height tires. This will kill your limited slip in a matter of miles.

Old 03-25-2006 | 08:34 PM
go with a JLP cai and seal off the top screen w/ a peice of sheetmetal from the under side of screen that way it 'll reduce the amount off under hood heat being sucked in and will suck air from fender and bottom of truck like a vacumm

Old 03-25-2006 | 09:22 PM
|
Originally Posted by Neal
HI!... Just make sure that the spare is not on the rear running in conjunction with on of the stock height tires. This will kill your limited slip in a matter of miles.
wait u confused me. the spare IS on the rear. should i switch it to the front??? im really trying to find a set of 4 stock rims close to me but no one is selling

Old 03-25-2006 | 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by MicLightning
wait u confused me. the spare IS on the rear. should i switch it to the front??? im really trying to find a set of 4 stock rims close to me but no one is selling
Dude congrats on your L.. i offered to you a set of rough chrome rims 99-00 dirt cheap if you were concerned soooo much about getting that spare off one rim is near perfect.. you said you want something to just drive on other then the spare.... your paying less then 1 rim for all 4.. for the 75 i was charging you you could atleast have one rim to satisfy your needs. .. if your lookin for a freebie i think this is your best bet unless you go to the dealer and buy one for yourself... good luck to you..

Old 03-25-2006 | 10:14 PM
check out my add in the classifieds. I can get stock 18 or 20" with tires. Just shoot me an E-mail (PM feature is still disabled on F150online)

Old 03-25-2006 | 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by MicLightning
wait u confused me. the spare IS on the rear. should i switch it to the front???
Yes, the rear tires need to be the same hight if they are the same you will be alright but I would move it to the front.
Mike

Old 03-25-2006 | 10:41 PM
Try ebay for a wheel, you can probably get one new for a good price. As for as an intake you will get several different answers from members pushing their personal preferences on you (which will start a pissing match guaranteed). JDM is what alot of us used, there is also JLP and many others. Just watch what you do and which mods you install. These motors can be tempermental at best and you might need to get a programer installed.

Old 03-26-2006 | 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by mike00L
Try ebay for a wheel, you can probably get one new for a good price. As for as an intake you will get several different answers from members pushing their personal preferences on you (which will start a pissing match guaranteed). JDM is what alot of us used, there is also JLP and many others. Just watch what you do and which mods you install. These motors can be tempermental at best and you might need to get a programer installed.
yea exactly what Mike said... i put on the AEM 95mm setup and i needed a retune.. there is a few intakes that are offered.. JDM has a 108mm intake and MAF tube.. PSP has the fast air kit another nice piece, and JLP has his ram air box that you can get in various colors even chrome... chickenears has a new ram air setup too.. the options are there its just how far your willing to go..
hey Mike didnt i sell you the MAC CAI over the summer??

Old 03-26-2006 | 12:48 AM
|
Originally Posted by Hostile03SVT
yea exactly what Mike said... i put on the AEM 95mm setup and i needed a retune.. there is a few intakes that are offered.. JDM has a 108mm intake and MAF tube.. PSP has the fast air kit another nice piece, and JLP has his ram air box that you can get in various colors even chrome... chickenears has a new ram air setup too.. the options are there its just how far your willing to go..
hey Mike didnt i sell you the MAC CAI over the summer??
Not sure if the mike selling me something is a joke between you and Mike but no, no one sold me anything over summer. Thanks for the input though, I have been shopping around on their sites comparing prices and what not. The JLP cai seems to have caught my eye, especially with what ixcelr8 said, good idea creating the vacuum away from the engine heat.

Old 03-26-2006 | 07:15 AM
CONGRATS MicLightning
AND BEST OF LUCK with the new Beast

Old 03-26-2006 | 10:12 AM
If it was a 99/00 I'd have ya a rim for free. Oh ya, this thread is useless without pics!

Old 03-26-2006 | 11:50 AM
Im looking for some chrome rims for my 01 if anyone is selling. Looking for some 18's or 20's for now....

Quick Reply: Dream came true!!!