Lightning

1st KILLS

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2000 | 06:59 PM
|
Post 1st KILLS

The wife and I were out crusing around this afternoon on the outskirts of town on the 4 lane. Here come's a black 99/00 GT Mustang and a late 80's model Covette by me in the left lane playing tag. Two guys in the stang and a guy and his girl in the vette. I've had the truck 2 weeks now without any action, so decided to tag along.

After about 3/4ths mile they turn right at a light, Mustang stays in right lane, vette goes to left lane and nails it hard. Mustang responds and immediately pulls out about 1 1/2 lengths on the Vette. Luckily I was slow enough turning the corner that the L grabbed 1st gear.

I was beside the Vette before I even realized it and was just able to squeeze between it and the Mustang into the left lane and began overtaking the Mustang. No traffic so I held her at WOT till about 100 when I looked back and the stang was probably 5-6 car lengths back, so I slowed down. Neither car attempted to come back up beside me once I got to 55 and both turned off about a mile up the road.

I was actually nervous when it was over, I'm 52 years old and it has been a while since I've done this, but Damn it felt good. Sorry about the long post, but had to get it out.
LOOOVVVEEEE this truck and the PSP filter is still in the closet. I want to wait until I feel like it is broke in good before I install it so I can get an honest idea of how much it improves the beast.

Old 04-30-2000 | 07:26 PM
Rest In Peace
From: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
Nice kill! I had a very similar result with the GTs. I cannot wait until I come across a vette.

Old 04-30-2000 | 11:06 PM
Cool

LMAO! Wonder if they knew what hit'em. Otta the way, Lightnin' comin' through. You can finish when I'm done.

------------------
Red '00 Lightning,
Adopted 4/19/00,
PSP Filter,
Track time pending...

Quick Reply: 1st KILLS