Lightning

Need opinion from L experts please

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006 | 07:22 PM
|
Question Need opinion from L experts please

Hey all. I am looking to buy a used L and came across a black 04 with 16,300 miles on it at a dealer nearby. What they want for it is ridiculous which is $28,800. My question is considering this is being sold by a dealer, what would you guys think is a fair offer for me to give them as far as how much I should pay. I have been lurking here in the L forums for a long while trying to learn all I can because I know that one day I WILL get me a L. Best I could tell is the truck is completely stock. Popped the hood and nothing aftermarket under it and got under it to check if maybe it had an aftermarket exhaust system but nothing there. Only thing not stock is it has an ARE tonneau. I got to test drive it today and it runs and drives real smooth.

So what do you guys think is a fair offer? Thanks so much in advance and with any luck hopefully I am driving a L by next week!

Old 04-08-2006 | 07:47 PM
If you're concerned that it has ever been modified, look carefully at the exhaust system to see if it has had an O-2 sensor bung put in the exahust before the rear cats. If it has, it will have a plug in it, but you should be able to tell that it was added. That's not necessarily a bad thing, because it means the prior owner had sense enough to have it properly tuned instead of using mail order or, worse yet, no tunes. If you like the color and the truck is clean, the price is in the negotiating range. If you've followed this forum for long, you'll have noticed how many of the trucks have been wadded up. The Lightning has all the makings of a long term collectable.

Old 04-08-2006 | 09:29 PM
Talking

Heh, believe it or not, the current blue book retail value for that year/miles at my zip code is $31,025. I paid $27,000 out the door including tax for my 03 last spring with 1,175 miles on it...they where asking similer price to the one you're looking at, but me complaining about affording payments the salesman with a frustrated look on his face finally let me have it for $27,000 out the door including tax, tags, etc, lol... I was so happy I finally found a 03/04 L that wasn't abused, tinkered with, and very low miles as good as new at a price I could comfortably afford. (when they where selling new in my area, they where asking +$5000 over sticker, lol, so that put it out of range for me to get a 03 in 03 new)

Had my L for a year now and I'm still doing the happy dance! Oil in the intake... rock on!

Old 04-08-2006 | 09:44 PM
had my 04 ordered from dealership it is black had 11 miles on it with a-plan it came out to be $29,500.so with 16,000 or so miles u should be able to negotiate.tell them to keep the crappy topper lol

Old 04-08-2006 | 11:55 PM
You're in Hawaii. There can't be that many of them there; and, you can't drive out of state to pick another up at a better price. It may not be there long at that price. Try to talk 'em down though.

Quick Reply: Need opinion from L experts please