Lightning

L vs. SST???

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2000, 07:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question L vs. SST???

Hey guys here is the deal. My buddy phil has a 97 ss/t ram, with a paxton 8lb, headers, cam, and some other stuff. Sure its pretty quick but here is my problem. My other friend saw him race a 00 L from a roll and said the 2 trucks were dead even. He knows for a fact that the L has a 4.10gear and exhaust. Maybe no chip? But this is bad news. There is also the chance that whomever was driving the L got a bad start or didnt know what he was doin. But still, has anyone else raced an ss/t with anything done. Bone stock they arent very quick. Thanks

Old 05-05-2000, 07:55 PM
Sure it wasn't a 1st generation L? They came with 4.10's

Old 05-05-2000, 09:12 PM
Was it a paxton novi, or the sn93, makes a "big" difference

Old 05-06-2000, 12:06 AM
Exclamation

Another possibility is that they were rolling at that magic speed, where the L wont shift down. Hehehe. DAMN IT!! I hate that speed. If you get into a dual at that special point, you're gonna be toast...but I've heard that with the chip, that problem goes away.

And secondly...why is this "bad"? Do you really expect NOTHING to be faster than the Lightning? If so, you have a MAJOR disappointment coming to you. There will always be someone faster, no matter what you drive. That's why god gave us "the aftermarket".

------------------
AtomHeart
2000 Silver Lightnin'
1969 Ford Fairlane Cobra R code w/ 3.91 dragpack
atomhart@cyberhighway.net

[This message has been edited by AtomHeart (edited 05-06-2000).]

Old 05-06-2000, 12:52 AM
PFA
Hey Impala
Is the Ram red w/clear taillights? I saw one at Milan last year running 13.50's with street slicks. He had a big mouth on him and just kept on runnin' it. This happened to be around the time Superchips came out with their chip and nobody had it yet. It would have been a good run.

Old 05-06-2000, 01:26 AM
The ram is actually green, and very lowwwww. The lightning was definately a 00' my buddy danny works at an svt ford dealer and they know the kid. And Atomheart, no way do I think the lightning is the fastest thing out there. I know a guy with a 69 camaro z28 runnin 12s on street tires. Now here is a dissapointment just a few hours ago I raced a jeep wrangler with giant mud swampers on it in my 96 Impala SS. Now the car is pretty quick for how big it is, but wow the jeep killed me. And the worst part is, I told him im selling it for a lightning. He says, yeah those are pretty fast, I barely beat one today! He had a small block amc V8 with some edlebrock stuff done. Real nice guy actually, but Wow. Now he didnt spank me all that bad. He might be full of it. O well. That kinda stuff just makes me wanna go faster and faster!

Old 05-06-2000, 02:28 AM
ImpalaSS1,
I have a friend of mine who has a beautiful CJ7 Jeep. He is building a 383 with a Tuned Port Induction. He is building it to be a "rock crawler", but I keep tellin him he's gonna outrun my Lightning. It's funny, you just never know what is under the hood of a vehicle.

He has spent numerous hours in his garage polishing the entire intake system.

This is what he is putting it into.

[This message has been edited by Peter B (edited 05-06-2000).]

Quick Reply: L vs. SST???