Lightning

Oil Breather Sep?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 01:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oil Breather Sep?

Yesterday I cleaned my entire engine and bay, ill get pics up later. took me 3 1/2 hours. anyway, when I took off the rubber inlet boot, there was a bunch of motor oil in it, black as night. I talked to my one buddy who has an 03 cobra and he got an oil breather seperator from Sean Hylands site, but I could not find anything for an L

I know now I have to break down the entire blower and intercooler and get that oil out of there, but does anyone have a link to something I could buy to prevent this?

Thanks guys.

-Sean

Old 04-08-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by MicLightning
but does anyone have a link to something I could buy to prevent this?

Link to the 'No oil in the intake Lightning fix'

Old 04-08-2006, 02:19 PM

so ur saying i should buy an SRT turd?

anyone have a serious fix?

Old 04-08-2006, 02:45 PM
I put on a LFP oil separator after I did the intercooler cleaning. It is half filled after 2 days of driving. I can't believe what comes through that line.

Jon

Old 04-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by MicLightning
anyone have a serious fix?
What are you talking about? That is a serious fix! Just kidding, lol... anyway, from what I've read is that there is no one single fix that everyone agrees on that works and/or at the same time keeps the stock PCV system working as it should. I had a 2000 used L with breathers and hello oil smell through the heater vents, lol.

I bought the Lightning Enterprise PCV Valve Kit for my 03 but there's mixed comments on how it works (it's about 50/50) so F it.... I'm not even going to worry about it anymore until a "credible" source could do legitimate tests of the various oil in the intake fixes for the L. Where I'm going with that is in the PC hardware scene, hardware vendors where giving free hardware to certain people on various hardware forums in return to tell everyone how awesume their products are. Since then, I've been very sceptical who I listen to on the net. Not saying anyone here could be doing the same type of thing, I've just been very wary about what I read and who I read it from on the net anymore.....

Old 04-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by emig5m
What are you talking about? That is a serious fix! Just kidding, lol... anyway, from what I've read is that there is no one single fix that everyone agrees on that works and/or at the same time keeps the stock PCV system working as it should. I had a 2000 used L with breathers and hello oil smell through the heater vents, lol.

I bought the Lightning Enterprise PCV Valve Kit for my 03 but there's mixed comments on how it works (it's about 50/50) so F it.... I'm not even going to worry about it anymore until a "credible" source could do legitimate tests of the various oil in the intake fixes for the L. Where I'm going with that is in the PC hardware scene, hardware vendors where giving free hardware to certain people on various hardware forums in return to tell everyone how awesume their products are. Since then, I've been very sceptical who I listen to on the net. Not saying anyone here could be doing the same type of thing, I've just been very wary about what I read and who I read it from on the net anymore.....
hmmm, well that oil smell through the heater vents was pretty funny, but this sucks that there is no real fix for this????? I didnt even get into the blower and im honestly afraid to now after all the oil i found in the rubber inlet boot.

Old 04-08-2006, 08:00 PM
I put breathers on my truck like this....https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...light=breather. Like emig said, I got a lot of the oil smell coming from the breathers. The reason for my smell was because the driver's side breather was puking oil all over the place. What I did to almost eliminate all the smell was:

I got a metal cap from a local performance store (this is where a guy told me about the idea). It can be from anywhere it cost me $0.00. It looks like a old metal soda bottle cap (but without the rough edge).
Then I drilled two 1/8 in holes in the top.
The metal cap fit perfectly over the stock plastic tube coming from the valve cover.
Then just slide your rubber hose over the cap and your done.

This still allows the air to release but controls the amount of oil that is blown out of the breather. When I first did this mod I had oil puking within two monts. But since I put the cap in no oil has been puked out of the driver's side breather as of yet. I have had this on for about 4 months with no issues what so ever.

This is probably the best way to delete the oil from the intake.

kurt

Old 04-08-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by SVTPIRATES
I put breathers on my truck like this....https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...light=breather. Like emig said, I got a lot of the oil smell coming from the breathers. The reason for my smell was because the driver's side breather was puking oil all over the place. What I did to almost eliminate all the smell was:

I got a metal cap from a local performance store (this is where a guy told me about the idea). It can be from anywhere it cost me $0.00. It looks like a old metal soda bottle cap (but without the rough edge).
Then I drilled two 1/8 in holes in the top.
The metal cap fit perfectly over the stock plastic tube coming from the valve cover.
Then just slide your rubber hose over the cap and your done.

This still allows the air to release but controls the amount of oil that is blown out of the breather. When I first did this mod I had oil puking within two monts. But since I put the cap in no oil has been puked out of the driver's side breather as of yet. I have had this on for about 4 months with no issues what so ever.

This is probably the best way to delete the oil from the intake.

kurt
Thanks for the idea.

Quick Reply: Oil Breather Sep?