Lightning

Please Read! Built Motor Question- Vendors opinions Welcome!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 08:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha

Does that make his engines better? Maybe. I say look at the track records...how many blown engines have you seen from JDM or JL?
None, except for that guy a couple years back that had the JDM block and his tuner had him set the rev limiter at 6800 rpms and he lost some valve springs...........

I think the main thing is these tuners don't have the space for the machining equipment and the training on this new equipment. I have a machine shop near my shop. This guy builds and engineers products for nasa and the military. It's basically his house and you would never know from the outside, but when you go in......it's amazing.

We got a set of hooker headers for our mustang. Were supposed to be for a 351 block in a fox body. The headers bolt to a flange that is bolted to the motor. Needless to say is was a poor design at best. This guy made me two new flanges that were port matched from the heads to the headers and fit flawless.

Old 04-10-2006, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by whip
I say look at the track records...how many blown engines have you seen from JDM or JL?

Do you think Component failure or assembly errors cause our engines to fail?

Old 04-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by SWThomas
Please enlighten us as to who this builder of super-engines is....
Go do some research, and decide on your own. I'm not here to spoon feed you.

Old 04-10-2006, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by MISTERgadget
Go do some research, and decide on your own. I'm not here to spoon feed you.
You are proof that there are two sides to every coin. You seem to have a good rep in FL, but I swear, it seems like most things I read from you seem like they come from the biggest *****! Now, I'm not calling you a *****. I'm just saying, to me, in my opinion, you seem like a *****! Maybe it's one of those "you gotta be there things."

Old 04-10-2006, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by baddgene
You are proof that there are two sides to every coin. You seem to have a good rep in FL, but I swear, it seems like most things I read from you seem like they come from the biggest *****! Now, I'm not calling you a *****. I'm just saying, to me, in my opinion, you seem like a *****! Maybe it's one of those "you gotta be there things."
consider everything I say "tongue in cheek" and it's a more accurate picture of myself.

the builder has been discussed here before, his name is Al Pappito.

Old 04-11-2006, 01:45 AM
Depends on how much some one wants to charge you versus how much you tear up if inexperienced. It is no small amount of work the first time or two, but gets quicker and more dreaded with repetition I joke, but this is very close to the truth. If you do it yourself and your experience level is thinner than your wallet, get experienced help.

Quick Reply: Please Read! Built Motor Question- Vendors opinions Welcome!